*** DUNE: PART TWO ***

127,205 Views | 1414 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by AgfromHOU
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was. They divorced a while back and he already has a couple kids with a new wife.
Prosperdick
AG
jr15aggie said:

The Porkchop Express said:

I haven't seen the film yet but Josh Brolin is the guest on Smartless today and one of the funniest / most honest guests they've ever had.

My brain still can't make the connection that he was Brand in The Goonies. So many of those kids from the most popular 80's movies never transitioned into real adult actors.

Brolin is just so dang good in some of his roles... it feels like it was somebody else that played Brand... somebody that played the role and was never heard from again like so many others from that era.
LB12Diamond
AG
Yep, did the 20 years younger and a couple more kids.

Diane Lane is a catch. To each their own.
schmendeler
AG
This might have already been asked and answered, so apologies if so, but when will we hear something definite about part 3/book 2? The reception has been overwhelmingly positive to this second installment. I gotta think it's only a matter of time, right?
TCTTS
AG
It'll definitely happen. My guess is this week. But likely just a vague, Dune-Messiah-is-officially greenlit, Denis-Villeneuve-is-back-to-direct announcement. It'll probably be a while until we get an actual release date. Once DV decides what his next movie is, and we know the scale of it, I'm sure we'll get a more precise timeline. Unless, of course, they've already had that conversation, want to pull an Avatar, and go ahead and lock down a release date in 2028/2029.
schmendeler
AG
Right on, thanks!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I mean considering the cast that's in talks for Cleopatra (Zendaya, Chalamet, Daniel Craig), I think he should do that next and take advantage of having two of the biggest stars at their height, and then roll right into Messiah with the same actors.

And my guess is they may even shoot in the same location.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed, but DV said he doesn't just need a break from Dune, he needs a break from the desert, which is obviously where a chunk of Cleopatra would shoot.

The other argument I keep seeing is that because DV may never be as hot as he is right now, he should cash in and do Rendezvous with Rama next, considering how weird and massively expensive that movie will be. He might not ever have studios so willing to throw money at him/give him exactly what he wants, so he should take advantage. Then again, it probably doesn't make the most sense to make another, futuristic/unrelated space epic before finishing up Dune.

Finally, of course, there's the "secret" project he recently mentioned, that he says is time sensitive for whatever reason (likely having to do with the subject matter). So maybe that's next?

Basically, it sounds like each project has a valid reason to be next, and I'm so curious which one it will be.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Selfishly, he's had such a strangehold on science fiction, that I want to see him do a historical epic like Cleopatra rather than another big, "weird" sci-fi (as much as I'd love to see it too), just to see him do something a little different. And something he hasn't done before.
The Porkchop Express
LB12Diamond said:

Yep, did the 20 years younger and a couple more kids.

Diane Lane is a catch. To each their own.

Not an upgrade over Diane Lane, but 37 and 5-10 isn't too bad either when you're 56
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Eh. I'll take Rebecca Ferguson (40) over her, all day erry day.
heddleston
AG
Apache
AG

The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

She was going to ask you out until she heard how you bashed Florence Pugh.
maca1028
Best theater in Houston to see it?
TCTTS
AG
At this point we might as well start a separate "This is how you Dune it: Houston Edition" thread.
TCTTS
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

She was going to ask you out until she heard how you bashed Florence Pugh.

"You had your chance, Spilner."

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Man that is a huge disparity.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
maca1028 said:

Best theater in Houston to see it?

The ONLY logical choice is Edwards Marq'e.
YouBet
AG
wangus12 said:

Frank Herbert? Never heard of her.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
DTP02 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

DTP02 said:

Wanting to see this on a higher end "IMAX" screen.

Is there an easy way to compare/contrast the different options in Houston area?

Edwards Marquee has the biggest screen in town in Imax but it's still not "true imax" ratio. But it's big. Not sure on their facility "niceness" though. I knew they were planning a renovation of the shopping center but not sure what stage they were at. Last time I was there 5-6 years ago they did not have any luxury seating like we're used to everywhere today.

I am going to see the IMAX Tomball Regal tonight and will let you know.

Thanks, please do. That one and the one just north of the woodlands are probably the most convenient for me but heck if I can figure out how to compare the two.

Tomball Regal was great... sat in Row I and it was just about perfect ... huge screen but not titanic; seemed great to me.
DTP02
AG
Gracias!
A is A
AG
DTP02 said:

Gracias!

Tomball Regal is good. I saw part one there. Obviously Edwards Marq'E is the best.

I saw part two in RPX at Benders landing (99) which was a large ass screen but seats were not great. My preference was imax at tomball. If you can wait, go see it at Edwards Marq'E.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
FYI; the IMAX chairs at Tomball were not luxury seats, they were padded flip seats... the rest of the theater is luxury loungers so not sure why IMAX was a not. Not horrible but not what I've grown used to for movie going experience
Rocagnante
AG
A is A said:

DTP02 said:

Gracias!

Tomball Regal is good. I saw part one there. Obviously Edwards Marq'E is the best.

I saw part two in RPX at Benders landing (99) which was a large ass screen but seats were not great. My preference was imax at tomball. If you can wait, go see it at Edwards Marq'E.

Saw it on the IMAX at AMC Gulf Pointe. Big screen for sure…looked and sounded great but not the true Imax people talk about.
schmendeler
AG
Moar capacity!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brolin hosting SNL this weekend.

hunter2012
AG
$81.5M opening Domestic
canadiaggie
AG
hunter2012 said:

$81.5M opening Domestic
Quote:

Not even the prophetic visions of Timothe Chalamet's Paul Atreides, the messianic protagonist of "Dune," could have predicted the commercial appeal of director Denis Villeneuve's ambitious interplanetary epics.
After all, when the long-in-the-works adaptation finally gained momentum in 2017, it was superheroes, not cerebral stories, that ruled the box office. "Dune," in particular, was notoriously difficult to translate to cinema, as Hollywood learned from director David Lynch's disastrous 1984 version.
It wasn't just sci-fi fans, but general audiences, too, who helped "Dune: Part Two" ride those massive sandworms to the top of box office charts. The big-budget sequel has collected a bigger-than-expected $82.5 million in North America and $182.5 million globally in its first weekend of release.
https://variety.com/2024/film/news/dune-2-box-office-analysis-opening-weekend-timothee-chalamet-1235928762/

182.5M global opening, sheesh
Decay
AG
Mentat, how many madam webs is that
YouBet
AG
Dune 84 was not disastrous.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

That is exactly 2 Madame Webs. (Total WW.)
Moral High Horse
Would have been just 1 madame web if this was the movie poster. But I was not consulted.

bonfarr
AG
Moral High Horse said:

Would have been just 1 madame web if this was the movie poster. But I was not consulted.

That body was so wasted covered up in a nuns habit in The Handmaids Tale. Love me some Sydney Sweeney
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Moral High Horse
I would have titled it: Madame's Swingers, The Snyder Cut

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.