*** DUNE: PART TWO ***

127,215 Views | 1414 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by AgfromHOU
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who doesn't want a flesh light with their popcorn
Noblemen06
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
I take it you're not familiar with Lights Camera Jackson.
TCTTS
AG
It could still be a couple hours, but my obsessive refreshing of the showtime listings has begun. In fact, I have two theaters/tabs open, ready to grab IMAX tickets for either one the second they're available.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

It could still be a couple hours, but my obsessive refreshing of the showtime listings has begun. In fact, I have two theaters/tabs open, ready to grab IMAX tickets for either one the second they're available.
And there I was thinking I was the only one with this obsession.
#FJB
TCTTS
AG
Tickets are up!
RED AG 98
AG
In! Premeire screening in Austin at Bob Bullock on February 25th.
TCTTS
AG
The night of March 2nd at the Chinese Theater IMAX. Best six seats in the house.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Tickets secured for opening day first showing. No IMAX available in Katy.
#FJB
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thursday 7pm opening night in IMAX.
zgood10
AG
3/3 IMAX
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
I have never bought a popcorn bucket in my life. I will find that and purchase. Insert Fry take my money gif.
javajaws
AG
Arrakis ecologist said:

I have never bought a popcorn bucket in my life. I will find that and purchase. Insert Fry take my money gif.
Would you like extra butter with that?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Arrakis ecologist said:

User name checks out.
#FJB
TCTTS
AG
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
TCTTS said:

Is he singing it to a pug though?
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
I experienced this as well. I was trying to get backup tickets for a second viewing later in the week, at a different IMAX (the flagship AMC IMAX at Universal Sh*ttywalk), and it wasn't until later in the day that the site finally started working. I was only able to snag one ticket for the Tuesday night showing on March 5. Crazy...

heddleston
AG
What's a good resource for figuring out what theater to go to? I'm in the boonies, so it'll be a 2+hr drive from the closest theater with an imax, so it's no biggie if I need to go a little further to get the biggest/best screen and experience for this. I'm in deep Appalachia, so Atlanta, Knoxville, Chattanooga, Asheville, and maybe even Charlotte are options for me.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
heddleston said:

What's a good resource for figuring out what theater to go to? I'm in the boonies, so it'll be a 2+hr drive from the closest theater with an imax, so it's no biggie if I need to go a little further to get the biggest/best screen and experience for this. I'm in deep Appalachia, so Atlanta, Knoxville, Chattanooga, Asheville, and maybe even Charlotte are options for me.
https://www.imax.com/theatre/finder
#FJB
TCTTS
AG
At this point I think a billion worldwide is legitimately in play, with a low of $800M or so. The buzz is off the charts, screenings are selling out like crazy, and it has two full moths to cook at the box office before summer, with not a ton of completion during that time (mainly just Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire and Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire)...

Moral High Horse
I'm going to see it twice.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You're saying the low of this movie is $800M domestic, and a top 5 movie of all time?

I know, I assume you mean worldwide.

I know we've debated this one before and I still see no chance of $1B, but I do think $600M+ is definitely on the table now. (Which would already be a 50% increase from the first one.)

Would love to be wrong and see it hit $800M, but I just don't see it doubling the first.
TCTTS
AG
Sorry, yes, I meant worldwide.

As for doubling the first one, again, there are two major asterisks to consider...

- Part One was released on HBO Max the same day it was released in theaters.

- Part One was released during the pandemic. Yes, it was the tail end of the pandemic, but there was still a ton of hesitation to return to theaters in October 2021.

In other words, that $402M worldwide is a lot lower than it otherwise would have been, i.e. demand/interest would have been higher.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Plus, Wonka was a bigger hit than expected and Chalamet is even more well known around the world now.

But, that's just too huge a jump, imo. Again, would love to be wrong.
TCTTS
AG
Good point, re: Chalemet.

Also, the star power is off the charts this go around, with the additions of Butler and Pugh, and a much-expanded Zendaya role as well.

I don't know, considering the buzz we've heard so far, I'm just getting the feeling that it's going to be one of those blockbusters that really resonates with audiences and leads to tons of repeat viewings for weeks on end. Heck, I've already bought tickets for two different showtimes, days apart, which I've never done this far in advance.

We also haven't had a big, crowd-pleasing blockbuster since Barbenheimer, seeing as the holiday season was pretty much a dud last year. In other words, audiences are primed and starved for a big budget box office hit again, and this one could very well deliver in that regard.
TCTTS
AG

https://www.gamesradar.com/dune-part-two-exclusive-images/
The Porkchop Express
TCTTS said:

Also, the star power is off the charts this go around, with the additions of Butler and Pugh, and a much-expanded Zendaya role as well.

Hope you're not putting Pugh in a star class with Zendaya. I have it on good authority that Pugh once asked out Spilner and he told her he was washing his hair that night.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.