*** DUNE: PART TWO ***

127,224 Views | 1414 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by AgfromHOU
powerbelly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Quote:

To an extent Paul should be a larger actor, Chalamet is a small guy, and Paul is supposed to be a natural leader of men.
Completely disagree. Paul is supposed to be slight and not physically imposing. Several times in the book characters remark that Paul is small for 15.
YouBet
AG
powerbelly said:

Quote:

To an extent Paul should be a larger actor, Chalamet is a small guy, and Paul is supposed to be a natural leader of men.
Completely disagree. Paul is supposed to be slight and not physically imposing. Several times in the book characters remark that Paul is small for 15.
Yes, i made this same comment and when I reread Dune right before the movie came out I realized i was wrong.
Duncan Idaho
powerbelly said:

Quote:

This.

He was a leader because of his breading and training, not his size.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
In the immortal words of Gurney Halleck, "you bake when the sourdough rises, no matter the mood."
Duncan Idaho
Never doubt the power of panko.
Bird Poo
AG
He had to play a teenager and teens do not put themselves out there, naturally. I do agree that the movie did not illustrate his intellect or Bene Gesserit training, which was disappointing.

We will see how good of an actor Tim is in Part II. There, he will have to lead millions, be a husband, and defeat the Harkonens in the same movie. His character will be completely different.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Just finished Chapterhouse... what a great series
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
powerbelly said:

Quote:

So Tom Cruise could still play Paul.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Never doubt the power of panko.

On Caladan, we ruled through Grain and Seed power. On Arrakis, we need to cultivate Dessert power.
hunter2012
AG
powerbelly said:

Quote:

Your would think his Fremen name, Muad'Dib, aka the Desert Mouse. would be a solid hint. It's why they showed the mouse in the movie.
Duncan Idaho
Little known fact: Earlier versions of the manuscript had it as Paul Soyboy atreides.
TyHolden
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Little known fact: Earlier versions of the manuscript had it as Paul Soyboy atreides.
Flatlander

Quote:

I can't even describe it, there's something about the way she holds the needle in the new one vs the needle just being on the tip of her finger in the Lynch film.

I do like the look of the needle in the new movie better. But it really annoys me how much her hand is wavering in that scene. She's a Bene gesserit with perfect muscle control. That needle should have been rock solid.
bonfarr
AG
TCTTS said:

Brilliant casting, this dude has a seriously punchable face.
TCTTS
AG
The Porkchop Express
bonfarr said:

TCTTS said:

Brilliant casting, this dude has a seriously punchable face.
SPOILERS MAN
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
TCTTS
AG
Apache
AG
Quote:

Your would think his Fremen name, Muad'Dib, aka the Desert Mouse. would be a solid hint. It's why they showed the mouse in the movie.

Yeah but he's also Usul, aka the Strength at the Base of the Pillar.
Suppose the contradiction of names represents the Duality of Man. Or something like that.
Ulrich
Apache said:

Quote:

Yeah but he's also Usul, aka the Strength at the Base of the Pillar.
Suppose the contradiction of names represents the Duality of Man. Or something like that.

The book also says he's literally small about a dozen times.
TCTTS
AG
Renck is legit. This also tells me they're gearing up to hopefully have this ready around the time the sequel movie hits…

Duncan Idaho
Duncan Idaho
The sisterhood??!!?!?!!!!!!;!!!

This show had better not be woke.
Apache
AG
Awesome! Would love to see this show touch on the Butlerian Jihad and the formation of the Metats/Spicing Guild as well. Not sure if those timelines all line up though.
Apache
AG
My post was a joke btw.
Al Bula
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Just finished Chapterhouse... what a great series
congrats on finishing it out. very rewarding despite the obvious plans for another volume by FH.

Don't even think of picking up the garbage by his son and Kevin J. Anderson.

Edited to add: I've grown to appreciate the later novels even more upon my last reread last year. Dune 4 (we will call it that to not encroach upon the "no spoilers because novel readers REEEEEEEEEEE" crowd) is a great bookend to Dunes 2 and 3. Dunes 5 and 6 are superb stand-alones that feel satisfying as far future sci-fi pieces with some continuity to the others.
Duncan Idaho

At least 130 deleted scenes???!!!!?!!!
TCTTS
AG
130 deleted shots. Not scenes. That said, between this video and all the others that channel has covered, there are easily AT LEAST 10 significant deleted scenes, if not 12-15 or so. Either way, I've never seen so much quality content left on the cutting room floor. To the point where there HAS to be an extended cut at some point. This stuff is too good otherwise.
AliasMan02
AG
WHOA

TCTTS
AG
Whoa.
Ornithopter
AG
I think I like this casting.
Whos Juan
AG
Walk without rhythm and we won't attract the worm

Sex Panther
AG
I'd be just fine with Christopher Walken being emperor of the galaxy
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Will the Sardaukar have a fever?
Apache
AG
Walken is a great actor, but he has been on Saturday Night Live & parodied so much the past 20 years it may be tough to separate the character from the actor.
schmendeler
AG
He was great on Severance

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.