***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

262,465 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by petebaker
South Platte
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tjack16 said:

If you're a Rangers fan going to the game tomorrow, there's a really cool giveaway… World Series championship replica rings.

Don't know if they've done one of those in Arlington yet.
So why is this replica ring a thing? Do you wear it to work? Wear it in public or to an Astros game? No trash talking, just curious.
tjack16
AG
I have to say, I don't hate the Rangers at all. I'm just glad the rivalry is getting more intense.

I prefer to keep the trash talk Baseball related… but to each their own
Ag_07
AG
justnobody79 said:

tjack16 said:

If you're a Rangers fan going to the game tomorrow, there's a really cool giveaway… World Series championship replica rings.

they did, but got mistakenly put in a trash can near the dugout. someone beat it with a baseball bat and ruined the rings.
Jeez...Nice valiant effort though.

Live look at all the Ranger fanboys desperately reaching.

tjack16
AG
To me it's just a cool collectible to have. They have a display they come with, so it's cool to collect and put on a shelf. My dad used to collect Aggie conference championship ones in the 80s-90s so they're just a cool thing to have. Just like any other stadium giveaway, but they're surprisingly good quality replicas.

I dont believe anybody actually wears them…. I think.
jah003
S
tjack16
AG
Hypothetical for both fan bases

If both teams continue to be playoff caliber for the foreseeable future, so 4-6 years. Could this become one of the top 3 rivalries in baseball?

I dont think it'll ever pass Yankees/Red Sox or Cubs/Cardinals… but could Astros/Rangers take over the #3 spot? Especially if we meet in the playoffs a couple of times..
Mr.Bond
AG
South Platte said:

tjack16 said:

So why is this replica ring a thing? Do you wear it to work? Wear it in public or to an Astros game? No trash talking, just curious.

I totally understand why you would have no idea what a fan would do with a World Series ring
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

gigem1223
tjack16 said:

If both teams continue to be playoff caliber for the foreseeable future, so 4-6 years. Could this become one of the top 3 rivalries in baseball?

I dont think it'll ever pass Yankees/Red Sox or Cubs/Cardinals… but could Astros/Rangers take over the #3 spot? Especially if we meet in the playoffs a couple of times..

For it to become a national rivalry they'll have to meet in the playoffs a few times. Regular season is heated but only in Texas.
Mr.Bond
AG
tjack16 said:

Dodgers giants is great. But I would love nothing more than Texas and Houston to become a great rivalry on a national level
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Marvin
AG
tjack16 said:

I don't see it. Location and tradition say nope, but maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe if there's some bad blood and we get a Jankowski-Stanek throwdown with the locks flying everywhere... haha.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Marvin
AG
South Platte said:

Farmer1906 said:

This man is correct. Y'all better add Ohtani and more at the deadline because the window that is barely cracked open will be closed by 2025.

Thanks, but you're not a GM. Neither is your liberal simp friend. Come on man, don't bring a guy like that into the conversation.

Who is he? Never heard of him.
South Platte
tjack16 said:

Between the fan bases, yes. It's already way past any rivalry Texas had with other AL West teams or MLB brass Red Sox/Yankees. Not sure about Astros' fans views toward LAD, STL, CHC, NYM etc.

Nationally? I doubt it. Neither franchise carries a presence outside of Texas. If we have a handful of memorable playoff matchups it would really help.
tjack16
AG
Mr.Bond said:

tjack16 said:

Dodgers giants is great. But I would love nothing more than Texas and Houston to become a great rivalry on a national level

Dodgers/Giants… knew I was forgetting one.

I think Astros vs Rangers right now is comparable to A&M/LSU football. Or A&M/Arkansas
South Platte
Mr.Bond said:

South Platte said:

tjack16 said:

I totally understand why you would have no idea what a fan would do with a World Series ring
I have several conference/national championship rings that were given to me as gifts. Never worn them. They sit in a ring box in my bedroom collecting dust.
Marvin
AG
Mine collect dust also.
Farmer1906
AG
Do you drink out of that bat mug? I've always wondered if people actually use the.
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Do you drink out of that bat mug? I've always wondered if people actually use the.

No, just went on the shelf after my daughter gave it to me as a birthday gift. There's a matching wooden shot glass in there somewhere as well.
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I might start collecting Ranger tears in it, though…
tjack16
AG
I have one and drink out of it on occasion… but it's not very practical. Probably better for just display
South Platte
Without sounds racist, who's the bobblehead of the really really really black guy?
Farmer1906
AG
Looks like Yordan holding up the ALCS trophy from 2021.
South Platte
Farmer1906 said:

Looks like Yordan holding up the ALCS trophy from 2021.
Ah, ok. Why they gotta give him such white teeth? I mean what year are we in ????
tjack16
AG

It'll be a crazy atmosphere tonight! I'm thinking similar type of game to the series opener Monday
3B Paul 97
AG
South Platte said:

tjack16 said:

Between the fan bases, yes. It's already way past any rivalry Texas had with other AL West teams or MLB brass Red Sox/Yankees. Not sure about Astros' fans views toward LAD, STL, CHC, NYM etc.

Nationally? I doubt it. Neither franchise carries a presence outside of Texas. If we have a handful of memorable playoff matchups it would really help.

I agree this might not get National, but definitely Regional. It would take a couple of playoff series against each other to get more of a National appeal. Even then, it would be more like Rockets/Spurs.

For me, the hate is more with Dodgers/Yankees/Mets due to some of the past series, but also driven by their dumbass fanbases.

While we had some good battles with STL, they have a good fan base and so not much on hate.

I enjoy talking trash about Rangers, but fans on here are Aggies too.
Marvin
AG
About that whole "can it be a series of national interest" discussion from earlier. It might be heading that way!
Mr Gigem
AG
Benches need to clear this game. Nothing crazy that results in suspensions, though.
Farmer1906
AG
Altuve just tried to impale someone. Does that count?
South Platte
Mr Gigem said:

Benches need to clear this game. Nothing crazy that results in suspensions, though.

Nonsense. I want a Pedro - Don zimmer. Let's go for 100 million YouTube views.
Wabs
AG
Do the Arlingtons always whine this much? I would say act like you've been there before but.
tjack16
AG
If Framber didn't get taken out I think benches were going to clear. If he did hit Semien on purpose then he's astronomically stupid…. Don't think he did but who knows
Mr Gigem
AG
Wabs said:

Do the Arlingtons always whine this much? I would say act like you've been there before but.

Shut up *****
Marvin
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Wabs said:

Shut up *****

Come on, don't let it get to you like that. Even we are pissed at Framber tonight.
Mr Gigem
AG
Wabs
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Wabs said:

Shut up *****

Ahh…..cute.
Mose Schrute
AG
Defend that sh** rangers fans

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.