Astros offseason thread

350,808 Views | 2990 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by spadilly
Agnzona
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Everyone talks about the young Astros being good for a long time. It might be less meaningful if the Yankees and Dodgers are **** blocking....
irish pete ag06
AG
Agnzona said:

That's a valid point. But who might be available at that point vs now?

Don't know. If it's anything like the last market for hitters at the deadline, then they'll be dirt cheap.
irish pete ag06
AG
screw-tu
Yankees were great with their home grown players in the 90's. They have plenty of misses signing big money free agents. Let's hope this is one of them. Texeira and Giambi are 2 that come to mind that were nowhere near what you'd call good value for the money they forked out.
Not that this is a FA signing...but it's a lot of money to take on.
Ag_07
AG
Yanks realized they hired Aaron Boone and now they're just doing what they can to make him a nonfactor.
awall11
AG
Not that ESPN is all that great for baseball coverage anyways, but between Judge/Stanton and former employee Aaron Boone managing, the Yankee coverage will be unbearable...
coastalAg
AG
My Twitter TL basically unreadable from baseball writers nutting themselves over the Yankees lineup.

I would imagine everyone is going to put the Yankees as AL favorite going into next season now. Should make for some good bulletin board material.
Farmer1906
AG
Agnzona said:

Stanton to Yankees adds pressure to the Astros to get another bat also. I'd offer JD a large amount of cash for a 2-3 year deal.

Nope.

Offense is fine.

Stack up the bullpen.
W
AG
the Astros did quite well in the postseason against the hit-a-lot-of-home-runs, but strike-out-a-ton too players/teams
W
AG
in his 8-year career, Stanton has averaged 123 games played per season
Ag_07
AG
So how we're saying he's not that good? He's an absolute stud and the Yankees just got a A LOT better.

Their rotation is still a big question mark but that lineup is pretty stacked and they still have a stout BP. Naming them the favorites in the AL isn't a stretch.
Frok
AG
Maybe Stanton will accidently leave his Steroids in Miami.
iBrad
AG
Over/under that Judge and Stanton combine for 100 HRs?
maca1028
Finally got my 8 disc blu ray but buyer beware, what I got did not have the highlight disc, all it had was every game from the WS and game 7 from ALCS. Guess I didn't read the fine print when I bought it, I'll be heading to the local Walmart to buy the highlight Blu-ray later.
irish pete ag06
AG

Bregman is my fave, guys.
. . .
Beat40
Man, Bregs and LMJ are so fun. Always gotta chip on the shoulder.

Love that they keep their edge. Gonna need to keep the edge for next season. I wanna see them be bulldogs again next season.
astros4545
AG
Ag_07 said:

So how we're saying he's not that good? He's an absolute stud and the Yankees just got a A LOT better.

Their rotation is still a big question mark but that lineup is pretty stacked and they still have a stout BP. Naming them the favorites in the AL isn't a stretch.

We finished about 15 games ahead of them in the regular season, they will not be the favorites in Vegas

They also lost Starlin Castro in this trade
Mr.Bond
AG
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Mr.Bond
AG
Report: Cardinals agree to 2-year, $11M deal with Gregerson
https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1443386
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

MosesHallRAB04
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Good for the cardinals?
agdaddy04
AG
I guess they really did feel bad about all of that espionage
k20dub
AG
screw-tu
MosesHallRAB04 said:

Mr.Bond said:

Good for the cardinals?

Watch him kick ass now. Still don't know how Lidge had the year he had in Philadelphia
Mr.Bond
AG
He gone

MAGA

titanmaster_race
Screw Scott boras
W
AG
it will be interesting to see what the Astros do with Keuchel.

he will be 31 years old on opening day 2019. And he does have an injury history.

Started 26 games in 2016 and just 23 games in 2017.

the sticking point may not be the dollars, but how many years he wants. If it's more than 5 years, he's probably headed elsewhere
Mr.Bond
AG
His type if stuff seems to have longevity but I wouldn't break the bank for him in anyway

MAGA

Agnzona
31-36 is prime productivity for great pitchers.
Farmer1906
AG
Lester signed a 6 year 155 M deal at 30. Scherzer signed a 7 year 210 M deal at 31. Dallas is going to be in the same ballpark as these deals. Probably closer to Lester, but you never know.
redag06
15 or 10, same difference.

The Yankees got better and anyone on here that doesn't think the Yankees and Astros won't be in the alcs the next few years is a fool.
W
AG
so let's say the Astros sign Keuchel for 6 years at $25 MM per year...

will there be enough left to sign Altuve and Correa long term?

and any hope of retaining Springer?
titanmaster_race
If we can only keep 1 of keuchel and Springer, I hope we keep Springer

Hopefully we can keep both
Mr.Bond
AG
I honestly think we let Springer walk, assuming Kyle Tucker shows serious promise. I absolutely love george but he will be no spring chicken come free agency

MAGA

Mr.Bond
AG
Did I read correctly that George will be a 32 year old FA? Pass

MAGA

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.