Astros offseason thread

350,817 Views | 2990 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by spadilly
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
friscodick said:

irish pete ag06 said:

friscodick said:

mwm said:

Have the rangerettes ever been invited to the WH?
Kilgore ones...maybe
They perform in the Black tie & Boots Ball during every inauguration. W had them up on stage with him along with the Ross Volunteer and the sip Band.

I was actually with my college roommate in DC who was there with his girlfriend who was captain of the Rangerettes. His girlfriend's brother couldn't go, so her family asked me if I wanted to go (we've known each other for a long time) in his place. I thought... 5 days in DC with all the Rangerettes. I'm single. Hell yes.

Ended up working out. Met my wife.

We have rules!

Ha. I've complied a long time ago. She was a Rangerette with Julia Morales.
DVC2010
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

friscodick said:

irish pete ag06 said:

friscodick said:

mwm said:

Have the rangerettes ever been invited to the WH?
Kilgore ones...maybe
They perform in the Black tie & Boots Ball during every inauguration. W had them up on stage with him along with the Ross Volunteer and the sip Band.

I was actually with my college roommate in DC who was there with his girlfriend who was captain of the Rangerettes. His girlfriend's brother couldn't go, so her family asked me if I wanted to go (we've known each other for a long time) in his place. I thought... 5 days in DC with all the Rangerettes. I'm single. Hell yes.

Ended up working out. Met my wife.

We have rules!

Ha. I've complied a long time ago. She was a Rangerette with Julia Morales.

Oh come on! Two violations in one morning?
irish pete ag06
AG
I never took the picture down. It's in here somewhere.
Ag_07
AG
Check in here...Yep still the offseason.
CFTXAG10
AG
k20dub
AG
Thriller
AG
That's a great statement. Political without getting political.
The Lost
gougler08
AG
Altuve just has a resting ***** face
astros4545
Farmer1906
AG
Resting batting title face IMO
astros4545
AG
Wow
Old news, but bad video
Rangers probably looking into signing him due to high contact rate

https://bustedcoverage.com/2018/03/14/danry-vasquez-video-domestic-violence-girlfriend-baseball/
maca1028
astros4545 said:

Wow
Old news, but bad video

https://bustedcoverage.com/2018/03/14/danry-vasquez-video-domestic-violence-girlfriend-baseball/

There's a special place for **** strains like that.
irish pete ag06
AG
maca1028 said:

astros4545 said:

Wow
Old news, but bad video

Dude deserves to have his scrawny ass back handed til he's spitting a few teeth.
Ag_07
AG
maca1028 said:

astros4545 said:

Wow
Old news, but bad video

Yeah well apparently it's not jail since the charges were dismissed per his plea deal.

I'm not sure if the video was shown to the court, but how that happens is a failure of the system.
AstroAggie15
AG
Just glad he's no longer in the organization
AgDC
MelvinUdall
astros4545 said:

Wow
Old news, but bad video

MLB needs to ban him from baseball, that is awful. If I was that Woman's father I was find him and kick his a**.
Mathguy64
AG
The way she reacts that's not the first time he slapped and beat the crap out of her. She just stands there putting her glasses back on after he whacks her. When he went back up in the garage she just waited on him.

Dude needs a prison beat down.
rosco511
AG
That is just a sickening and terrible video, and as mentioned, you could tell by her reaction that she was used to this type of behavior. I would like to see him locked in a room with Gattis, McCann, and Giles and see how he enjoys getting his ass kicked.
Pahdz
that's really well done, dude must have spent hours studying Joey Crawford lol
CreedBratton
rosco511 said:

That is just a sickening and terrible video, and as mentioned, you could tell by her reaction that she was used to this type of behavior. I would like to see him locked in a room with Gattis, McCann, and Giles and see how he enjoys getting his ass kicked.

Maybe take a few Giles, JV and McCullers fastballs to the teeth while they're at it
Beau Bevers
AG
AgDC said:

Vogt is good people.
Mathguy64
AG
Indirectly good guys off-season news.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/22766672/aaron-judge-new-york-yankees-attempts-woo-baltimore-orioles-ss-future-free-agent-manny-machado

Yankees wonderboy tampers with Stanton last year and MLB does nothing. So he doubles down and does it again with Machado this year. And now MLB is mad. They might actually fine the Yankees and box of balls and 10 bags of sunflower seeds.
Agnzona
I'm already tired of Judge. I really hope he has a sophomore slump and bats 2:15. Otherwise its going to be insufferable.
Bulldog73
AG
Sadly, it'll be insufferable either way. Either they'll be rating him as the best hitter of this generation, or every segment is going to be the "what's wrong with Judge" special. I know it's not him, but this page needs this GIF.

CFTXAG10
AG
I actually like Judge when he isn't playing the Stros. Seems like a decent guy. The media coverage that surrounds him is what tends to be unbearable.
iBrad
AG
Yeah, by all accounts, Judge is a pretty good guy. I thought he did a good job last year of handling his regular season success and post season futility, as well as all the media attention he receives. It's easy to be in the spotlight when you're having success, but can really wear on you when you're struggling.

This year will be really telling for him. After what we saw in the playoffs, I think his numbers will dip. He'll still probably hit 40+ home runs because the ball is juiced and he plays in Yankee Stadium, and he'll still strike out a ton, but I expect his average to drop to the .260-70 range.

As much hype as Judge and Stanton get, if I could have any of the Yankees, I'd take Gary Sanchez and make him my DH and backup catcher. Don't be shocked if he outperforms both at the plate this year.
Ag_07
AG
I think the playoffs really exposed Judge.

I expect him to be pitched like we did in the ALCS and see an insane amount of curveballs. If he can adjust he'll be really really dangerous, but until then he'll feast on mistakes but otherwise look overmatched.
zgood10
AG
Opening Day is two weeks away
shano0603
AG
Ag_07 said:

I think the playoffs really exposed Judge.

I expect him to be pitched like we did in the ALCS and see an insane amount of curveballs. If he can adjust he'll be really really dangerous, but until then he'll feast on mistakes but otherwise look overmatched.

Kind of like Bellinger and that inside pitch
Farmer1906
AG
Even with all the Ks he still had a pretty damn good series vs us.
Ag_07
AG
Yeah he came on towards the end to make it a good series, but I think that was feasting on mistakes. Granted that's what good hitters do.

And I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that. He'll just be the prototypical all or nothing player. K or HR

He'll put up good numbers, but don't think we'll see the crazy numbers he was putting up during the first half of last year.
BMX Bandit
Judge struggled most of second half. And not just on curve ball. Fastballs high & fastballs outside killed him
W
AG
does Vegas have an O/U for combined Stanton & Judge home runs?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.