***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

295,741 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by petebaker
fullback44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jet Black said:

If you don't win the World Series it isn't a great run.

4 World Series in 6 years and winning 2 of them is great run.

This is the truth … Astros run in 4 or the last 6 years is amazing .. and this isn't boating either …. This is laying it all out on the field .. similar run as the Braves in the 90s …
fullback44
AG
gigem1223 said:

Jet Black said:

Enjoy first while you can.

Been hearing that for 2 months now

As a Stros fan, I can tell you it will be very very hard to get back into the lead without some of our pitchers making it back, we are missing some of our top pitchers, not sure how we have stayed this close besides batting and a monster pen .. it will be tough to keep this up unless we can add a pitcher or 2
HarryRocket
I've always found the rangers rivalry pathetic tbh. It's why I was so pissed we got forced to the AL. We had good rivalries with historic teams .I'm still mad about the reds hitting the pad off of bagwells's hand. Still don't like Jim Edmonds.

So the big sell to the AL was the Rangers??

We got hosed. It's still annoys me even though we've had success in the AL.
Grapesoda2525
Beat40 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Yes…. You guys were missing Yordan, but you guys also got lucky that Duran was going thru his first slump of the year. He's been hitting the cover off the ball all season, but he didn't get any hits in this series. That won't happen again in the next 2 series with you guys.

Your only reliable pitcher is an obese lard who hurt his ankle on the steps of the dugout. Javier looks really shaky and nobody else is really a stud or reasonably reliable in any way. You guys also don't have the farm assets that other teams want to acquire the kind of help you need.

We have 2 terrible opponents before the all star break to take out our frustrations from this series on. We'll still be in first when the all star break gets here. We'll regroup and be just fine. You guys got us this time, but we'll be back and we'll see what happens in the second half.

This is a pretty good one. You hope this is just a slump for Duran. Could also be a regression then you gotta hope Heim and Tevaras keep up their career years too and don't regress.

Framber He's more than just reliable. Many Astros fans will agree with you on Javier. Not a clue what's up with him. Who knows if France will keep this up or not, but he's been pretty damn reliable. Brown too. I think most Astro fans would admit to being a little nervous relying on some young arms and how their second half goes. Could all go wrong for sure.

Just take a look a the July schedules for both teams. Plenty of time for you guys to slip right back into 2nd place. This Astros team has gone through so much more adversity than your Ranger team and is hanging around.

I'm looking forward to this second half. I still think there are lots of questions on both sides and I think it's going to be a fun finish.
Duran has had great games in yankee stadium and at Tropicana field. I think the kid has been tested more than enough already. He probably should've been in consideration for an all star reserve spot. Even if he does regress, there's a lot of room for him to regress considering .700 OPS is standard for a mlb regular. Not comparing him to Yordan, just saying he wasn't really a part of this series and he's kind of been the secret sauce to the bottom of our batting lineups success.

At least we get the dodgers and rays at home in July. Much more manageable. Both rangers and Astros have easy schedules left overall.
HarryRocket
Except he actually was a part of the series.

What a weird take.

This series the Rangers pretended it was the playoffs; sorry your boy sucked
LarryElder
Start canceling those subs whiny rangerette fans lol
Bob Lee
AG
HarryRocket said:

I've always found the rangers rivalry pathetic tbh. It's why I was so pissed we got forced to the AL. We had good rivalries with historic teams .I'm still mad about the reds hitting the pad off of bagwells's hand. Still don't like Jim Edmonds.

2 championships and 4 pennants kind of eases the sting of not being able to play the reds and pirates as much though, right?

I felt the same way when it happened. I'm completely over it now.
HarryRocket
It helps but it still sucks. I get angry every time they have a late west coast game.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
definitely preferred the NL, the Euless rivalry was nothing then, give me the cubs, cardinals, brewers and reds

the rangers were always my 2nd team growing up and the fire still isn't really there, if we went back to the NL or even the AL central Rangers could be rooted for, my most hated teams are the Yanks, the Dodgers, the red sox the braves and the cardinals
Prosperdick
AG
Bob Lee said:

HarryRocket said:

2 championships and 4 pennants kind of eases the sting of not being able to play the reds and pirates as much though, right?

I felt the same way when it happened. I'm completely over it now.
I'm completely over it and have LOVED making the Yankees our ***** the last 8 years...starting all the way back in 2015, the first of many enjoyable moments of ending their season.
zoneag
Grapesoda2525 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Yes…. You guys were missing Yordan, but you guys also got lucky that Duran was going thru his first slump of the year. He's been hitting the cover off the ball all season, but he didn't get any hits in this series. That won't happen again in the next 2 series with you guys.

Your only reliable pitcher is an obese lard who hurt his ankle on the steps of the dugout. Javier looks really shaky and nobody else is really a stud or reasonably reliable in any way. You guys also don't have the farm assets that other teams want to acquire the kind of help you need.

We have 2 terrible opponents before the all star break to take out our frustrations from this series on. We'll still be in first when the all star break gets here. We'll regroup and be just fine. You guys got us this time, but we'll be back and we'll see what happens in the second half.

The amount of wishful thinking and hoping in this warms my heart.

I'm going to quote it now for fun bumps later on.
I'll give you a chest bump when we're still in first place at the all star break. Just let me know where to meet.
Is there room in Globe Life for the "2023 all-star break division leader" banner that you Arlington fans seem so eager to hang?
gigem1223
**edit** misread. Nvm
dixichkn
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

definitely preferred the NL, the Euless rivalry was nothing then, give me the cubs, cardinals, brewers and reds

the rangers were always my 2nd team growing up and the fire still isn't really there, if we went back to the NL or even the AL central Rangers could be rooted for, my most hated teams are the Yanks, the Dodgers, the red sox the braves and the cardinals
Sub the Cubs for the Cards and I'm right there with ya
South Platte
Whew. Heck of a series. All of them were well played and tight games. Congrats to the Astros for that series win. Lots of baseball left.

Timely hitting from the bottom of the order, and very impressive work from Pressley. Our bullpen got touched up in every game. The biggest surprise to me was that we couldn't hit Dubin. And that Perez and Javier were throwing BP.

Marvin
AG
South Platte said:

Whew. Heck of a series. All of them were well played and tight games. Congrats to the Astros for that series win. Lots of baseball left.

Timely hitting from the bottom of the order, and very impressive work from Pressley. Our bullpen got touched up in every game. The biggest surprise to me was that we couldn't hit Dubin. And that Perez and Javier were throwing BP.

Agreed.
And the guys on the field seem to get along much better than us on this board. That always makes me chuckle.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
tjack16
AG

Silent For Too Long
Ya'll better get that "won the first half of the season" and "omg the all stars" parade on soon. It's gonna feel bitter sweet in a couple weeks.
gigem1223
tjack16 said:

I was hoping y'all would post something. Cuz this worked so well last time.
Silent For Too Long
We've been posting since Friday and closed the gap by 3 games in the tome period?
gigem1223
Silent For Too Long said:

We've been posting since Friday and closed the gap by 3 games in the tome period?

Go read the first page of this thread. You know the last time y'all got within a few games of first and decided to start popping off. Worked out real well.
Farmer1906
AG
In 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months. It's a matter of when, not if.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/mlb-mascot-rankings-best-worst?csp=trueanthem&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

just another area of dominance
TX_Aggie37
AG
The Astros have always been my second favorite team (to the Rangers). I enjoy watching good baseball and after a stretch of God awful baseball, the last 8-10 years have been pretty great from the Astros.

Some of you Astros fans are worse than Texas fans.

Astros are hot right now and the Rangers have been about as cold as they can get since June 1. I suspect that'll flip back and forth a few times before the season is over. Both teams are playoff teams based on what we've seen so far.
tjack16
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

The Astros have always been my second favorite team (to the Rangers). I enjoy watching good baseball and after a stretch of God awful baseball, the last 8-10 years have been pretty great from the Astros.

Astros are hot right now and the Rangers have been about as cold as they can get since June 1. I suspect that'll flip back and forth a few times before the season is over. Both teams are playoff teams based on what we've seen so far.

Just imagine how crazy it'll be on here if we face each other in the playoffs
Marvin
AG
gigem1223 said:

Go read the first page of this thread. You know the last time y'all got within a few games of first and decided to start popping off. Worked out real well.

My rule of thumb is to talk loud and early when your team is bad, because that's the only chance you will get. With a good team, maybe temper it until after the dust has settled so that you aren't standing naked in a crowd if the team stumbles.

My fellow Astro buddies do not share this sentiment, haha.
Prosperdick
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

Give me a break. If Ranger fans weren't so obnoxious with their early success this year I guarantee there wouldn't be THIS level of chirping from Astro fans. Plus two titles and 5 pennants in the last 6 years TRUMPS anything the sips have done in the last 20+ years.

Act like you're been there before but they can't help it. Perhaps it's because they know this early success could be fleeting and they want to puff out their bird chests as much as possible now.
Legal Custodian
AG
Prosperdick said:

TX_Aggie37 said:

Give me a break. If Ranger fans weren't so obnoxious with their early success this year I guarantee there wouldn't be THIS level of chirping from Astro fans.
Are you kidding me? The entire first page is Astros fans starting this thread and then initializing discussion back in late May for a 3 day period. Then not another post was made until the latest series.

Where is all this obnoxious talk? Sounds to me that you've created this narrative in your head because you're butt hurt you're in second place.
TX_Aggie37
AG
I'm new to the dumpster fire that is Rangers vs Astros TexAgs, so I won't argue with you haha. Both teams are really talented. Will be a fun second half.
Prosperdick
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Prosperdick said:

TX_Aggie37 said:

Give me a break. If Ranger fans weren't so obnoxious with their early success this year I guarantee there wouldn't be THIS level of chirping from Astro fans.
Are you kidding me? The entire first page is Astros fans starting this thread and then initializing discussion back in late May for a 3 day period. Then not another post was made until the latest series.

Where is all this obnoxious talk? Sounds to me that you've created this narrative in your head because you're butt hurt you're in second place.
Nope...I wasn't talking about this thread and I'm happy we're in 2nd place after losing Altuve for 2 months, 3/5th of our starting rotation out for almost the entire first half of the season, our best hitter out for about half of it, our biggest FA pick-up batting WORSE than a pitcher for the first 2.5 months, and one of our top relievers pitching like a gas can.

All that and only 2 games out of first, sign me the **** up buttercup.
gigem1223
Prosperdick said:

Legal Custodian said:

Prosperdick said:

TX_Aggie37 said:

Nope...I wasn't talking about this thread and I'm happy we're in 2nd place after losing Altuve for 2 months, 3/5th of our starting rotation out for almost the entire first half of the season, our best hitter out for about half of it, our biggest FA pick-up batting WORSE than a pitcher for the first 2.5 months, and one of our top relievers pitching like a gas can.

All that and only 2 games out of first, sign me the **** up buttercup.

Cool. So you made up the obnoxious Ranger's fan part like the guy said.
Silent For Too Long
Oh, yall have been talking plenty of ***** You just try to do it behind our backs cause that's what *****es do.
gigem1223

Oh, yall have been talking plenty of ***** You just try to do it behind our backs cause that's what *****es do.

So not only do y'all make stuff up in your head but y'all also stalk the Rangers thread. Makes sense. The only obnoxious **** on this thread is coming from Astros fans.
Silent For Too Long
It's literally titled "trash talking thread," mensa.

So am I making it up or did I read it "stalking" your thread? Pick a path. Be consistent.
Marvin
AG
gigem1223 said:

So not only do y'all make stuff up in your head but y'all also stalk the Rangers thread. Makes sense. The only obnoxious **** on this thread is coming from Astros fans.

Yeah, no Ranger fans stalk the Astros thread... ever... even though you have posters comment almost daily.

So, just to recap, you don't care about the Astros... even though you are posting about the Astros on a trash talking thread that you voluntarily opened and responded to. So who is it being obnoxious? Haha.
gigem1223
Marvin said:

gigem1223 said:

Yeah, no Ranger fans stalk the Astros thread... ever... even though you have posters comment almost daily.

So, just to recap, you don't care about the Astros... even though you are posting about the Astros on a trash talking thread that you voluntarily opened and responded to. So who is it being obnoxious? Haha.

I never said any of that? What is it with you guys making **** up? I was responding to the Astro fan saying Ranger's fan have been obnoxious the first half of the season. When that was proven false y'all now are moving the goal posts.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.