Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

406,577 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TexasAggie008
AgBlitz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No, early 40's, active and healthy.
Objective Aggie
AG
CDowsk09 said:

Objective Aggie
AG
https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/national/coronavirus/joe-exotic-currently-in-covid-19-isolation-in-prison-husband-says
agcrock2005
AG
Wonder how many fewer deaths there will be in the numbers for this year for congestive heart failure, cancer, natural causes, diabetes, etc...
gomerschlep
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Wonder how many fewer deaths there will be in the numbers for this year for congestive heart failure, cancer, natural causes, diabetes, etc...
I expect there to be way more. People are staying home and afraid to go to hospitals. People who get sick from non-corona stuff will wait until the last possible second to seek help, often when it's too late. There will also be a huge spike in suicides, and domestic/child abuse. This is already being seen.
agcrock2005
AG
Quote:

There will also be a huge spike in suicides, and domestic/child abuse.
I definitely agree with this part.
walton91
Dallas County has extended their stay at home order until May 20th
Ol Jock 99
AG
walton91 said:

I was hearing end of April. Have a link?
MattAg06
AG
walton91 said:

Unbelievable if true. This is no longer about public health and is now a simple power grab. Unreal.
hatchback
AG
Quote:

Dallas County commissioners on Friday extended the state's first stay-at-home order until May 20, after a tense two-hour meeting punctuated by debates over hospital readiness, the cost of the pandemic and how best to help the region's most vulnerable.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/public-health/2020/04/03/dallas-county-extends-coronavirus-stay-at-home-order-until-may-20/
Phat32
AG
What in the actual **** are they doing down at City Hall?
Ol Jock 99
AG
yukmonkey said:

What in the actual **** are they doing down at City Hall?

County bud.
MattAg06
AG
These mf'ers better be praying the curve flattens otherwise there's gonna be rioting. This is insane.
Phat32
AG
Yeah responded too quickly. Am an idiot. But not as much of an idiot as Clay Jenkins.
Ol Jock 99
AG
yukmonkey said:

Yeah responded too quickly. Am an idiot. But not as much of an idiot as Clay Jenkins.

Harsh. But fair.
Ol Jock 99
AG
The UWashington model has Texas peaking in early May. It is due to be updated tomorrow.
BIMS O1
AG
"Commissioner John Wiley Price, a Democrat who represents southern Dallas, voted against the plan because he said the restrictions were "choking" his constituents."

I agree with JWP on something!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tysker
AG
BIMS O1 said:

"Commissioner John Wiley Price, a Democrat who represents southern Dallas, voted against the plan because he said the restrictions were "choking" his constituents."

I agree with JWP on something!
The poor and marginalized will be hurt the most by this shutdown. Now and in the long run. I can only assume that is Clay Jenkin's primary goal.
agcrock2005
AG
Quote:

The poor and marginalized will be hurt the most by this shutdown. Now and in the long run.
Everyone will be poor and marginalized if these idiots don't let us go back to work before too terribly long.
tysker
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Quote:

The poor and marginalized will be hurt the most by this shutdown. Now and in the long run.
Everyone will be poor and marginalized if these idiots don't let us go back to work before too terribly long.
I think the point is expanding the welfare state and pushing the expense on to the federal level. Modern financial slavery.
FincAg
AG
I think yall are conspiracy nuts.
rsf0626
Could be worse. DC area is until middle of June i think
rsf0626
MGS
Just another reason for businesses to move to Collin county.
Ol Jock 99
AG
FincAg said:

What conspiracy? Honest question.
752bro4
AG
This is detrimental to any and all businesses, big or small. Way premature, Clay. There was absolutely no reason to pull the trigger this early. This is just going to encourage many businesses to close up shop now, rather than tough it out or try to fight to keep going.

Abso-fk'inglutely devastating news today.
walton91
Probably this one
Quote:

I think the point is expanding the welfare state and pushing the expense on to the federal level. Modern financial slavery.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Ah. That's fair(ly nutty).
hatchback
AG
FincAg said:

The TexAgs Politics Forum is spreading to every other forum on this site - seemingly quicker than Covid-19 through the state of Texas.
CampingAg
AG
I just don't understand why they are making these decisions so far in advance. What happened to "we will re-evaluate toward the end of this order"?
tysker
AG
walton91 said:

Probably this one
Quote:

Ya I probably shouldn't have written the financial slavery part. Over the top fr sure but I do believe our city's marginalized workers and poor are going to be hurt disproportionally more now and in the future by extending the shutdown. Also I think Jenkins isn't afraid of increasing the welfare needs of the people as long as the feds are footing the bill. He gets to take credit for the upside response (low infection, low death) while passing on the cost (business losses and bailouts). During the financial crisis, we may have considered it privatizing the gains while socializing the losses.
Ol Jock 99
AG
CampingAg said:

I just don't understand why they are making these decisions so far in advance. What happened to "we will re-evaluate toward the end of this order"?

I do wonder if ol Clay want to use C-19 as his "big win" to get elected someplace higher up the food chain.
DFWTLR
AG
He said on twitter that's the date 'scientists and doctors' told him, and that it could be further extended if necessary. He is also shutting down gas stations that are still selling hot dogs, properties...
MGS
Are these the same "scientists" who said that 500,000 Texans would die by the end of April?
hatchback
AG
DFWTLR said:

He said on twitter that's the date 'scientists and doctors' told him, and that it could be further extended if necessary. He is also shutting down gas stations that are still selling hot dogs, properties...
Where was this mentioned? I'm guessing heard from a friend of a friend?

After a search for the exact Dallas County stay at home order, it reads: "gas stations and convenience stores are prohibited from selling self-service food items."

Not that the whole station will be shut down if they sell hot dogs, otherwise every gas station in the county would close.
YouBet
AG
So, he's abdicated all responsibility and simply passed that to the infallibility of doctors and scientists so that he has no accountability.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.