Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

394,994 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasAggie008
DFWTLR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

Today's 20 reported deaths will of course grab most of the headlines, but a few pieces of good news in ol Clay's daily summary:

> "730 people in acute care" looks to be the lowest # since 640 were reported on July 4th....last week we ranged from 756 to 831.

> 3 of the last 4 days have had less cases than the same day last week.

Saturday-Tuesday July 11-14th reported cases vs last weeks' on the same day were:

Saturday - 2 less
Sunday - 112 more
Monday - 100 less
Today - 77 less

Seems fairly small.....but since late May/early June we haven't had more than a single sporadic day here and there reflect lower than the prior week's
Tuesdays have always been the highest in hospitalizations and deaths, and no one has a clue when the deaths actually occurred. ICU's and hospitalizations have been down for several days.

Also, if Clay can waive a magic wand and get results from 10 days to 1 we'll see a major uptick in cases in a couple days. No idea how he'll actually accomplish that, but he thinks he can:

agcrock2005
AG
Wow that guy sucks.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
What I gathered from Clay's tweets is the testing in "the north" and with insurance is much more efficient than the government-run testing. Who would have thought that might be the case?
DFWTLR
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

What I gathered from Clay's tweets is the testing in "the north" and with insurance is much more efficient than the government-run testing. Who would have thought that might be the case?

Not sure where the north is, but no one is getting 2 day turn times unless you pay for the rapid test, which may or may not be garbage.
agcrock2005
AG
DFWTLR said:

TxAgLaw03RW said:

Not sure where the north is, but no one is getting 2 day turn times unless you pay for the rapid test, which may or may not be garbage.

By garbage are you talking about the one that Jimmie Johnson and Joey Gallo took??
TexasAggie008
AG
I drove all the way to McKinney 3 weeks ago for one and it took 10 days

How much further north , Clay?
agcrock2005
AG
Not DFW, but makes you wonder how much of this is going on throughout the country. I'm sure it's not isolated to FL. Hundreds of labs reported 100% positive rates.

Florida Labs Incorrectly Reported A 100% Positivity Rate For Coronavirus Tests

Rubble
AG
I've heard through a friend that a nurse in the Austin area thought it was weird that every test she sent in came back positive. She took three swabs and sent them in without any samples taken on any of them (completely out of the box into the specimen bag and shipped off). All three came back positive.

I have no trust in the testing that is being done nor the results that are coming back.

Friend of a friend yada yada. Have no reason to believe she's making it up.
Robert C. Christian
AG
I'm going to file this into the "L-a" category.
TexasAggie008
AG
Good news from supreme ruler Clay's daily report:

> "648 people in acute care" is down again from yesterday, and is below 700 for the first time since July 4th (640)....last week we ranged from 756 to 831.

> 26 more cases than this day last week - so now 3 of the last 5 days have had less cases than the same day last week.

Saturday-Wednesday July 11-15th reported cases vs last weeks' on the same day were:

Saturday - 2 less
Sunday - 112 more
Monday - 100 less
Tuesday - 77 less
Wednesday - 26 more

Still going in the right direction vs the endless week to week growth we'd been seeing.
YouBet
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

Good news from supreme ruler Clay's daily report:

> "648 people in acute care" is down again from yesterday, and is below 700 for the first time since July 4th (640)....last week we ranged from 756 to 831.

> 26 more cases than this day last week - so now 3 of the last 5 days have had less cases than the same day last week.

Saturday-Wednesday July 11-15th reported cases vs last weeks' on the same day were:

Saturday - 2 less
Sunday - 112 more
Monday - 100 less
Tuesday - 77 less
Wednesday - 26 more

Still going in the right direction vs the endless week to week growth we'd been seeing.
I'm going to be that guy.....

It's fewer.
Hood
AG
YouBet said:

I'm going to be that guy.....

It's fewer.
Yes. Be that person. Some of us have to keep the world from going to absolute *****

+1 blue star from me.
wangus12
AG
Our lab tested a patient today and had the results back in 20 minutes
Quinn
AG
DFWTLR
AG
wangus12 said:

Just one patient? Maybe you need more, lol.

What lab? What have you and coworkers have determined the reliability to be on those rapid tests?
Trucker 96
Bull**** ambulance chaser with way too much power.
agcrock2005
AG
wangus12 said:

100% they were white...
Robert C. Christian
AG
wangus12
AG
Actually not white. 100% paid for it though.

I work at the Cooper Clinic in Dallas and we have an outstanding lab. But its all private and you pay out of pocket
752bro4
AG
Cooper and NOT all white? I mean I guess if they're Jewish that counts as not white?
wangus12
AG
Nah there are enough former Cowboys and Mavs players in Dallas so it isn't all white. In reality, pt. demographics is like 75% white. 50% travel into DFW to from out of state/country to visit. We had so many people coming from China we built a clinic over there in Nanjing.
Phat32
AG
**** that ***** **** you Clay. Hide behind Huang again you little *****.
Comeby!
AG
I've thought about signing up there. Or at least doing the full comprehensive executive screening.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Another successful Texags hookup!
Comeby!
AG
Doing it for the athletic physical.
AggieFactor
AG
Hopefully we have finally reached our plateau. For the first time in almost two months, the county health report on Friday showed a significant doward trend in every single category of measurement. This is usually increased with back dated points, but past trends show the increases should only shallow out the downturn not erase it. Hopefully a few more weeks of whatever people are doing and we can start to see some real progress.
752bro4
AG
734 new cases today, first time below 1,000 in 2.5 weeks. Hope this is the trend and not an anomaly.

Houston is also looking to be on the good side of the peak. Let's root for no police shootings anytime soon gyms and bars to stay closed to prevent another spike.
Hood
AG
752bro4 said:

734 new cases today, first time below 1,000 in 2.5 weeks. Hope this is the trend and not an anomaly.

Houston is also looking to be on the good side of the peak. Let's root for no police shootings anytime soon gyms and bars to stay closed to prevent another spike.
Tuesday is typically the weekend lag rebound. This is a solid sign. Let's hope it holds.
riverrataggie
AG
I'm sure Leroy Jenkins has something up his sleeve.
DFWTLR
AG
He had a paragraph about children in his daily report for the first time in a while. 1200 children under 18 have tested positive since July 1, 29 hospitalized. Also 98 daycare children/staff from 65 day cares since June 1, which actually seems extremely low.

Curious how long the results are taking at the sites Clay took over, he said they were over 10 days, and he could get results in 1-2.
riverrataggie
AG
He mentioned children to stoke fear. Fear is a very motivating factor and he knows this.
DFWTLR
AG
Seems silly to try and stoke fear with astonishingly low numbers, only 95 total cases in all staff and children in 7 weeks? That's a clear indicator schools should NOT be postponed.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
But if it just saves one life every two weeks...
Phat32
AG
95 cases in 65 daycares is a rounding error.

Ebola itself is scared of the bugs in daycares.
MGS
riverrataggie said:

He mentioned children to stoke fear. Fear is a very motivating factor and he knows this.
It's all he's got. The facts are not on his side.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.