Astros offseason thread

338,754 Views | 2990 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by spadilly
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

Anyone happen to catch this tweet by Jose de Jesus regarding the Cards signing of Bud Norris?

Thought that was interesting.

Former comical writer. Him and Jerome Solomon hated Bud Norris. If I was Bud I would just ignore him and not give him the attention he's seeking.

Pahdz
Jose and his El Tri loving ass can get bent. He's a good writer but let's personal things get to him too often it seems.
Farmer1906
AG

Read the replies.
byfLuger41
AG
El Tri
2017 World Series Champions - Houston Astros
byfLuger41
AG
gold
2017 World Series Champions - Houston Astros
Pahdz
The gif of Justin waving wins that entire thread
CFTXAG10
AG
gougler08
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

That doesn't seem terrible...get to hang out in Florida and I assume get paid to not really do anything today
gigemJTH12
AG
Its crazy that no one even talks about this game because of game 5. An all time World Series game in its own right.

Wabs
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Its crazy that no one even talks about this game because of game 5. An all time World Series game in its own right.

On Puig: "Like a little 3rd grader throwing a temper tantrum"
Deluxe
AG
I still can't believe that Bellinger shot stayed in the yard.

When he hit it, all I could think about was Scott Podsednik's walk off after we came from behind to tie game two against the White Sox.
Mathguy64
AG
Frazier's one armed shot in NY was way worse. Especially since everyone else that night hammered a ball to the same spot and no one else came close to getting it out.
Farmer1906
AG
Frazier, you say?

I can't hear/read his name and not immediately think of that swing.
tjack16
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

I told my brother after this game that it was the best World Series game that will get ignored because nobody remembers games 1-3 unless it's your team. But this game was so important.

If Marwin doesn't hit that homerun, we don't win the series
Farmer1906
AG
Hot take alert.

Game 2 > Game 5

or at a minimum, they're even.
Mr.Bond
AG

Damn, wrong emoticon!
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Mathguy64
AG
Game 2 was an amazing comeback.

Game 5 was two heavyweight fighters throwing punches at each others faces for 5 hours, having every punch land and neither guy getting knocked out. It was the most incredible thing I have ever seen on a baseball field. Maybe in all of sports.
tjack16
AG
I'd give the edge to Game 5. But game 2 has to be one of the all time best as well
Prosperdick
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Damn, wrong emoticon!
Not if you're a Yankees fan...
iBrad
AG

BTKAG97
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Read the replies.
The pissed off little girl gif is absolutely fantastic!
gigemJTH12
AG
is this hat for sale anywhere?

gigemJTH12
AG
just found it on fanatics. I dont like the florida patch on it. It looks like the regualr 59/50 has the patch but the low profile one doesnt.
Ag_07
AG
Guessing it's this one

2018 ST cap

Here's one without the patch

No patch
gigemJTH12
AG
I think I am going to get that low profile hat because I dont want the patch.

I just dont know what size to order I havent bought a fitted hat in like 10 years haha
CFTXAG10
AG
The MVP has arrived

AgDC
The Milkman
AG
While were on the topic of gear... any idea where I could find this hat? The finance really wants a hat like this and I cant seem to find much else thats even similar. This one is sold out everywhere online I look. "Astros Nike Heritage 86 Dri-Fit Adjustable Hat".

She wants mesh on the back half, with an adjustable strap. Open to other suggestions that fit the request too
Farmer1906
AG
https://www.etsy.com/listing/590644835/astros-inspired-throwback-stros-trucker?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_b-accessories-hats_and_caps-baseball_and_trucker_caps&utm_custom1=f1320abb-f614-4776-8ebd-63864a7412ef&gclid=Cj0KCQiA2Y_UBRCGARIsALglqQ1yRYhGI8Kcw8VgfTKpvGfhAqn-MMuGWcwJsjXD50nF-ibiVJdgZ0QaAn0uEALw_wcB

BowSowy
AG
Speaking of hats, I have been looking for one of the concept logo hats for a while now and randomly stumbled upon some for sale:

https://www.hatclub.com/collections/2017-champions/products/exclusive-new-era-houston-astros-concept-hat-2t-navy-orange

Mr.Bond
AG
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Bryan98
AG
I believe I've seen some mesh (trucker) Astros hats at Academy.
CFTXAG10
AG
I am kind of liking this new "Never Settle" campaign the Astros are pushing
DVC2010
AG
Can we have a password or secret handshake so it's easier to spot the tee shirt fans who will be swapping out their blue and red for orange?
gougler08
AG
DVC2010 said:

Can we have a password or secret handshake so it's easier to spot the tee shirt fans who will be swapping out their blue and red for orange?
Seeing as the Rockets are the #1 team in the NBA right now, the t-shirts probably won't show up in full force til mid season

(This being said as a complete t-shirt fan of the Rockets)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.