Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

406,690 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TexasAggie008
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Carl Hungus said:

Keegan99 said:

I'm encouraging my parents to get vaccinated. But I don't need to get vaccinated. I've had COVID. My immune system has me covered, so it's not worth it to me.

Nor should any enterprise or government have access to my vaccination status. It's none of their business.

Same. Also weird that they never thought to have people show proof of being vaccinated against literally anything else, ever.
Not sure if serious.
Post removed:
by user
Ol Jock 99
AG
And yet going to school is the only thing you mentioned that is constitutionally protected in Texas.
Phat32
AG
Oh cool something isn't constitutionally protected. So I guess **** anyone who disagrees with it then.
Ol Jock 99
AG
That is exactly what I said! Wow, you're good at this game.
AggieFrog
AG
Keegan99 said:

I'm encouraging my parents to get vaccinated. But I don't need to get vaccinated. I've had COVID. My immune system has me covered, so it's not worth it to me.

Nor should any enterprise or government have access to my vaccination status. It's none of their business.

The recommendation is still to get the vaccine as a boost even if you've had it. No reason not to IMO as it becomes widely available. We will all likely need to get a yearly vaccination along with flu shots.
Post removed:
by user
Trucker 96
AggieFrog said:

Keegan99 said:

The recommendation is still to get the vaccine as a boost even if you've had it. No reason not to IMO as it becomes widely available. We will all likely need to get a yearly vaccination along with flu shots.

Unless you just trust your immune system to do what immune systems do. A UK study of 6600 covid infected healthcare workers found that 44 were "possibly" reinfected over the course of the next 6 months. 0.7%.

People need to make their own call. And the science does NOT support that the vaccine improves a previously infected person's immunity regardless of what the CDC is recommending.
TexasAggie008
AG
Hospitalizations below 200 for first time since last April or so ... and Clay still tweeting about how high the positivity rate is

Literally should be tried as a domestic terrorist
Ol Jock 99
AG
That isn't how it works Clay.
TexasAggie008
AG
If shouting fire in a crowded theatre isn't ok - then this isn't ... right?
YouBet
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

That isn't how it works Clay.

He's saying only 6.9% of symptomatic people actually have covid and that's high?

I'm confused.
Keegan99
AG
AggieFrog said:

Keegan99 said:

Recommendation by whom?

This Harvard Medical School Professor says otherwise:

And the reason not to? Why risk even one day of side effects when, again, I do not need it?
Credible Source
AG
double aught said:

Carl Hungus said:

Keegan99 said:

Same. Also weird that they never thought to have people show proof of being vaccinated against literally anything else, ever.
Not sure if serious.

Yes I'm serious, unless Wal Mart has been requiring vaccine proof to shop there and I didn't know it
AggieFrog
AG
Recommendation is by the CDC. And if we knew that all healthy younger folks would have mild cases, then yes, agreed that it could be a call either way. But I've known a few younger (30s) healthy folks who ended up in the hospital with it. No reason to roll the dice when the vaccine side effects are relatively mild.
Ol Jock 99
AG
The percent positive rate should be based on community testing, not testing of symptomatic people at the freaking hospital.

Per UTD's very good dashboard, Dallas County is under 5%. Which is good.
Credible Source
AG
If you haven't had Covid, you should get the vaccine. If you've had it already, there isn't any real reason too, but go for it if you want, I see no issues with either decision. I will get the vaccine eventually, when the four hour long lines are no longer full of old people who need it.
double aught
AG
Carl Hungus said:

double aught said:

Carl Hungus said:

Keegan99 said:

Not sure if serious.

Yes I'm serious, unless Wal Mart has been requiring vaccine proof to shop there and I didn't know it
I was referring to children and public schools.
riverrataggie
AG
Carl Hungus said:

If you haven't had Covid, you should get the vaccine. If you've had it already, there isn't any real reason too, but go for it if you want, I see no issues with either decision. I will get the vaccine eventually, when the four hour long lines are no longer full of old people who need it.

No more lines. Got my 1st shot today, late 30's without checking the boxes. The shot is being given to the masses now. I was in and out in 30 min with 15 of that waiting the 15 after to see if I turned into a zombie.
Post removed:
by user
Ol Jock 99
AG
Death is not the only negative outcome. I know more than a couple long-haulers in their 40s. Symptoms vary, but none are fun and some down right suck.
Post removed:
by user
Keegan99
AG
AggieFrog said:

Recommendation is by the CDC. And if we knew that all healthy younger folks would have mild cases, then yes, agreed that it could be a call either way. But I've known a few younger (30s) healthy folks who ended up in the hospital with it. No reason to roll the dice when the vaccine side effects are relatively mild.

The CDC was caught fibbing about that.

http://fullmeasure.news/news/cover-story/cdc-investigation

Quote:

An award-winning scientist himself, Massie quickly found that vaccine studies showed no benefit to people who've had coronavirus. Vaccination didn't change their odds of getting reinfected.

The controversy began when Massie noticed the CDC was claiming the exact opposite.

CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices had just issued a high profile report authored by 15 scientists. It wrongly claimed Pfizer's study proved the vaccine is highly effective or showed "Consistent high efficacy" for people who'd already had coronavirus"SARS-CoV-2."

Rep. Thomas Massie: It says the exact opposite of what the data says. They're giving people the impression that this vaccine will save your life, omr save you from suffering, even if you've already had the virus and recovered, which has not been demonstrated in either the Pfizer or the Moderna trial.

Rep. Massie has a BS and MS from MIT.

He's also had COVID and has elected to not get the vaccine because it's not necessary.
Credible Source
AG
double aught said:

Carl Hungus said:

double aught said:

Carl Hungus said:

Keegan99 said:

Not sure if serious.

I was referring to children and public schools.

But the article Keegan and I were discussing was Wal Mart employees and their digital vaccination passports
double aught
AG
I know. And I know there's a difference. But you used the phrase "never...literally anything else, ever". That obviously isn't the case. So obvious, that I thought you might have been hinting at the requirement for vaccines for public school.
tysker
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

And yet going to school is the only thing you mentioned that is constitutionally protected in Texas.

You mean mandated. Constitutionally mandated.
JDL 96
TxAgLaw03RW said:

*unless you're here illegally, then congregate en masse at the convention center
752bro4
AG

Vs.

Ol Jock 99
AG
Could always be worse I suppose. After canceling the Houston Ironman, Comrade Hidalgo took a photo of herself, unmasked, on Galveston beach. Which is in a different county. Harris County is also under STAY HOUSE STAY SAFE DON'T MOVE!

https://www.facebook.com/LinaHidalgoTX/posts/3351576091611577
Credible Source
AG
I just got back from Galveston and there is no masking anywhere and it's ****ing glorious. The whole state between Austin and Galveston was that way. I actually felt bad for the (mostly) masked Moms walking with unmasked families. Pretty dead give away about who has been driving the Covid fear and who is fed up with the bull*****
Phat32
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Could always be worse I suppose. After canceling the Houston Ironman, Comrade Hidalgo took a photo of herself, unmasked, on Galveston beach. Which is in a different county. Harris County is also under STAY HOUSE STAY SAFE DON'T MOVE!

https://www.facebook.com/LinaHidalgoTX/posts/3351576091611577

Lina and Clay better get the **** out next election cycle.
aggielostinETX
AG
Fish City Grill is no mask required
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
TexasAggie008
AG
https://www.dallascounty.org/Assets/uploads/docs/hhs/2019-nCoV/C-19-risklevelmgmt/032121-DallasCounty-COVID-19-Hospitalization-Data.pdf

Hospitalizations in Dallas county have been below 200 for 3 straight days - 184 is the latest total (page 6). The last time we had 3 sub-200 days in a row was sometime prior to June 1, 2020 (which is around when they started daily reporting of this)...Clay's little graph only goes back to July 24th - but you can see the plummet.

Daily ER visits are on page 4 (has had a high correlation to future hospitalizations coming down the pipe).....maybe even better news here - this chart goes back to March 16, so can see that the latest daily total of 271 visits (and the last week or so) is as good as its been since mid-April 2020.

...but alas, none of this matters - page 2 still shows us at "RED: STAY HOME STAY SAFE"
2wealfth Man
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

https://www.dallascounty.org/Assets/uploads/docs/hhs/2019-nCoV/C-19-risklevelmgmt/032121-DallasCounty-COVID-19-Hospitalization-Data.pdf

Hospitalizations in Dallas county have been below 200 for 3 straight days - 184 is the latest total (page 6). The last time we had 3 sub-200 days in a row was sometime prior to June 1, 2020 (which is around when they started daily reporting of this)...Clay's little graph only goes back to July 24th - but you can see the plummet.

Daily ER visits are on page 4 (has had a high correlation to future hospitalizations coming down the pipe).....maybe even better news here - this chart goes back to March 16, so can see that the latest daily total of 271 visits (and the last week or so) is as good as its been since mid-April 2020.

...but alas, none of this matters - page 2 still shows us at "RED: STAY HOME STAY SAFE"

You will stay home until you are told otherwise. I drove down I-45 last night and have never seen so much traffic. People are obviously ignoring these "warnings".
riverrataggie
AG
2wealfth Man said:

TexasAggie008 said:

You will stay home until you are told otherwise. I drove down I-45 last night and have never seen so much traffic. People are obviously ignoring these "warnings".

People were ignoring before the vaccine came out. The crap is bogus they continue to spew out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.