Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

394,808 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasAggie008
walton91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Haven't you heard? Clay is an evil, power hungry, dictator trying to exert his dominance of Texas from the county level
hatchback
AG
I'm going to assume that those projections are coming from the team of doctors at DCHHS and other medical professionals in Dallas. Dr. Huang has been present at most of the press conferences if I remember correctly.

Those graphs in the tweet above are for COVID-19 patient census (total patient, ICU patient, ventilator patient, and med-surg patient) at local hospitals per day, not total cases in the general population.

tysker
AG
hatchback said:

Dr. Phillip Huang who is the director of Dallas County Health and Human Services.

Much to some of y'all's disappointment, Clay Jenkins isn't just making up numbers and having his children draw pretty graphs.
OK where is Dr. Huang getting his numbers from?

Jenkins even says in the tweet:
Quote:

nothing done vs. strong mitigation. Our region could reach the peak of the curve in late April/early May
The 'do nothing' models are a complete sham because humans are incapable of 'doing nothing' in response to threats to our lives. These medical experts must never have taken a course in social science or ethics.
DFWTLR
AG
hatchback said:

I'm going to assume that those projections are coming from the team of doctors at DCHHS and other medical professionals in Dallas. Dr. Huang has been present at most of the press conferences if I remember correctly.

Those graphs in the tweet above are for COVID-19 patient census (total patient, ICU patient, ventilator patient, and med-surg patient) at local hospitals per day, not total cases in the general population.

I understand who is giving him the info, but what 'evidence and science' is he referring to?
Bones08
AG
tysker said:

hatchback said:

Dr. Phillip Huang who is the director of Dallas County Health and Human Services.

Much to some of y'all's disappointment, Clay Jenkins isn't just making up numbers and having his children draw pretty graphs.
OK where is Dr. Huang getting his numbers from?

Jenkins even says in the tweet:
Quote:

nothing done vs. strong mitigation. Our region could reach the peak of the curve in late April/early May
The 'do nothing' models are a complete sham because humans are incapable of 'doing nothing' in response to threats to our lives. These medical experts must never have taken a course in social science or ethics.
It has been my belief that the 'do nothing' model is based on officials doing nothing (thus schools, all businesses, entertainment venues, etc. stay open) and not necessarily the general population doing nothing.
Ol Jock 99
AG
The UWashington model, which is criticized for being too conservative (e.g. saying too many people will be sick/die) has Texas's peak on April 22nd, with appx 685 ICU beds needed. Clay's graph is saying Dallas County will need almost half of them.

Just doesn't add up. And considering the Clay started off with 500k dead Texans, I'm significantly more skeptical of his models.
walton91
108 new cases reported today by Dallas County
Hood
AG
walton91 said:

108 new cases reported today by Dallas County
For reference, new cases:

• 106 on 4/7
  • 97 on 4/5
  • 100 on 4/2
walton91
These are probably better numbers to watch given how little testing is still happening
Hood
AG
Agree 100%.

Look at the drop in ventilator usage. I just don't see how we peak in May given this history. Where do the new cases come from? The incubation period isn't 30-45 days.

Credit for graph:

walton91
County reporting 105 new cases

GarryowenAg
AG
Did anyone else just get a random robo call from FW Fire Chief Jim Davis about staying inside and only going out for essentials?
LisaMarie
AG
My SIL did
Post removed:
by user
hatchback
AG
Updated hospital numbers:
Hood
AG
Drops in beds/ICU beds in use and ventilator usage.
John Francis Donaghy
SoupNazi2001 said:

Just went for a trail run at Arbor Hills Nature Perserve

Collin County > Dallas County

Just beat the popup thunderstorm
hatchback
AG
Visuals are always better. Also, 107 new confirmed cases in Dallas county. I know the testing numbers are low, but we've been averaging 100 or so new cases for two weeks.
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

White Rock appears to have been open and busy all day, despite the closed signs
Yesterday
AG
Do we know how many of those beds are Covid 19? Do we know how many are hospitalized currently with Covid 19? Not looking for an argument. Just curious.
hatchback
AG
03ki11erAG said:

Do we know how many of those beds are Covid 19? Do we know how many are hospitalized currently with Covid 19? Not looking for an argument. Just curious.

Phat32
AG
Am I reading that right?

We shut down all this **** for 142 total ICU admissions?
riverrataggie
AG
yukmonkey said:

Am I reading that right?

Part of me feels it's even less due to COVID-19. They are going to use any reason to boost # of cases to receive increased funds and not look like like idiots.
Fitch
AG
No, you shut things down so that you have only 142 ICU admissions...
walton91
yukmonkey said:

Am I reading that right?

I think the better response is that we are doing a great job because we shut all this down as a preventive measure
Pre-ven-tive: designed to keep something undesirable such as illness, harm, or accidents from occurring..."preventive medicine"
Yesterday
AG
walton91 said:

yukmonkey said:

Am I reading that right?

I think the better response is that we are doing a great job because we shut all this down as a preventive measure
Pre-ven-tive: designed to keep something undesirable such as illness, harm, or accidents from occurring..."preventive medicine"

I don't know. I went to Hime Depot yesterday and it was packed. Wal-Mart has stayed packed and I passed Whiskey Cake that had a line of cars waiting to pick up food.
YouBet
AG
lt230 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

White Rock appears to have been open and busy all day, despite the closed signs
I suspect that was all the Hispanics who said f* it or never got the news that the parks were closed. I lived by White Rock for many years and they absolutely owned White Rock on Easter Weekend.
AG
looked like more of the same recent bunch thats never set foot outside until now
agcrock2005
AG
County judge that shut down one of the big counties around here lives across street from me and is having family over for Easter. Pisses me off.
Agnzona
Take pictures and put it in social media., the Karen's will do the rest.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
agcrock2005
AG
I know. If I didn't like him politically then he would've been forced to resign by now. He's done this several times since he shut down the county. I can't believe he has the balls to let them park in his driveway. I'd make them park down the street.
Ol Jock 99
AG
agcrock2005 said:

County judge that shut down one of the big counties around here lives across street from me and is having family over for Easter. Pisses me off.

Judge Clay?
DFWTLR
AG
agcrock2005 said:

I know. If I didn't like him politically then he would've been forced to resign by now. He's done this several times since he shut down the county. I can't believe he has the balls to let them park in his driveway. I'd make them park down the street.

How many people are there? 10 people and less is what most counties are suggesting.
TSUAggie
agcrock2005 said:

Why does it matter what his politics are? Make the identity of this hypocritical jackass known.
Ol Jock 99
AG
TSUAggie said:

Why does it matter what his politics are? Make the identity of this hypocritical jackass known.

^^^^
This

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.