Aggieland
Sponsored by

BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc. (2026 Edition)

460,197 Views | 2340 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by carodz
The Brazos Kid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BlueMiles said:

The Brazos Kid said:

maroon barchetta said:

I cannot imagine living 100' from a locomotive blowing the horn approaching the crossing dozens of times per day.


You'd adapt. I lived in Chicago for a couple of years and a block away from the El. 1st week was horrible but it ended up just blending into the background.




Exactly!
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hornbeck said:

I think I saw something along the lines of, on average, 20 - 25 trains go through CS every day.

That being said, when I was in school at A&M, people lived in dorms with no AC. (gasp!)


At the community meetings about closing the Straub and Wade crossings the Union Pacific rep predicted up to 70 two-mile trains would be coming thru town in the future.

Not sure what we are getting now but if I go eat at Hullabaloo Diner we see a minimum of three trains in the hour or so we are there.

They even have "train beers" that are some small bottles of some kind of beer they do on special when a train comes by. I don't recall the brand but people enjoy them.
NotJPMorgan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I lived at Callaway Villas back in 2014-15. Honestly, you stop noticing it eventually. It definitely shook the whole building when one went by though.
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hornbeck said:

I think I saw something along the lines of, on average, 20 - 25 trains go through CS every day.

That being said, when I was in school at A&M, people lived in dorms with no AC. (gasp!)

Here. Proud alumnus of Hart Hall, B Ramp. 84-8.6 Those Hart hall kiddies now all have window units. Buncha babies.
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
maroon barchetta said:

Hornbeck said:

I think I saw something along the lines of, on average, 20 - 25 trains go through CS every day.

That being said, when I was in school at A&M, people lived in dorms with no AC. (gasp!)


At the community meetings about closing the Straub and Wade crossings the Union Pacific rep predicted up to 70 two-mile trains would be coming thru town in the future.

Not sure what we are getting now but if I go eat at Hullabaloo Diner we see a minimum of three trains in the hour or so we are there.

They even have "train beers" that are some small bottles of some kind of beer they do on special when a train comes by. I don't recall the brand but people enjoy them.


7 oz. Miller High Life. The Owl downtown does this also.
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bass Pro Shop coming next to Costco!
MsDoubleD81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Whaaaaaaaa???
Hornbeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
w00t
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw the mayor just announced that at the council meeting. Wondering if it will be part of a larger development there as originally planned or just be Bass Pro Shop. They have pretty large footprints, so may not be room for anything else there.
Thisguy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A Bass Pro would be incredible.
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Smaller "Outpost" store. https://www.kbtx.com/2026/08/27/city-college-station-is-talks-with-bass-pro-shops-open-next-costco/
Expert Analysis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They have one in Waco.
Waco Bass Pro
Rick98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Waco location is 42,000 square feet. The release says this location will be 100,000 square feet.
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Saw the mayor just announced that at the council meeting. Wondering if it will be part of a larger development there as originally planned or just be Bass Pro Shop. They have pretty large footprints, so may not be room for anything else there.


Answering my own question


DimeBox17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Bass Pro will be the same size as the one in Grand Prairie that opened last year. It's got more than enough stuff to kill time and empty my wallet.
MsDoubleD81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wil be another place for me to go wander around in and I don't have to pay for a membership!
phillytex24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Let's not forget Pappadeaux was a huge announcement, too! Bass Pro shops seems unlikely!
carodz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://about.basspro.com/newsroom/stories/college-station-texas/
ReelAg6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The negative nellies about the Bass Pro announcement are exhausting. Every community has turn over in retail. CS's retail vacancy is minimal, and almost non existent in South CS. Most of the turnover of larger format retailers in the market is due to bankruptcy of the chain, not because the local location isn't a strong performer. Gander Mountain is a perfect example.

The College Station location for Academy is the 4th busiest Academy in the US.

Bass Pro has successfully rolled out in markets like Tyler and if that can succeed, this store will probably be even more successful.
ReelAg6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Captn_Ag05 said:

The Waco location is 42,000 square feet. The release says this location will be 100,000 square feet.

Waco was a Cabela's Outpost that was acquired when Bass Pro purchased Cabela's. They've toyed with the smaller format outpost concept, but it isn't an emphasis on their current rollout. BPS generally likes to stick above 70,000 SF and even the Tyler Outpost location is about that size.
reineraggie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Source for the Academy info. Thats crazy.

I also remember hearing that the McDonalds on University between S College and Northgate was the most profitable one in America a few years ago.
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was just listening to the city manager interview on WTAW from this morning discussing the Bass Pro Shop announcement. He said there are some new/exciting concepts in discussion for the rest of the site. He also said that there are some restaurants in town that are the strongest performing sites in the state.
ReelAg6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
reineraggie09 said:

Source for the Academy info. Thats crazy.

I also remember hearing that the McDonalds on University between S College and Northgate was the most profitable one in America a few years ago.

It generates over 1.1M visits annually.

We also have a top 20 locations in the nation for Chipotle, Texas Roadhouse, Chuy's, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Andy's, and there's a reason we have more Starbucks and Dutch Bro's per capita than just about any metro in the country. Those two have diluted their locations to the point that none of them are top performers, but the market as a whole is very good to them.
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was thinking the Cheddars has to be one of the top performers. That place is always packed and most other locations I have seen never seem that busy.
tu ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
But how do we do in chicken places, nail salons, and smoke shops?
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has the terriaki place opened up in Jones Crossing? If not, when? I think that will kill it in that location.


stay low boys. keep those feet moving. go be perfect.

- chavez (fnl)
MsDoubleD81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm boycotting them since they discontinued the pasta chicken Caesar salad!!!
bushytailed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TyHolden said:

Has the terriaki place opened up in Jones Crossing? If not, when? I think that will kill it in that location.

No. I just drove by there and the sign on the doors still says coming soon.
Pantera
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For more reference, the new Academy in CS is 72,000 square feet
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

I'm boycotting them since they discontinued the pasta chicken Caesar salad!!!

It was on the menu last week. It's one of my favorite.
In a world when you can be anything, be the person that ends the meeting early.
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

It looks like Houston is getting an NHL team. I'm going to renew my ask to the leadership of CS (Mr. Yancy) to try and get one of their minor league teams in CS.

Oh, I'm glad to hear this.
In a world when you can be anything, be the person that ends the meeting early.
MsDoubleD81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did you order through the app? Mines not showing it
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ReelAg6 said:

The negative nellies about the Bass Pro announcement are exhausting. Every community has turn over in retail. CS's retail vacancy is minimal, and almost non existent in South CS. Most of the turnover of larger format retailers in the market is due to bankruptcy of the chain, not because the local location isn't a strong performer. Gander Mountain is a perfect example.

The College Station location for Academy is the 4th busiest Academy in the US.

Bass Pro has successfully rolled out in markets like Tyler and if that can succeed, this store will probably be even more successful.

After it opens they'll tell us it's not as good as the ones in other cities.
The left cannot kill the Spirit of Charlie Kirk.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have you guys ever been to a Paris Baguette??

It would kill it here in BCS
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.