*** DUNE: PART TWO ***

127,226 Views | 1414 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by AgfromHOU
Carlo4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

130 deleted shots. Not scenes. That said, between this video and all the others that channel has covered, there are easily AT LEAST 10 significant deleted scenes, if not 12-15 or so. Either way, I've never seen so much quality content left on the cutting room floor. To the point where there HAS to be an extended cut at some point. This stuff is too good otherwise.
You think Villenueva will be forced to walk back his public statements that what we saw on screen was the Director's Cut?
YouBet
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

The sisterhood??!!?!?!!!!!!;!!!

This show had better not be woke.
Considering their prime directive, we'll know pretty damn quick if they actually go woke. Hopefully, you won't eat these words.
The Dirty Sock
Hey! You're talking to my Sardaukar all wrong. It's the wrong tone. Do it again, I'll stab you in the face with a crysknife.
TCTTS
AG
YouBet said:

TCTTS said:

130 deleted shots. Not scenes. That said, between this video and all the others that channel has covered, there are easily AT LEAST 10 significant deleted scenes, if not 12-15 or so. Either way, I've never seen so much quality content left on the cutting room floor. To the point where there HAS to be an extended cut at some point. This stuff is too good otherwise.
You think Villenueva will be forced to walk back his public statements that what we saw on screen was the Director's Cut?

Villeneuve's initial version can still be the "director's cut." Then, if they do a new version, they can simply call it the "extended cut" or the "ultimate cut" or whatever.
Al Bula
AG
TCTTS
AG
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Has her husband the Count been cast or have I missed it?
Decay
AG
TCTTS said:

YouBet said:

TCTTS said:

Villeneuve's initial version can still be the "director's cut." Then, if they do a new version, they can simply call it the "extended cut" or the "ultimate cut" or whatever.

The remastered trilogy could be a 12 hour supercut called The Golden Path
Max Power
AG
TCTTS said:

I approve of this. She is quite talented, and nice to look at.

I also discovered recently she's part of the Schlumberger family, probably makes for a nice trust fund, and does some acting on the side.
wangus12
AG
Arrakis ecologist said:

Daniel Craig. They did a prequel about them last year
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
wangus12 said:

Arrakis ecologist said:

Daniel Craig. They did a prequel about them last year

Looks like the title was right!
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
I can handle this. Only moving back a month. The weekend before Thanksgiving makes more sense for a movie this big anyway…

The Dirty Sock
Quote:

Ornithopter
AG
I wanted de-aged Sting for Feyd
The Porkchop Express
TCTTS said:

I can handle this. Only moving back a month. The weekend before Thanksgiving makes more sense for a movie this big anyway…

That Hunger Games prequel is going to tank epicly.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Decay
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

TCTTS said:

What about that series made them think it was worth revisiting? I didn't even think it did well.
The Porkchop Express
Decay said:

helloimustbegoing said:

TCTTS said:

What about that series made them think it was worth revisiting? I didn't even think it did well.
Just my 2 cents, but the first book is great, the second is confusing, and third one reads like someone live streaming a video game.

The prequel book is interesting in parts but has one of the most poorly-written climaxes I can remember reading. I read it a few times thinking "I must be missing something here." But it was just a very undramatic ending.

The movie version is sure to be just a Pitch Meeting video of "Hey, that's the guy from the other movie!" over and over.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
TCTTS
AG
CC09LawAg
Have we heard for sure what part 2 will be covering? Is it only the rest of book 1 or will it be pulling from the next one as well?
NoHo Hank
AG
Almost certainly just book 1
Flatlander
If they have room to squeeze in more than the remainder of the first book, I'd rather see them incorporate some scenes scrapped from part one rather than pull in anything from book 2.
Faustus
Decay said:

helloimustbegoing said:

TCTTS said:

Keifer Sutherland said Mr. Snow was a more compelling character than Katniss and his backstory deserved exploration.
The Collective
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

The prequel book is interesting in parts but has one of the most poorly-written climaxes I can remember reading. I read it a few times thinking "I must be missing something here." But it was just a very undramatic ending.

The movie version is sure to be just a Pitch Meeting video of "Hey, that's the guy from the other movie!" over and over.

Now, imagine it's Star War.
Duncan Idaho
helloimustbegoing said:

Decay said:

helloimustbegoing said:

TCTTS said:

Just my 2 cents, but the first book is great, the second is confusing, and third one reads like someone live streaming a video game.

The first time I read this, I honestly didn't realize you weren't talking about the Dune prequels. I was getting ready to correct you and say "you are fake news. It is "hey that's a relative of that guy from the other movie" over and over again"
The Porkchop Express
The Collective said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Now, imagine it's Star War.
The worst of Star Wars looks like The Godfather Part II compared to Songbirds and Snakes
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Bird Poo
AG
It's going to suck waiting 1.5 years for this movie.

I have watched the first one 10+ times thanks to it being offered on SWA flights for free.
Dr. Mephisto
AG
Arrakis ecologist said:

Will the Sardaukar have a fever?

Oddly enough, one of the only verifiable but largely unknown ways to repel a Sand Worm? . . .

. . . More cowbell.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Decay said:

helloimustbegoing said:

TCTTS said:

The first time I read this, I honestly didn't realize you weren't talking about the Dune prequels. I was getting ready to correct you and say "you are fake news. It is "hey that's a relative of that guy from the other movie" over and over again"
I read this from the bottom up and though the same thing, that he was talking about the Dune Prequels. and had no qualms with his comment.......
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
NoHo Hank said:

Almost certainly just book 1
I still think you see a ghola Duncan in part 2 only because you don't cast Jason Momoa if you don't show that
TCTTS
AG

The Dirty Sock
The Porkchop Express
Guarantee you Pablo Escobar could handle the Gom Jabber without a problem.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
SpreadsheetAg
AG
In

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.