*** DUNE: PART TWO ***

127,218 Views | 1414 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by AgfromHOU
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Keep it going, adapt all of Frank's books at the very least. I better see some abomination twins, an ancestor possessed sister, a sentient God-King-Worm, Duncan Idaho 1504th edition, and a intergalactic Bene gesserit war in my lifetime.
bluefire579
AG
TCTTS said:

Basically, it sounds like he's going to do at least one non-Dune movie next (Cleopatra?), and then possibly return to do Dune Messiah after that. So at the earliest, maybe 2027?
Maybe 2028 if it's as big a production as the Liz Taylor version
SpreadsheetAg
AG
hunter2012 said:

Keep it going, adapt all of Frank's books at the very least. I better see some abomination twins, an ancestor possessed sister, a sentient God-King-Worm, Duncan Idaho 1504th edition, and a intergalactic Bene gesserit war in my lifetime.

I'd want to see Miles Teg, he became my favorite character of the later books.
Al Bula
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

hunter2012 said:

I'd want to see Miles Teg, he became my favorite character of the later books.
I'm gonna have to insist we get Reverend Mother Bellonda. Really need to see if JV can bring her to life.
Quote:

Taraza lifted her gaze to Bellonda waiting in the doorway.

She is too fat! She flaunts that before us!
From the moment I read Heretics of Dune, the nun from Problem Child was Bellonda in my mind.

Flatlander
hunter2012 said:

Honored Matre kick-boxing tournament.
TCTTS
AG
Dune: Part Two
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15239678/
March 1, 2024
Theatrical Exclusive

YNWA_AG
AG
That trailer was insane. The Score was amazing
zgood10
Noblemen06
AG
Straight into my veins...I need it
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Shai-Hulud is coming for you.
RED AG 98
AG
I am ready.
RED AG 98
AG
Also, anyone else catch the Waco area code on the "Text Dune to 254..." at 2:37? I know it's just an SMS service but still that's seems pretty random.
TCTTS
AG
YNWA_AG said:

That trailer was insane. The Score was amazing

The score for the first movie is incredible, though obviously more moody and atmospheric. But this? This is Zimmer going straight hero mode. Hark(onn)ening back to his early '00s days, with hints of his Black Hawk Down score, and even I tiny bit of Gladiator in there well. This track just has that triumphant, rising, old school Zimmer vibe that I love so much, to the point where it instantly became one of my favorites *as* I was watching this trailer for the first time, which is saying a lot.

This trailer also reminds me of the third trailer for Man of Steel, which uses Zimmer's primary theme - and only his primary theme - throughout. Most trailers obviously use two or three different musical cues, but that one, and this one, each stick with a single, big, Zimmer hero track throughout the runtime, making it feel all the more special...

Carlo4
AG
3 more months… I wish it was here already!
TCTTS
AG
I don't know how, but I'm even more psyched for this movie now. Paul yelling "Silence!" at the Reverend Mother had me about ready to jump out of my seat. So many great moments like that in this trailer.
Carlo4
AG
The part were the worms come out of the sand storm….
Noblemen06
AG
MOS had awesome trailers
TCTTS
AG
Any excuse to post the best teaser of all time, I'll take it...

TCTTS
AG
As for this trailer, it's 10:37 AM here in California and I've already watched it four times. No telling what that count will be up to by the end of the day...
Claude!
Still don't like Feyd-Rautha's appearance. The bald hairless thing works for the Baron and Rabban, but on Austin Butler it looks like he's cosplaying as evil Powder.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Looks like DV pretty much nailed this book.
#FJB
Max Power
AG
That's a great trailer, no doubt, here's a few of my favorites. Man of Steel actually has multiple trailers that are all straight up awesome.

TCTTS
AG
WB's 4K YouTube upload of the trailer is more pixelated than usual for some reason, and below is the best alternative I've been able to find. It's not 4K, but is still incredible quality, and way better than the YouTube link, for anyone interested...

https://nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/vob-mlst/Jacques1400/ProRes/rev-1-dom_trlr_6a_txtd_PCM_1080p.mov
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS said:

Basically, it sounds like he's going to do at least one non-Dune movie next (Cleopatra?), and then possibly return to do Dune Messiah after that. So at the earliest, maybe 2027?

Chipotlemonger
AG
Is that a reliable source? Hope so!
TCTTS
AG
Extremely reliable source (I literally know him and can vouch for him personally), but it all still hinges on how long Villeneuve takes to make his next, non-Dune movie. He works fast, though, and seeing as the Messiah script is apparently almost done, 2027 seems totally doable.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
That is AWESOME news

Just please continue to mostly stick to the original source material and don't Star Wars or Marvel it up
The Porkchop Express
Ouch! Shots fired by Paul himself right at TC about how you can have spoilers on a 70-year-old book.

https://*******.com/3hxb3tpc

There are Dune 3, I guess spoilers in the URL so don't click it if you don't want to be spoiled.
Decay
AG
I'm just excited for how damn gross and weird the next two movies should be. Spoiler alert!!?! Worms?!
hunter2012
AG
TCTTS
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Ouch! Shots fired by Paul himself right at TC about how you can have spoilers on a 70-year-old book.

https://*******.com/3hxb3tpc

There are Dune 3, I guess spoilers in the URL so don't click it if you don't want to be spoiled.

TCTTS
AG
cone
AG
messiah is the proper end point
wangus12
AG
TCTTS said:

Any excuse to post the best teaser of all time, I'll take it...

To be fair, the Bridge of Khazad-dum makes everything great. As does most of the the LOTR soundtrack
hph6203
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.