*** DUNE: PART TWO ***

127,237 Views | 1414 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by AgfromHOU
Zeke1995
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Sea Speed said:

I dont care for that poster
It certainly doesn't need that caption "Long live the fighters". Blegh. Other than that I like it.
The studio almost went with "It's Dune-in' time!" but changed it at the last minute.
Quad Dog
AG
TCTTS said:

Pugh, so distraught over Spilner's rejection, went full Britney Spears and shaved her head this weekend…

Will Smith wouldn't like that joke.
Giggy Smalls
Zeke1995 said:

Chipotlemonger said:

Sea Speed said:

It certainly doesn't need that caption "Long live the fighters". Blegh. Other than that I like it.
The studio almost went with "It's Dune-in' time!" but changed it at the last minute.

Dune 2: "Look Who's Talking Now!!"
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
DUNE 2: Pugh 2.5/10. [/Spilner]
TCTTS
AG
heddleston
AG
Austin Butler looks absolutely terrifying as Feyd. Such an awesome and horrible character.
TCTTS
AG
Happy Dune Trailer Eve. Will premiere in the emded below, exactly 12 hours from now, at 11 AM Central…

CondensedFogAggie
Sea Speed said:

Here's a fan made one.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG

Morning folks. It's the day!
TexAgBolter
AG
Yep. Looks awesome. Can't wait.
Moral High Horse
Just hook it to my veins!!!!!
hunter2012
AG
Double down on the soundtrack, awesome.
swc93
AG
I had clicked on TCTTS's embed link and then opened other program windows, worked, had a meeting, phone calls...then music started playing and I couldn't figure out where in the hell it was coming from. It was the countdown on that link still actively running in the background.
hunter2012
AG
AliasMan02
AG
Any chance we get a theatrical rerelease of Part 1? Maybe with some extra footage?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I'm hyped. Part 1 got only better for me after every viewing. I think it's so slept on.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

I'm hyped. Part 1 got only better for me after every viewing. I think it's so slept on.
I only saw it once..Need to change that.
wangus12
AG
consigliere13
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Any chance we get a theatrical rerelease of Part 1? Maybe with some extra footage?
Would love an IMAX double feature on premier night.
TexAgBolter
AG
Max Power
AG
If Gurney isn't holding a pug in one hand and a machine gun in the other in this one, we riot.

TCTTS
AG
Finally had a chance too watch, and... holy sh*t.

First of all, props to a studio - Warner Bros, in this instance - at last, for releasing a trailer online to the masses in the IMAX ratio. This is a first that I can recall, and it looks GLORIOUS. Every studio should be doing this for every IMAX movie.

Secondly... after having watched the first movie more times than I can count, it's so surreal to be seeing *new* imagery and hearing *new* dialogue from this world. Especially when it all looks and sounds *this* incredible.

I absolutely cannot wait for this movie, easily my most anticipated of the year, and this first trailer certainly does not disappoint (and was also, thankfully, longer than I was expecting).
Carlo4
AG
TCTTS said:

(and was also, thankfully, longer than I was expecting).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Every time that vocal chant hits...

Quad Dog
AG
Bless the Maker
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Yes, this looks fantastic. Easily my second most anticipated movie this year (behind Indiana Jones, my favorite movie character and that movie looks to be closer to Raiders and Last Crusade than Doom or Skull).

But, I never had any doubt about DV adapting one of the best sci-fi books ever written. He did great work on the Blade Runner sequel, as well as Arrival. Then along comes Dune Part One. With perhaps one notable exception (dinner sequence), he nailed that book with the movie. This trailer shows that he has continued his firm grasp of the source material.
Al Bula
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

i have quite the opposite reaction. Besides Chalmet being a terrible Paul, the vocal Arabic noise is just filler that screams "hey, we can't figure out what sound goes here and we are afraid of uncomfortable silence because it makes the studio heads nervous, so we are going to put some canned Arabic chanting in here."

Visually, it all looks stunning but the whininess of Paul, poor casting in key roles and simplified dialogue that comes across as downright cringey really detract from this project.

Looks like another streaming movie for me; not worth the effort of the going to the theater.

If I can be impartial for a sec, this movie wouldn't move the needle for me at all as it looks like a run of the mill sci-fi joint, but it happens to be my favorite sci-fi story so I do pay close attention to how well (or not well as is the case) this adaptation is going.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's not canned. It's all recorded by Zimmer specifically for the movie.
Claude!
I don't love the Feyd-Rautha look. I get that they're trying for a continuity in the Harkonnen look, but Feyd-Rautha is supposed to be incredibly charismatic and this makes him look like a cross between Uncle Fester and the dude from Powder.
cbr
AG
Sorry, that's got the look of an all time great classic, worthy of the book, and part one was good enough to support that.
TCTTS
AG
David Happymountain said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

i have quite the opposite reaction. Besides Chalmet being a terrible Paul, the vocal Arabic noise is just filler that screams "hey, we can't figure out what sound goes here and we are afraid of uncomfortable silence because it makes the studio heads nervous, so we are going to put some canned Arabic chanting in here."

Visually, it all looks stunning but the whininess of Paul, poor casting in key roles and simplified dialogue that comes across as downright cringey really detract from this project.

Looks like another streaming movie for me; not worth the effort of the going to the theater.

If I can be impartial for a sec, this movie wouldn't move the needle for me at all as it looks like a run of the mill sci-fi joint, but it happens to be my favorite sci-fi story so I do pay close attention to how well (or not well as is the case) this adaptation is going.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Claude! said:

I don't love the Feyd-Rautha look. I get that they're trying for a continuity in the Harkonnen look, but Feyd-Rautha is supposed to be incredibly charismatic and this makes him look like a cross between Uncle Fester and the dude from Powder.
As a book reader I thought it was interesting for sure. However with all things DV I give a huge benefit of doubt.
wangus12
AG
You realize the books have a ton of Arabic undertones to it right? The music fits it perfectyl
TCTTS
AG
4K...

AliasMan02
AG
Leave bits on the GB, please.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.