*** DUNE: PART TWO ***

127,403 Views | 1414 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by AgfromHOU
Tonyperkis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DV delivers again
birdman
TCTTS said:

She's 64 years old.

That looks like a pretty standard 64-year-old to me.
True. But Sean Young didn't look like a standard 24-year old.
FriendlyAg
7:45 showing tonight!! Pumped
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Loved it even more the second time.

I'd say this movie has several Oscars already locked up -- Production Design, Sound, and Cinematography.
Quad Dog
AG
You think any above the line categories? Maybe directing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nominations? Absolutely. But I think it has those wins damn near locked up.

For possible noms I'd add -- VFX, Score, Costumes, Director, Picture, Actor (Chalamet), Supporting Actor (Butler).

It's hard to say this early in the year though.
Moral High Horse
FriendlyAg said:

7:45 showing tonight!! Pumped

Not pumped enough. Not pumped enough!
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ok, looks like he worked on some stuff in ROTS too.

Can't find a source for my AOTC claim, but I don't think I'm making that up. Probably from the DVD extras but I'm too lazy to confirm.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Nominations? Absolutely. But I think it has those wins damn near locked up.

For possible noms I'd add -- VFX, Score, Costumes, Director, Picture, Actor (Chalamet), Supporting Actor (Butler).

It's hard to say this early in the year though.

Just got out, and I echo Chalamet and Butler. I think Ferguson gets a nod as well. She stole almost every scene she was in.

Watching the entire audience flinch every time the Voice gets used was amazing.
YouBet
AG
Wife and I watched part one last night to prep me for part two next week. Had not seen it since the theater. Didn't realize it has been two years since it came out.

And I forgot how awesome it was. Can't wait until next Monday.

Also, I still recommend Dune 84 and will always love it despite this one being superior...so far.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
YouBet said:

Wife and I watched part one last night to prep me for part two next week. Had not seen it since the theater. Didn't realize it has been two years since it came out.

Also, I still recommend Dune 84 and will always love it despite this one being superior...so far.

The SyFy dune was better than Dune'84... and the Chani actress in the SyFy version had some bigguns... she was definitely drinking extra water of life.
YouBet
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

YouBet said:

The SyFy dune was better than Dune'84... and the Chani actress in the SyFy version had some bigguns... she was definitely drinking extra water of life.
Have still never seen that.
bonfarr
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

YouBet said:

But does it have the Minecraft looking shields?
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
bonfarr said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

YouBet said:

But does it have the Minecraft looking shields?

I always thought Gumby, haha

Edit to add; video from SyFy
Decay
AG
If I sit second row at Cinemark it's like IMAX! Or something. Anyway about to see it. So far 0/10 no sex popcorn lids
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Claude!
YouBet said:

Right there with you on Dune 84 - I unironically love it.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Who bought the dune 2 popcorn vagina prop?
How was it?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
So I'm listening to the Dune Part 2 score this morning via my iTunes library on my iPad. The album art is on screen, which is the film's poster. Probably a result of the orange tinting in the poster but the Harkonnens don't appear at all as they do on screen. And what the fffffff is going on with Feyd's head? Looks like Megamind there. Did they do something CGI-wise ala Steve Rogers in Captain America the First Avenger with Austin Butler's head, or does he really have that huge forehead?
#FJB
DTP02
AG
Wanting to see this on a higher end "IMAX" screen.

Is there an easy way to compare/contrast the different options in Houston area?
The Porkchop Express
I haven't seen the film yet but Josh Brolin is the guest on Smartless today and one of the funniest / most honest guests they've ever had.

Homeboy is 56 with a 35 year old kid, a 30 year old kid, and then a 5 and a 3 year old too.

I'm bout minutes into an 80-minute pod and he's told some amazing stories about No Country for Old Men and he and Arnett working together on Jonah Hex.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
DTP02 said:

Edwards Marquee has the biggest screen in town in Imax but it's still not "true imax" ratio. But it's big. Not sure on their facility "niceness" though. I knew they were planning a renovation of the shopping center but not sure what stage they were at. Last time I was there 5-6 years ago they did not have any luxury seating like we're used to everywhere today.

I am going to see the IMAX Tomball Regal tonight and will let you know.
DTP02
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

DTP02 said:

Edwards Marquee has the biggest screen in town in Imax but it's still not "true imax" ratio. But it's big. Not sure on their facility "niceness" though. I knew they were planning a renovation of the shopping center but not sure what stage they were at. Last time I was there 5-6 years ago they did not have any luxury seating like we're used to everywhere today.

I am going to see the IMAX Tomball Regal tonight and will let you know.

Thanks, please do. That one and the one just north of the woodlands are probably the most convenient for me but heck if I can figure out how to compare the two.
bonfarr
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

I haven't seen the film yet but Josh Brolin is the guest on Smartless today and one of the funniest / most honest guests they've ever had.

Homeboy is 56 with a 35 year old kid, a 30 year old kid, and then a 5 and a 3 year old too.

I'm bout minutes into an 80-minute pod and he's told some amazing stories about No Country for Old Men and he and Arnett working together on Jonah Hex.

He isn't going to say anything nice about his work on Jonah Hex. He pisses on that film in every interview and he hates having been part of that movie. Apparently they didn't have a director a few weeks before the studio wanted everything set so they gave it to a young unknown guy that went out partying every night after the shoot and the movie was a big Turd.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
The Porkchop Express
bonfarr said:

He isn't going to say anything nice about his work on Jonah Hex. He pisses on that film in every interview and he hates having been part of that movie. Apparently they didn't have a director a few weeks before the studio wanted everything set so they gave it to a young unknown guy that went out partying every night after the shoot and the movie was a big Turd.
he actually said it wasn't that bad of a movie until the studio took control at the end of production.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Big Picture's breakdown is pretty great.
YouBet
AG
One thing about the first movie that I forgot about. Harkonnen was mispronounced. It is pronounced with a hard HARkonnen on the front of the word. I hope that was corrected in part two. Of course, I believe the mispronunciation was by the imposter Kynes and she is now dead.
Decay
AG
How do you mispronounce something that was never spoken out loud
YouBet
AG
Decay said:

How do you mispronounce something that was never spoken out loud

Because that's the way I want it to be. Wrong emoji
wangus12
AG
jr15aggie
AG

My brain still can't make the connection that he was Brand in The Goonies. So many of those kids from the most popular 80's movies never transitioned into real adult actors.

Brolin is just so dang good in some of his roles... it feels like it was somebody else that played Brand... somebody that played the role and was never heard from again like so many others from that era.
BCSWguru
This movie started out slow, and immediately picked up when Brolin arrived. No coincidence.
bonfarr
AG
jr15aggie said:

My brain still can't make the connection that he was Brand in The Goonies. So many of those kids from the most popular 80's movies never transitioned into real adult actors.

Brolin is just so dang good in some of his roles... it feels like it was somebody else that played Brand... somebody that played the role and was never heard from again like so many others from that era.

What's crazy is he was in Goonies as a teenaged actor but then it was really almost another two decades before he saw great success as an actor. He had roles in alot of unknown films until No Country For Old Men in the 2000s. He was almost 40 when he hit his stride.
The Porkchop Express
Just finishing the pod. Would recommend to anyone. He is really fantastic.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
jr15aggie said:

And he's married to Diane Lane.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.