***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

257,729 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by petebaker
gigem1223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jet Black said:

Enjoy first while you can.

Been hearing that for 2 months now
Legal Custodian
AG
Jet Black said:

Got out winning 3 out of 4 and shaving 2 games off the lead. Enjoy first while you can.
Thanks! Been enjoying it for the better part of 3 months now
Beat40
gigem1223 said:

Prosperdick said:

gigem1223 said:

Silent For Too Long said:

It all seriousness, you guys have put together one hell of a lineup.

If you could find some legit pitching you might be able to challenge Big Bro someday.

See you after the All Star break. Hope ya'll rest up.

That's big talk from a team that's still 3 games back and battling their own pitching issues. Good series.
Without our biggest bat and pitching two AAA pitchers against y'all and still take 3 of 4. Enjoy the All-Star game!

Weird how the rangers took 2 of 3 in houston against your top 3 with your biggest bat. I expect both GMs to address some things at the deadline. Neither of these teams are going anywhere from what I can tell. Should be a fun 2nd half.

No Altuve, slow start Bregman, slow start Tucker, slow start Abreu.

But yeah, you did light up the Astros top starters.

Rangers haven't even faced a full strength Astros team yet.

I honestly feel for y'all losing DeGrom. I feel really bad for that guy. However, can't believe y'all signed him to that deal with his history injury.
Beat40
Legal Custodian said:

Jet Black said:

Got out winning 3 out of 4 and shaving 2 games off the lead. Enjoy first while you can.
Thanks! Been enjoying it for the better part of 3 months now

Better hope you still have the lead by the ASB, because looking at the schedules for both teams after the ASB, well…
fullback44
AG
It's pretty bad when a Astros team depleted of starting pitchers due to injuries rolls in and takes 3 of 4 games .. I hate to see that series when the Astros starting pitchers get back …

I honestly didn't think the Stros would take a series against a team like Texas with the mess our rotation is in right now

But it was a close series .. Dusty pulled just enough strings to limp through 4-5 innings each game until we could get to our pen
Legal Custodian
AG
Glad you clarified through your edit cause that was some terrible trash talk
Legal Custodian
AG
June 3rd the Rangers had a 2.5 game lead. Fast forward a month and poor play by the Rangers, y'all have closed it to 3 games. Congrats!
Silent For Too Long
Not sure what point you think you are making. Everyone here knows the butt clinching in Arlington is set to 11.
Cheo
Daddy with the W today
gigem1223
Beat40 said:

gigem1223 said:

Prosperdick said:

gigem1223 said:

If you could find some legit pitching you might be able to challenge Big Bro someday.

That's big talk from a team that's still 3 games back and battling their own pitching issues. Good series.
Without our biggest bat and pitching two AAA pitchers against y'all and still take 3 of 4. Enjoy the All-Star game!

Weird how the rangers took 2 of 3 in houston against your top 3 with your biggest bat. I expect both GMs to address some things at the deadline. Neither of these teams are going anywhere from what I can tell. Should be a fun 2nd half.

I honestly feel for y'all losing DeGrom. I feel really bad for that guy. However, can't believe y'all signed him to that deal with his history injury.

Ok and we didn't have Seager the first go round… sorry your team is getting old and becoming injury prone.
Beat40
Legal Custodian said:

Glad you clarified through your edit cause that was some terrible trash talk

Fine. Better hope you still have the lead by the ASB.

Nice screenshot, by the way. Pretty cool.

Oh, and hope some guys' career years don't start to regress.

Going to be a fun second half of the season for both the Astros and Rangers.
Prosperdick
AG
Legal Custodian said:

June 3rd the Rangers had a 2.5 game lead. Fast forward a month and poor play by the Rangers, y'all have closed it to 3 games. Congrats!

You've got FOUR starting all-stars! You've got career years up and down the lineup while we've lost a TON of starting pitching, Altuve out the first two months with Abreu hitting like a pitcher during that time, and after all that crap you have a measly 3 game lead. Congrats???
Farmer1906
AG
Is reality setting in?

3-7 in the last 10.

I guess what they say it's true. You can't win the division in July.
Beat40
gigem1223 said:

Beat40 said:

gigem1223 said:

Prosperdick said:

gigem1223 said:

Ok and we didn't have Seager the first go round… sorry your team is getting old and becoming injury prone.

I feel bad you guys have had to deal with 2 whole injuries. So much adversity.
Beat40
On a serious note, this thread is much more fun when both teams are good.
gigem1223
Prosperdick said:

Legal Custodian said:

You've got FOUR starting all-stars! You've got career years up and down the lineup while we've lost a TON of starting pitching, Altuve out the first two months with Abreu hitting like a pitcher during that time, and after all that crap you have a measly 3 game lead. Congrats???

Despite the talent Texas has its flaws. Its biggest is obviously the bullpen. As far as the all stars having "career years", 1 is a rookie, wouldn't call that a "career year" yet. Seager has always been an elite hitter, the ban on the shift has helped. Semien is a pro and has been an elite 2nd baseman for a few years now, wouldn't call this his career year, more of him in his prime. Heim has taken the next step in his career and entering into his prime. Anyone who paid attention last season could see this coming though. Duran and Taveras will be next year.

Again, sorry we have a more talent than you.
Farmer1906
AG
gigem1223 said:

Prosperdick said:

Legal Custodian said:

Despite the talent Texas has its flaws. Its biggest is obviously the bullpen. As far as the all stars having "career years", 1 is a rookie, wouldn't call that a "career year" yet. Seager has always been an elite hitter, the ban on the shift has helped. Semien is a pro and has been an elite 2nd baseman for a few years now, wouldn't call this his career year, more of him in his prime. Heim has taken the next step in his career and entering into his prime. Anyone who paid attention last season could see this coming though. Duran and Taveras will be next year.

Yet literally no one predicted it. Weird.

Please note it's a half season.
gigem1223
Farmer1906 said:

Is reality setting in?

3-7 in the last 10.

And the Astros are 11-14 in their last 25? What's your point?
gigem1223
Beat40 said:

gigem1223 said:

Beat40 said:

gigem1223 said:

Prosperdick said:

gigem1223 said:

Again, sorry you have an aging roster and brass that doesn't know how to manage it.
Farmer1906
AG
gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Is reality setting in?

3-7 in the last 10.

I thought that was fairly obvious. You're not as good as your start. You're on a downward trend. You just lost a very important 4 game series.
Beat40
gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Is reality setting in?

3-7 in the last 10.

Well, the Rangers did that with a full offense and the Astros did that without their best hitter and Altuve sporadically playing in June due to minor injuries.
Beat40
gigem1223 said:

Beat40 said:

gigem1223 said:

Beat40 said:

gigem1223 said:

Prosperdick said:

gigem1223 said:

Again, sorry you have an aging roster and brass that doesn't know how to manage it.

Uh huh.
Prosperdick
AG
Farmer1906 said:

gigem1223 said:

Prosperdick said:

Legal Custodian said:

Yet literally no one predicted it. Weird.

Please note it's a half season.

Anyone who paid attention last year saw the Astros win the World Series with the best bullpen in baseball and one of the best hitters in baseball, who didn't even play this series.
gigem1223
Farmer1906 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Is reality setting in?

3-7 in the last 10.

I thought that was fairly obvious. You're not as good as your start. You're on a downward trend. You just lost a very important 4 game series.

Well no **** Sherlock. The point is the Astros have too. Y'all made up zero ground in a month where the rangers struggled. A lot of those losses are due to them leaving an ungodly amount of runs on the bases. They'll get hot again. Better hope your Astros can keep up.
Farmer1906
AG
gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Is reality setting in?

3-7 in the last 10.

Well no **** Sherlock. The point is the Astros have too. Y'all made up zero ground in a month where the rangers struggled. A lot of those losses are due to them leaving an ungodly amount of runs on the bases. They'll get hot again. Better hope your Astros can keep up.

Here is where you run into problems. "They'll get hot again". And if they don't? If they don't have an extended statically anomaly of BABIP & RISP. Then what?
Beat40
gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Is reality setting in?

3-7 in the last 10.

And you better hope your offense doesn't regress in the second half.
Prosperdick
AG
Beat40 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Is reality setting in?

3-7 in the last 10.

In his world, pitchers never make adjustments on their approach to hitters. Heck, look at Peña for us, MVP of the ALCS and World Series (those are games played after the season Rangerettes) and now he gets a steady diet of sliders that he needs to stop chasing.

Baseball is a game of adjustments, something that Arlington fan will soon learn. Just ask the Yankees after their first half last season.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Astros have held first in the division and the AL for the better part of 6 years and the entire MLB for some it
gigem1223
Beat40 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Is reality setting in?

3-7 in the last 10.

Honest question. You guys really think your pitching will keep this up? Framber and Javier have been shakey lately and you wanna talk about career years and over performers? Let's looks at your 3-5.
gigem1223
Prosperdick said:

Beat40 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Is reality setting in?

3-7 in the last 10.

In his world, pitchers never make adjustments on their approach to hitters. Heck, look at Peña for us, MVP of the ALCS and World Series (those are games played after the season Rangerettes) and now he gets a steady diet of sliders that he needs to stop chasing.

Baseball is a game of adjustments, something that Arlington fan will soon learn. Just ask the Yankees after their first half last season.

This kind of talk is why people can't stand Astro fans. You act like the Rangers haven't been there and like y'all are baseball royalty. Did the Rangers win it all? …no. But they sure as hell had a great run for the better part of a decade.

News flash. Hitters adjust too,
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
tjack16
AG
gigem1223 said:

Beat40 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Is reality setting in?

3-7 in the last 10.

Honest question. You guys really think your pitching will keep this up? Framber and Javier have been shakey lately and you wanna talk about career years and over performers? Let's looks at your 3-5.

It's a fair question. However the Astros have proven since about 2020 that our scouting team is really good. Guys like Framber, Javier, Jose Urquidy, Luis Garcia, Chas McCormick, and even Jeremy Pena went pretty much unnoticed by many of the "prospect ranking" people. And they have gone on to be really good. The Astros have done a really good job in the international signings and development of draft picks.

I think Hunter Brown will prove to be really good, and JP France will likely be a solid #4 or 5 option.

The Astros rotation will likely look like this after the deadline, plus Urquidy will be back in August

1. Framber
2. - trade acquisition -
3. Javier
4. Brown
5. France
Farmer1906
AG
gigem1223 said:

Prosperdick said:

Beat40 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Is reality setting in?

3-7 in the last 10.

This kind of talk is why people can't stand Astro fans. You act like the Rangers haven't been there and like y'all are baseball royalty. Did the Rangers win it all? …no. But they sure as hell had a great run for the better part of a decade.

"Hell of a run"

WS
WS
WC
Missed postseason
Missed postseason
DS
DS

We must be royalty if that's what we're being compared to.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
gigem1223 said:

Prosperdick said:

Beat40 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Is reality setting in?

3-7 in the last 10.

tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

gigem1223 said:

Prosperdick said:

Beat40 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Is reality setting in?

3-7 in the last 10.

"Hell of a run"

WS
WS
WC
Missed postseason
Missed postseason
DS
DS

We must be royalty if that's what we're being compared to.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.