*** DUNE: PART TWO ***

127,238 Views | 1414 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by AgfromHOU
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Faustus said:

YouBet said:

TCTTS said:

"Let's release two full trailers that will play all summer long, before all the biggest movies, and then, the day before the big Empire cover drop, which can't be delayed since these things are planned months in advance, let's announce five-month delay of the release of the movie itself. We could move it to December, and give it Aquaman 2's release date, since that movie doesn't have a single trailer yet, which would make perfect sense and actually give December a traditional blockbuster everyone will go see, but no, let's leave Aquaman 2 on that prime, Avatar/Star Wars/Lord of the Rings spot, and move Dune to f/cking March."

Frankly, I think we are burying the lead here. By moving Dune 2 to March, that in turn, deferred the next Godzilla vs Kong film which is the real travesty.
Or they're looking at Barbie/Oppenheimer type synergy. Godzilla/Kong v. Messiah/Worm.

Crossover event with Dune and Monsterverse!

Paul rides Godzilla instead of a worm through the wall. Make it so!
TCTTS
AG

Al Bula
AG
As much crap as I give the Dune movies for the obvious flaws, I am intrigued by a potential Dune Messiah film. There are some interesting themes in the other Dune novels. The fourth book drags on through a lot of unnecessary stuff so both novels could be combined to tell a compelling story.
YouBet
AG
Not sure I would even care to see Dune Messiah. It's a fairly boring book with no action and it almost solely takes place inside.

I'm wondering if he would combine some of the third book with it...
Rocagnante
AG
Upon realizing Dune II really has been delayed until 2024….

&ct=g
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Formerly titled Dune: The Sisterhood...

Ornithopter
AG
Rendezvous with Rama would be awesome, especially with a 2001 sort of vibe
The Porkchop Express
DubFalls said:

Rendezvous with Rama would be awesome, especially with a 2001 sort of vibe
1st book - amazing
subsequent books - I felt like I needed a PhD to figure out what was happening.

At some point in the 90s they almost made the first one with Morgan Freeman attached I think.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, David Fincher took a shot it, with Morgan Freeman attached, in the '00s, but they had trouble funding it, and also apparently couldn't quite crack it.
Ornithopter
AG
Oh man, the further that series goes the weirder it gets. But, the first book is really good.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
The Dune Messiah film makes total sense based on certain casting decisions.
The Porkchop Express
DubFalls said:

Oh man, the further that series goes the weirder it gets. But, the first book is really good.
Yeah just seeing the title makes me want to re-read the first one. I think I was probably a teenage when I read the first one. My dad loves those books.
Al Bula
AG
RwR is interesting for sure. I read it when I was 11 or 12 and remember liking it mostly except the climax and ending seemed to be a letdown. I'm torn between researching the plot and just forgetting about it until it comes on, whenever that may be.

Back to Dune… looks like Dune: Prophecy is going to be a streaming show based on the garbage fan fiction by Anderson and Frank's son. Nothing to get excited about. Hard pass for sure.
CC09LawAg
Maybe this belongs in the LEGO thread...
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
CC09LawAg said:

Maybe this belongs in the LEGO thread...

Told my wife to buy this for me for Christmas but it doesn't release until Feb.......
CC09LawAg
I normally go back and forth for months on buying stuff I don't need like this, but I instantly preordered this one. It is a pretty big surprise for LEGO to release a set for a franchise like this.
maca1028
We should be in the spoiler thread by now.
TCTTS
AG
Rocagnante
AG
Whatever. Like maca said we should be deep in a spoiler thread by now. WB can go **** themselves. (Of course I'll still be there opening weekend but at least I showed them on an anonymous message board! Lol)
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
With the release of the character posters today, I wouldn't be surprised if the third (and likely final) trailer was attached to Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom on December 22nd, seeing as both are Warner Bros movies. Which would of course mean an online release here relatively soon, sometime in the next two or three weeks.
redline248
AG
Florence Pugh

Can't wait to watch this. Where is part 1 available to stream for a re-watch?
TCTTS
AG
Max and Netflix.
redline248
AG
thx
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Didn't those posters just spoiler something, if you haven't read the book?
TCTTS
AG
I don't see how?
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
TCTTS said:

I don't see how?

did you actually know Gurney was alive? Did we see him after the battle? I am forgetting . That was one of the better reveals in the book and Lynch movie. I guess if you paid attention to the stars listed for the movie you knew it.
TCTTS
AG
He appears in the second trailer multiple times and even has a speaking line. He was also officially announced as part of the cast long before that. The filmmakers aren't keeping his appearance a secret.
Chipotlemonger
AG
TCTTS said:

He appears in the second trailer multiple times and even has a speaking line. He was also officially announced as part of the cast long before that. The filmmakers aren't keeping his appearance a secret.

Yea it's a stretch to call it a spoiler. There are other things that could be spoiled post Dune 2 if they want to continue at all with certain characters though.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
Basically, it sounds like he's going to do at least one non-Dune movie next (Cleopatra?), and then possibly return to do Dune Messiah after that. So at the earliest, maybe 2027?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.