*** DUNE: PART TWO ***

127,234 Views | 1414 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by AgfromHOU
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A bit over 48 hours away for a lot of us.
YNWA_AG
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

A bit over 48 hours away for a lot of us.

You mean almost 48 hours away from my second showing
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
PDWT_12
AG
Imagine not having seen this movie.

Could not possibly be me.
TCTTS
AG
Technically Dune related, but also not. Just thought it'd be a fun game. She's since said it's not Tom Cruise and not Hugh Jackman. The consensus seems to be The Rock during filming for Hercules, for a number of reasons, but who knows...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Gotta be The Rock, and it's probably no coincidence that he fell out with most of his F&F costars either, who never had an issue with anyone else.
TCTTS
AG
People are going DEEP in their research. There were thoughts for a while that it might be Michael Fassbender, but then people found pics of them together on the red carpet at the movie's premiere, and also video of them being chummy and laughing during the movie's press junket.

The Rock is apparently the only one who fits all criteria - no pics of them together at the premiere, insecure enough in his acting to potentially be a d*ck, etc - while Hercules was 2014, before Ferguson became a "name"/famous with Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation in 2015. Otherwise, I just can't see anyone treating her like sh*t after getting the Tom Cruise stamp of approval and breaking out like she has since then.
YNWA_AG
AG
Jake gyllenhaal is really the option I see. I don't see that for ewan mcgregor
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, Gyllenhaal is the other name being batted around. And I guess Life (2017) was still before she truly took off with The Greatest Showman, Mission: Impossible - Fallout, and Doctor Sleep.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I've never heard of the rock being an ahole, is that semi common industry knowledge?
DallasTeleAg
My thoughts exactly. That would surprise the hell out of me to learn how much of an ******* the Rock is on set.

Jake Gyllenhaal, I could see, while taking himself so seriously.

Definitely not Cruise, seeing how close they seem on rec carpets and press junkets.
TCTTS
AG
I've never heard of The Rock being an outright assh*le, but I have heard of him being somewhat petty and demanding. For instance, he apparently has a "No Lose" clause in his contract, guaranteeing that his characters can never be bested or beaten by anyone on screen. Which, if true, is the hallmark of an insecure person (as opposed to, say, Tom Cruise, whose characters are always failing/getting their asses kicked, until they succeed in the very end).
veryfuller
Staff
AG
Guys….is it Emily Blunt….????
Decay
AG
The Rock has a no lose contract? He was in the WWE ffs
Prosperdick
AG
TCTTS said:

I've never heard of The Rock being an outright assh*le, but I have heard of him being somewhat petty and demanding. For instance, he apparently has a "No Lose" clause in his contract, guaranteeing that his characters can never be bested or beaten by anyone on screen. Which, if true, is the hallmark of an insecure person (as opposed to, say, Tom Cruise, whose characters are always failing/getting their asses kicked, until they succeed in the very end).
Reminds me of a recent Rewatchables of Under Siege and what a TRUE a-hole Steven Seagal was. He of course had a no lose clause but it was even worse where they couldn't land a SINGLE punch on him and once you realize this all the fight scenes look ridiculous.

Supposedly they had to edit some of the footage of the final fight scene with him and Tommy Lee Jones because at one point there was some blood on Steven's face and later it's mysteriously gone to ensure that nobody could touch him.
TCTTS
AG
veryfuller said:

Guys….is it Emily Blunt….????

Interesting choice I haven't seen mentioned anywhere else.

She seems pretty cool, though? And the opposite of insecure?
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I mean I don't WANT it to be her. It just seems like Ferguson goes out of her way to keep the gender of the person hidden. Makes me think it's a woman.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
Hugh Grant makes A LOT of sense. Have heard that dude can be insufferable.
Moral High Horse
Maybe RF is a pain in the ass to work with as well and whoever the costar was (probably an equal pita) just lost their s*** and we're just hearing her side first.
TCTTS
AG
Eh, all signs point to her being one of the nicest, coolest, most down to earth stars around. She also frequently talks about striving to create a welcoming environment on set, and seems to hate the "hierarchy" structure certain sets are known for.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, doubt Tom Cruise would bring her back three times in the M:I movies otherwise.
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

I mean Godzilla had the same clause, the Rock probably heard that and told his agent to make it happen
The Porkchop Express
Reading between the lines it sounds like the Rock bullied Disney into making the live action Moana movie or he would bail on his film contract. And his delusional takes about how successful Black Adam was definitely fall in line with some primadona behavior as well.
TCTTS
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

I guess he did not like losing in The Mummy Returns when he first appeared as the scorpion king?
#FJB
The Porkchop Express
On the other side of it, maybe Rebecca Ferguson is just a *****.
The Blue Goose
AG
TCTTS said:

Sounds sort of like the 'No Villains' rule for Apple iPhone.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/26/apple-wont-let-bad-guys-use-iphones-in-movies-says-knives-out-director.html
PDWT_12
AG
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

On the other side of it, maybe Rebecca Ferguson is just a *****.

Moral High Horse
TCTTS said:

Eh, all signs point to her being one of the nicest, coolest, most down to earth stars around. She also frequently talks about striving to create a welcoming environment on set, and seems to hate the "hierarchy" structure certain sets are known for.

That's why I said maybe. Either way I avoid celebrities at all cost. They should be viewed from afar at most.
YNWA_AG
AG
wangus12
AG
If it wasn't the Rock. its probably Hugh Grant right
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not surprised The Rock's insecurity had him run to the internet to say it wasn't him.

Hugh Grant's gotta be it. Always heard from other actors' interviews he can be a massive ******bag.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.