Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

406,706 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TexasAggie008
Phat32
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's a drinking game...

Your safety is our top priority
Unprecedented
Social distancing
Stay safe
Do your part
New normal
Quinn
AG
Carlo4 said:

Quinn said:

The end is in sight. Keep on getting shots in arms and were all gonna be making out in the streets come Memorial Day.

President Biden just said maybe 4th of July.

Y'all get the shots in your arms and we can beat the July 4th goal!
riverrataggie
AG
Quinn said:

Carlo4 said:

Quinn said:

The end is in sight. Keep on getting shots in arms and were all gonna be making out in the streets come Memorial Day.

Exactly. This is our new normal. Do your part, social distance, mask up, and stay safe. Your safety is our top priority in these unprecedented times.
double aught
AG
riverrataggie said:

Quinn said:

Carlo4 said:

Quinn said:

Exactly. This is our new normal. Do your part, social distance, mask up, and stay safe. Your safety is our top priority in these unprecedented times.
Heroes work here!
752bro4
AG
Follow the science
Bonfire1996
AG
Two weeks to stop the spread
Cuomo's leadership is the model
HCQ doesn't work
Cloth masks work so you don't pee on your friend through your jeans

What other ******y BS lies can we post?
Credible Source
AG
Remember those gay ass videos from Italy being like "Two weeks ago, I didn't believe I would be living this way, you MUST listen to your overlords so you're not like us"

Then a few weeks later they were rioting in the streets while their businesses failed?

I don't give one tiny **** what anyone has to say that never missed a paycheck during Covid, didn't have to lay people off to save their business, or hasn't actually had the disease. Two of them suck, one them was nothing, and no, I don't give a **** about your 90 year old grandma, and neither did she, about Covid that is, she got to die alone while her peers failed to thrive from loneliness because ******* who worship mainstream media as their lord and savior were afraid for their own lives and let millions suffer in their stead.

In before I know a guy that knows a guy that does triathlons that got real sick and thought he was gonna die of Curvird
LSB_2002
AG
Quinn said:

Carlo4 said:

Quinn said:

WtF bro!
Bonfire1996
AG
[You have been posting here long enough to know that bypassing word filters is an automatic ban and due to your moderation history you will not receive a ban of less three days. -Staff]
Credible Source
AG
Bro guys like that celebrate that behavior. Fear is virtue, weakness is strength. Woke white women with weak husbands are dear leader. Follow dear leader and stop testeroning, just a few more months to flatten the middle class
FincAg
AG
Can you all take your convo somewhere else?
tysker
AG
Quinn said:

You just asking for a herpes outbreak arent ya?
Quinn
AG
tysker said:

Quinn said:

You just asking for a herpes outbreak arent ya?
Whatever it takes, we're all in this together.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Cases are low. Deaths, which lag, are high. Seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.
Quinn
AG
4.6m shots in arms today - a huge jump. We're getting there.

GarlandAg2012
AG
COVID is over for the youths. Greenville Ave is hopping with St Patty's revelers. And I got my first dose today!

Leave the political BS aside. This was a really hard time for a lot of people and we appear to be getting through it. Good vibes only.

the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
double aught
AG
Quinn said:

4.6m shots in arms today - a huge jump. We're getting there.

America!
Carlo4
AG
So not trying to derail good vibes, but news outlets all over are reporting issues in Europe again. Most of Italy will lock down again, for example.... vaccine rollout or not.

I see all the positive days of people getting vaccinated here, but any news on % of population in Europe that is vaccinated? It feels like they were one/two months ahead of us, so I feel like this is what we might see in May....

Ol Jock 99
AG
The EU as a whole is behind the US, not sure about individual countries. Agree on the 1-2 lag between them and us, so we have time to get a critical mass immunized.
Quinn
AG
We have surpassed the EU in vaccination rate and we are only going to keep increasing the shots in arms per day over the next three months. As long as one of the new strands doesn't become resistant to the vaccines, we should be good.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Apart from UK, no other country in Europe appears to half our vaccine rate.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1194939/rate-covid-vaccination-by-county-worldwide/

As another poster mentioned, US is accelerating vaccine rate as well. Base shots + accelerating injection rate + people who have already had it leads me to believe this isn't a worry for the US. Plus Texas won't go back to a lockdown.
FincAg
AG
A French colleague of my wife at UTSW explained that people in France don't like vaccinations, for anything, and that there are large swaths of their society who will refuse to be inoculated.
Carlo4
AG
Great responses.

To add to it... the AstroZeneca vaccine has been halted in several countries over the past 24 hours.

https://apnews.com/article/germany-suspends-astrazeneca-vaccine-blood-clotting-0ab2c4fe13370c96c873e896387eb92f
Keegan99
AG
Quinn said:

Goose said:

AggieFrog said:

YouBet said:

AggieFrog said:

Quote:

Everyone else would like to get back to normal without our public officials and media trying to scare everyone back into a hole.
Everyone? Hardly. Would love everything to get back to normal, but that's not possible for a few more months until everyone has had the opportunity to get the vaccine. Then we can have that conversation - but that's more of an end of May timeframe. Until then, the prudent thing is to continue social distancing and masks.
Correcting for science.
Same. Also I realize it's anecdotal, but wife is a middle school nurse in a school of over 1000 kids in person since August. Thus far the only known in-school transmission has occurred among kids during lunch (unmasked in small groups) and from unmasked group parties outside of school. Very little to no spread amongst the students while masked in class. Wife also stayed masked and was in contact with multiple positive COVID students (she's been doing COVID tests in her nurse clinic since September) but never got it.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02801-8
Or maybe this thing isn't quite as contagious or virulent as we've been led to believe.
We eradicated the flu by social distancing and mask and over 500,000 people have died related to Covid.

That is a nice thought, but the flu disappeared in places like Sweden and Brazil, too.

It is far more likely that it disappeared due to viral interference, not NPIs.

https://medium.com/illumination-curated/the-unexpected-case-of-the-disappearing-flu-64fd1fa5e909
YouBet
AG
Keegan99 said:

Quinn said:

Goose said:

AggieFrog said:

YouBet said:

AggieFrog said:

Quote:

Everyone else would like to get back to normal without our public officials and media trying to scare everyone back into a hole.
Everyone? Hardly. Would love everything to get back to normal, but that's not possible for a few more months until everyone has had the opportunity to get the vaccine. Then we can have that conversation - but that's more of an end of May timeframe. Until then, the prudent thing is to continue social distancing and masks.
Correcting for science.
Same. Also I realize it's anecdotal, but wife is a middle school nurse in a school of over 1000 kids in person since August. Thus far the only known in-school transmission has occurred among kids during lunch (unmasked in small groups) and from unmasked group parties outside of school. Very little to no spread amongst the students while masked in class. Wife also stayed masked and was in contact with multiple positive COVID students (she's been doing COVID tests in her nurse clinic since September) but never got it.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02801-8
Or maybe this thing isn't quite as contagious or virulent as we've been led to believe.
We eradicated the flu by social distancing and mask and over 500,000 people have died related to Covid.

That is a nice thought, but the flu disappeared in places like Sweden and Brazil, too.

It is far more likely that it disappeared due to viral interference, not NPIs.

https://medium.com/illumination-curated/the-unexpected-case-of-the-disappearing-flu-64fd1fa5e909
Very interesting. I wonder if this will make it to a more public realm for debate as a reduction cause vs masks?

LOL. I think we know the answer to that.
TexasAggie008
AG
incase anyone was wondering - Clay still has us at covid risk-level "EXTREME - STAY HOME STAY SAFE"

https://www.dallascounty.org/departments/dchhs/2019-novel-coronavirus.php

will be pretty disappointed if this whole thing doesn't end in prison time for him....
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
*unless you're here illegally, then congregate en masse at the convention center
GAC06
AG
I made the mistake of actually clicking on that. We are still under an "order" to stay home? From almost a year ago?
Ol Jock 99
AG
GAC06 said:

I made the mistake of actually clicking on that. We are still under an "order" to stay home? From almost a year ago?
Pretty incredible, isn't it?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Cases and now deaths are both trending down in Dallas County.
Trucker 96
He's going to need a new chart when we have a truly deadly china virus come along
Hood
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

incase anyone was wondering - Clay still has us at covid risk-level "EXTREME - STAY HOME STAY SAFE"

https://www.dallascounty.org/departments/dchhs/2019-novel-coronavirus.php

will be pretty disappointed if this whole thing doesn't end in prison time for him....
At the bottom of the page, it says last updated 11/21/20.

That tells you how important the page is.
Ol Jock 99
AG
He's getting heckled pretty good on Twittster for it.
Phat32
AG
Never forget:

riverrataggie
AG
yukmonkey said:

Never forget:

What is that small asterisk??

'76% of statistics are made up on the spot'

'There are lies, damned lies, and statistics' Mark Twain

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.