Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

394,683 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasAggie008
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How dare you present data that's not scary as *****
752bro4
AG
426 and 2
DFWTLR
AG
752bro4 said:

426 and 2
According to Clay numbers might be low because of a 'glitch' in the state's reporting system...he's such a clown.

planoaggie123
AG
Even though positive....why publish potentially inaccurate numbers....

Also, interesting his encouragement for anyone over 2 to wear a mask...maybe i missed it but first i am seeing of this. My kids (2, both under 8) dont wear masks when we go out.
tysker
AG
752bro4 said:

426 and 2
MIsread this and immediately starting mumbling "Forty six and two just ahead of me" Dun Dun DaDun...
Quinn
AG
A lot of places have recommended it for kids 3 and up. My 3yr old wears one but our 1 yr old doesn't.
Hood
AG

It's odd that a really low number is a glitch but that yesterday's record is not. In fact, yesterday is just more proof that Clay cares about humans and Gov. Abbott is a murderer. Today could be a glitch.

The truth is likely that the data looks erratic because of backlogs and multiple days' results being report on a single day.

This picture does not include today, btw.
planoaggie123
AG
Wonder if that is more Dallas county? I havent seen it in Plano.

I would do it if a business made me and I wanted to shop/dine there but not offering it up voluntarily...sticking with the current guidelines until they revise them....
Quinn
AG
I've seen it as more of a general recommendation, don't remember exactly where I've seen it.
AggieFactor
AG
Here is DCHHS's back-dated graph. We have been on the down side of this thing for almost a month now.

YouBet
AG
DFWTLR said:

752bro4 said:

426 and 2
According to Clay numbers might be low because of a 'glitch' in the state's reporting system...he's such a clown.

This guy is such a POS. Pretty much hoping the low numbers are a glitch.
riverrataggie
AG
AggieFactor said:

Here is DCHHS's back-dated graph. We have been on the down side of this thing for almost a month now.

This is the only Data that people should look at. Everything Leroy Jenkins post is a version of the truth without context. It's propaganda To push his narrative
culdeus
AG
The last four days of county data in Texas have been glitched. They will catch up, but 7/22 should stand as the peak no matter what.

Goal should be to get a look at Memorial day levels by end of August. Seems on track for that.
webgem08
AG
I'm looking forward to the chart update tomorrow. I noticed last week that the county peaked early July.

When comparing the reported death chart vs. day-of-test, I think its even more likely that the county was pocketing positives through June, to stack 1,000+ days for almost three weeks in early July. I mean look, the 7-day on this chart never gets above 1,000...what the heck? But all Jenkins and the media harp on is 18 DAYS OF 1000 CASES.

The skeptic in me says they wanted ammo to keep schools locked down.
Rubble
AG
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronavirus/dshs-adds-631-more-deaths-to-texas-covid-19-total-after-data-reporting-change/2414086/

Quote:

The change in reporting resulted in an initial drop of 24 deaths in Dallas County, a drop of 10 deaths in Tarrant County, a drop of nine deaths in Collin County and an increase of 18 deaths in Denton County. It's not yet clear which cities had their death totals adjusted.

How's he going to spin a DROP in the number of total deaths?
Phat32
AG
"Stay vigilant"
Phat32
AG
My problem with the whole thing is if we had 100% visibility into every death that happens day by day and it was spouted from the rooftops....how would we react?
YouBet
AG
"While this might seem like good news, there is a third wave coming. Calm before the storm."
Comeby!
AG
Judges shouldn't have the ability to legislate.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Comeby! said:

He's not a "judge" judge. He's an elected administrator.
Ol Jock 99
AG
100% anecdotal and non-scientific, but the "doctor moms" groups on FB are saying that the situation in the hospitals is noticeably better in recent days.
Phat32
AG
We are acting like this thing is a 10-20% killer.
Comeby!
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Comeby! said:

Glad he's not in my county. Sounds like y'all need to vote.
YouBet
AG
Comeby! said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

Comeby! said:

Glad he's not in my county. Sounds like y'all need to vote.
Pointless here.
oldag941
AG
We are an island of red in a blue city and blue county. Commissioners Court has 1 Republican commissioner, 3 democrat commissioners and the democrat judge. You need 3 votes to get anything passed. You do the math.
YouBet
AG
oldag941 said:

We are an island of red in a blue city and blue county. Commissioners Court has 1 Republican commissioner, 3 democrat commissioners and the democrat judge. You need 3 votes to get anything passed. You do the math.
Yes. Being a conservative here is pointless. Dallas is lost. I still vote but it goes into the deep blue void.
Bones08
AG
Anyone know the current best strategy for getting a test done that gives fast results (preferably within a day or two)?
Robert C. Christian
AG
Starting to look into this as well. Dallas Resdit had a thread on it but I can't vouch for how good these are. You could also ask on the Texags Travel board.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dallas/comments/hyzm09/covid_test_my_flight_wants_me_to_have_covid_test/
FTAco07
AG
There is an urgent care clinic on Ross Ave near Greenville advertising tests with a quick turnaround time. I want to say it was +/- 1 hour. I doubt those are the most reliable, but more likely to give false negatives instead of false positive if that's what you need for travel.
DFWTLR
AG
There is a poster here that works for Cooper clinic, they have the rapid test. Not sure of the cost though.
TSUAggie
I got one done in Stephenville. Had results in 30 minutes. No cost as it was billed through insurance.
752bro4
AG
789 and 15 (13/15 underlying, "Non-underlying" - 1 was 50s, 1 was 70s and an inmate in Seagoville)
YouBet
AG
DFWTLR said:

There is a poster here that works for Cooper clinic, they have the rapid test. Not sure of the cost though.
It's somewhere around $150 from what I recall.
752bro4
AG
Lead with deaths now - 704 and 36

I wish they would include date of death like Harris Co. did. As of last week, some of Harris County's deaths were being reported from late May.

6 deaths listed w/o underlying - 1 in the 70s, 1 in her 90s!

webgem08
AG
Day-of-death graphs are released on the Dallas county website. However, they haven't released an updated chart since 7/21.

They used to update twice a week.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.