Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

394,670 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasAggie008
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DFWTLR said:

agcrock2005 said:

I know. If I didn't like him politically then he would've been forced to resign by now. He's done this several times since he shut down the county. I can't believe he has the balls to let them park in his driveway. I'd make them park down the street.
How many people are there? 10 people and less is what most counties are suggesting.
TMI...
agcrock2005
AG
TSUAggie said:

agcrock2005 said:

I know. If I didn't like him politically then he would've been forced to resign by now. He's done this several times since he shut down the county. I can't believe he has the balls to let them park in his driveway. I'd make them park down the street.
Why does it matter what his politics are? Make the identity of this hypocritical jackass known.
I understand. I'm really pissed too as I sit here trying not to murder my 2 and 3 year old sons when grandma and grandpa and cousins should be over here watching their little asses. But he's my neighbor who I have liked for 7 years so I'm not going to be the one to throw him under the bus. I'm sure there are some computer nerds who can figure out what county I'm in by previous posts and then find out the judges address and drive by and take a pic if they want, but I'm not going to do it.
TSUAggie
You Stated in a recent post you live in Tarrant county.
TSUAggie
agcrock2005 said:

TSUAggie said:

agcrock2005 said:

Why does it matter what his politics are? Make the identity of this hypocritical jackass known.
I understand. I'm really pissed too as I sit here trying not to murder my 2 and 3 year old sons when grandma and grandpa and cousins should be over here watching their little asses. But he's my neighbor who I have liked for 7 years so I'm not going to be the one to throw him under the bus. I'm sure there are some computer nerds who can figure out what county I'm in by previous posts and then find out the judges address and drive by and take a pic if they want, but I'm not going to do it.

Doesn't matter. He's an elected official who completely shut down entire businesses and livelihoods, yet the rules don't apply to him. Republican or Democrat, it doesn't matter. This kind of behavior is bull*****
YouBet
AG
He sounds like the typical elitist regardless of party. What's good for you doesn't apply to him.
double aught
AG
agcrock2005 said:

TSUAggie said:

agcrock2005 said:

You probably never should've posted about it then.
hatchback
AG
Easter Sunday update. I believe the testing sites are closed today.
agcrock2005
AG
double aught said:

agcrock2005 said:

TSUAggie said:

agcrock2005 said:

You probably never should've posted about it then.
You're right. I shouldn't have posted. My wife is pissed I did. I was upset that he's having a party with this badass weather and we're sitting here going crazy without family on Easter.
MGS
Collin county has just had a second straight day of double-digit declines in active cases.
double aught
AG
Understandable
drewser95
AG
agcrock2005 said:

I can't believe he has the balls to let them park in his driveway. I'd make them park down the street.
The circular driveway in front, or the driveway off the side street?
Comeby!
AG
YouBet said:

lt230 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

Just went for a trail run at Arbor Hills Nature Perserve

Collin County > Dallas County

White Rock appears to have been open and busy all day, despite the closed signs
I suspect that was all the Hispanics who said f* it or never got the news that the parks were closed. I lived by White Rock for many years and they absolutely owned White Rock on Easter Weekend.

Yep, I went there once Easter when my kids were little and went ape with the cascarones. Got all self conscious and picked up all the shells and some of the confetti.
ursusguy
AG
White Rock was a challenge. When Johnson put in the stipulation that the parks could be closed but the trails had to stay open, it created a lot of logistical challenges. ADA, traffic patterns, parking in adjacent neighborhoods etc. With the trail being open, WR was effectively open. Outside of WR, the park system was basically dead.
AG
ursusguy said:

White Rock was a challenge. When Johnson put in the stipulation that the parks could be closed but the trails had to stay open, it created a lot of logistical challenges. ADA, traffic patterns, parking in adjacent neighborhoods etc. With the trail being open, WR was effectively open. Outside of WR, the park system was basically dead.

Last week, or maybe the week before, when all the parking lots were closed and neighborhood streets had no parking signs up it was dead. I was surprised that wasn't what they did to "close" it this weekend.

They mowed the east side of the park one of those days everything was closed and for the next couple days it was amazing how litter free it was. I don't think I've ever seen in that clean in my life. People really treat this place as their own toilet.

ursusguy
AG
Simply put, ADA threat.
MGS
MGS said:

Collin county has just had a second straight day of double-digit declines in active cases.
...and now a third day. Active cases in the county have dropped from 208 to 191. The peak was 235 on April 10.

Source: https://www.plano.gov/3562/COVID-19-Press-Releases
hatchback
AG
89 new cases in Dallas County. 10 new deaths, 5 of which were from long-term care facilities.

Also, Texas has begun reporting the number of people tested by county with 9,500 residents of Dallas County have been tested.
Hood
AG
Also, hospital conditions still good. One additional hospital reporting here making the rates appear to move upward. Not sure why one hospital wasn't reporting until now.

AggieFactor
AG
When the report reads "had been critically ill in an area hospital" is that referencing their condition before or after they contracted the virus?
Ag CPA
AG
Noticing that the traffic on the roads has increased significantly the past week in Fort Worth and NE Tarrant. Nowhere close to where it was a month ago but you can tell more people are getting out of the house, have no idea where they are going though.
MGS
MGS said:

MGS said:

...and now a third day. Active cases in the county have dropped from 208 to 191. The peak was 235 on April 10.

Streak broken. Collin county active cases +12 to 203. (19 new, 5 recovered, 2 deaths)
DFWTLR
AG
MGS said:

MGS said:

MGS said:

Streak broken. Collin county active cases +12 to 203. (19 new, 5 recovered, 2 deaths)
Those numbers were yesterday for Collin County, today it's showing 5 new positive cases, 18 recovered and a total of 190 cases https://www.chrishill.us/covid19/
OldAg92
AG
Ag CPA said:

Noticing that the traffic on the roads has increased significantly the past week in Fort Worth and NE Tarrant. Nowhere close to where it was a month ago but you can tell more people are getting out of the house, have no idea where they are going though.

Noticed the same thing yesterday and today in NRH/Colleyville/Keller area. Lots of traffic on most of the major roads
DFWTLR
AG
Good sign:

schwabbin
AG
No, people are just realizing it's pointless to get tested when you won't find out the results for two weeks and the only thing they will tell you is to self-quarantine for two weeks.
Yesterday
AG
OldAg92 said:

Ag CPA said:

Noticed the same thing yesterday and today in NRH/Colleyville/Keller area. Lots of traffic on most of the major roads

Today I noticed a bit more traffic on 121 east towards HEB. I was annoyed that I had to drop from 75mph to 65mph in rush hour.
riverrataggie
AG
My aunt tested positive. She was over the fever by the time it came back. They told her to hunker down for 14 days after fever went away. She's been sending in temps for over a week now at normal temps.

This is the most ridiculous thing ever.
FincAg
AG
If I recall people aren't in the ICU for their fever but the ARDS symptoms. I would count her very fortunate.
agcrock2005
AG
riverrataggie said:

This is the most ridiculous thing ever.
Agreed. Something fishy about this thing still. Hope we can get back to normalcy soon.
agcrock2005
AG
Daycare just sent e-mail saying they have to fill out forms now for Department of Health and Human Services keeping track of each parents "essential" jobs. Man the government reach on this one is getting big. Seems especially odd considering things appear to be getting better.
Proposition Joe
I'm sure they are just trying to track your movements in case of a future insurrection.
MGS
DFWTLR said:

MGS said:

MGS said:

MGS said:

Those numbers were yesterday for Collin County, today it's showing 5 new positive cases, 18 recovered and a total of 190 cases https://www.chrishill.us/covid19/
Yeah, it looks like the City of Plano numbers are released the morning after the county posts them.
hatchback
AG
109 cases in Dallas County; 1 new death.
Quote:

A day after Dallas County announced its highest single-day toll from the coronavirus outbreak 10 deaths officials reported one additional death from the illness.

The patient who died was a Garland woman in her 80s who did not have underlying health conditions.
Officials also reported 109 new COVID-19 cases Wednesday, bringing the county's total to 1,986. There have been 43 deaths related to the virus; Dallas County does not report how many patients have recovered.

In a statement, County Judge Clay Jenkins praised residents for abiding by the county's stay at home order, saying that continuing to follow those guidelines will ensure that hospitals have enough resources and help the area return to normal "sooner rather than later."
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/public-health/2020/04/15/10th-dallas-officer-has-covid-19-after-partner-also-tested-positive-for-coronavirus/
Phat32
AG
hatchback said:

was a Garland woman in her 80s who did not have underlying health conditions

Sorry she's 80+. Life expectancy in US for women is 78.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
I'm sure this has been answered, but when were the 109 reported today actually tested? Isn't there a 10-day or gap before you get results? Trying to figure out if that's 109 new cases today, or 109 new cases a week or so ago.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.