*** DUNE: PART TWO ***

127,214 Views | 1414 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by AgfromHOU
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tell us about how Florence Pugh's character was described in the book.
The Collective
AG
Can't wait to watch on my iPhone. Tickets secured!
Decay
AG
The Collective said:

Can't wait to watch on my iPhone. Tickets secured!

I'm going to watch a surreptitiously recorded, dubbed version on an old faded 7" laptop screen just as Denis intended.

Edit: with the sound coming out of the speakers that produce equal amounts of dialogue and plastic crinkling noise
Ol Jock 99
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

She's hot.
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I can't. TCTTS isn't reading the book until 2047.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
TCTTS
TCTTS
AG
Sea Speed
AG
TCTTS said:

Won't lie, I've thought basically the same thing
Decay
AG
Dune is funny like that. 95% brand new incredibly deep lore, and some normal bland references that catch you way more off guard than the crazy ones
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
hunter2012
AG

This tweet is more reassuring than a thousand good reviews. Weird Dune is best Dune.
The Porkchop Express
TCTTS said:

Last tweet sure feels like a spoiler for movie crowd!
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
SpreadsheetAg
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

TCTTS said:

Last tweet sure feels like a spoiler for movie crowd!
not sure, but it sounds like something new to me apart from the books as well…

I recall from the books that the child went through the water of life changing and the many memories and pass down minds of all the mothers while in the womb, but I think went through a sort of madness since she had the mind of all those before (instant adult awareness and beyond) but was trapped in an infants body without physical ability to communicate.

I don't recall any telepathic ability. And I may be confusing Paul's sisters experience with his twin kids from Chani
TCTTS
AG
A) We already knew she was pregnant.
B) We agreed that info from trailers, interviews, official sources, etc were fair game. Seeing as this particular nugget came from an approved article with Villeneuve's involvement, I figured it was ok.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Agreed. If someone doesn't want anything spoiled at this point they really need to go dark.

I'm not watching anymore videos or trying to look at any pictures. The thing in that tweet is a "meh, alright" kind of spoiler if anything at all.

Edit to add: To be safe as possible, going dark in my mind includes not clicking into this thread.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Anyone who has read the book already knows about Alia's abilities (not sure if I spelled the girl's name right). Heck, if you saw the 1984 movie, this should not be a surprise.
#FJB
Decay
AG
PUMP IT DIRECTLY INTO MY MEMORY RECORDINGS

Quote:

DUNE: PART TWO features "an embryo who advises her mother from the womb"

hunter2012
AG
Here's a spoiler alert for you, coming to a theater near you...

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Anyone who has read the book already knows about Alia's abilities (not sure if I spelled the girl's name right). Heck, if you saw the 1984 movie, this should not be a surprise.

Also to be fair, they didn't say who the mother or child were in the tweet being referenced. It is highlighting how weird the universe can be, not trying to spoil plot developments.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
hunter2012 said:

Weird Dune is best Dune.
Correct but Weirding module is Bad Dune.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Also do I need to change my name to Embryonic Advisor now?
TCTTS
AG
This is nothing compared to the two MAJOR spoilers I've accidentally read this week, without warning, on social media. I get that it's a 60-year-old book, but I don't remember the plot points of any major adaptation like this being discussed so freely online.
Chipotlemonger
AG
TCTTS said:

This is nothing compared to the two MAJOR spoilers I've accidentally read this week, without warning, on social media. I get that it's a 60-year-old book, but I don't remember the plot points of any major adaptation like this being discussed so freely online.
I think it's in a completely unique setup in that the book was split into 2 parts for 2 movies. People are discussing it all free will because the book is old and half of it has already been on screen now. My advice TCTTS is just stay offline on all Dune content until you get to see the movie. Sorry you were spoiled about some stuff.
Ornithopter
AG
TCTTS said:

Just read the book then to enhance the viewing experience!
DTP02
AG
We rarely go to the movies anymore.

I told my wife I wanted to see Dune pt 2 in the theater and if she wanted to go with me she needed to watch Dune pt 1 with me first, which we did the other night.

She knows absolutely nothing about the Dune universe. So I gave her a brief rundown in advance and then had to pause several times to explain things further.

Granted, SciFi is not her bag, but she's a smart woman and a lot of the movie was lost on her.

The movie, as good and and good-looking as it is, isn't the most accessible. You can follow the broad strokes of the plot easily enough but it's pretty dense with specifics and nuance.

If Part 2 was to make even close to a billion dollars it would be kind of an unparalleled feat in my view. I can't think of a mega-blockbuster that was even in the same ballpark as Dune in terms of accessibility (familiar, not requiring prior knowledge, easily understood) to the general audience.

The Avatar plot was distilled from a child's cartoon by comparison.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Brief rundown?? We had a 200 level class before watching Dune Part 1.

TCTTS
AG
This is incredible.

Much respect.
Ol Jock 99
AG
We still had to pause the movie about 53 times.
TCTTS
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

TCTTS said:

I think it's in a completely unique setup in that the book was split into 2 parts for 2 movies. People are discussing it all free will because the book is old and half of it has already been on screen now. My advice TCTTS is just stay offline on all Dune content until you get to see the movie. Sorry you were spoiled about some stuff.

Yeah, I totally get it. Unfortunately, I have to be on Twitter for work, and there's no way to avoid just the Dune tweets. It wasn't anyone I follow who spoiled anything, but I use the "For You" tab as well, which feeds you other accounts based on who you follow, and it was a couple of those who, in the very first sentence, straight up said something like "Let's talk about [major spoiler]." It's fine, though. I've read plenty of scripts in advance for big movies, and anticipating how something is going to depicted can be just as interesting as the what/surprise itself.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Tell them

Paul = Robb Stark, Bran Stark, & Jon Snow combined
Embryonic Advisor = Arya

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.