*** DUNE: PART TWO ***

127,232 Views | 1414 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by AgfromHOU
Quad Dog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Meanwhile, we hear Renck's auteur approach did not jibe with the streamer's vision for the series and was a departure from the look of Denis Villeneuve's films, which led to his departure
Departing from the look of anything Villeneuve does is a good reason to replace someone.

Hopefully the replacement is an awakened Ghola so that too much progress isn't lost.
TCTTS
AG
Definitely in agreement that it's for the better, given that news. Just sucks that it'll be delayed that much longer.
johncAG
AG
I was literally just talking to a friend about why I hadnt heard anything about this series in a while. I guess this news is better than no news. I love this universe feel.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
TCTTS said:

Well this sucks. I don't see how they aren't forced to scrap basically everything they've shot since November…

1. Make 4 episodes with existing footage.
2. One CGI explosion
3. Have a completely different show because of the explosion.
4. Profit.
TCTTS
AG
I need a trailer for this ASAP…

TCTTS
AG
Btw, I'm guessing next month is when we finally get the first trailer. If I had to bet, I'd say it premieres at Cinema-Con the last week of April, and is then in theaters the next week with GOTG3. So online at some point during that two-week span.
The Porkchop Express
I can't wait to see the big fight!
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
TCTTS
AG
Basically exactly what I was saying, except I don't think there's any way they wait until June…

TCTTS
AG
The big Christmas blockbuster every year almost always sees its first trailer debut in theaters the first week of May, with whatever the big Marvel movie is, and is almost always online the week or two prior. Considering Dune is releasing six weeks before the big Christmas blockbuster (which, unfortunately, is the Aquaman sequel this year), early May with GOTG3 is the *latest* I see them debuting the first trailer, if not earlier. That, and Cinema-Con being the week before is just too perfect.
TCTTS
AG
The Real Napster
7 months? That's like forever
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
It also sounds like the first trailer is, indeed, imminent. Again, hopefully end of this month/early May-ish. There's been talk that, since Warner Bros has started holding off on marketing a number of their movies too early, the trailer might not debut until June with The Flash. But I recently talked to a friend of mine, who's in a position to know, and they've already seen multiple cuts of the first trailer. I never pry or ask for more details, since they're usually skittish about divulging too much, but I definitely got the impression that the trailer is just around the corner. Not to mention, the first trailer for The Marvels is dropping in a matter of hours, and that movie comes out a week *after* Dune: Part Two. So we're definitely starting to get into November/December blockbuster trailer territory, which always happens around CinemaCon in late April/early May with the big Marvel movie (this one being GOTG3).
The Porkchop Express
If that guy won't give you details, he isnt really your friend.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
TCTTS
AG
There's a good reason that they don't. Also, again, I don't ask. When you have friends in the industry who know a lot of secret sh*t it can make things awkward if you're just hitting them up for news every time you see them.
The Porkchop Express
Well then that's 2 bad friends. Why can't you think about us for once?
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Carlo4
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Well then that's 2 bad friends. Why can't you think about us for once?
Flatlander
The Porkchop Express said:

If that guy won't give you details, he isnt really your friend.
I was a friend of Jamis, Jamis taught me... that... when you kill... you pay for it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I've noticed that studios are waiting longer and longer to start their marketing campaigns, and I think it's actually kind of cool to not see anything until just a few months before release.

Especially after having to live through the pandemic and some movies who's marketing campaigns ended up going for years. Looking at you, Maverick. Seriously, that movie had trailers showing for over 2 years right? That's gotta be an all-time record.
The Porkchop Express
They filmed Maverick in 2006.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
TCTTS
AG
Basically, exactly what I've been saying, with a few additional nuggets. From the video below...

- The teaser trailer will likely premiere at CinemaCon during the Warner Bros panel on Wednesday, April 25 (next week).

- The teaser trailer will likely premiere in theaters nine days later on Thursday, May 4 with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.

- The teaser trailer will likely be online at some point between its CinemaCon debut and its theatrical debut.

- There will likely be another Vanity Fair behind-the-scenes spread/article, same as for the first movie, this one on Tuesday, May 2.

- A full trailer will then potentially release with either The Flash on June 16 or Barbie/Oppenheimer on July 21. (IMO, there's no way it debuts with The Flash, and even July 21st feels too early to me, but who knows).

- The movie itself will potentially premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival (Villeneuve is Canadian, so this makes sense) during the second week of September, which would be seven weeks before it debuts in theaters.

TCTTS
AG
Chipotlemonger
AG
Have you started reading yet?
TCTTS
AG
Not reading until I've seen both movies.
Chipotlemonger
AG
TCTTS said:

Not reading until I've seen both movies.

Yea at this point that's probably best
TCTTS
AG
A reminder that tomorrow is Warner Bros' big panel at CinemaCon in Vegas, where they'll almost assuredly be privately screening the first Dune: Part Two trailer for press and theater owners. If so, at the very least, we'll get immediate reactions, but the trailer itself could drop online anytime between its premiere at the panel (which should start around noon central tomorrow) and next Thursday, before likely premiering in theaters with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. I'm obviously hoping WB drops it immediately after it premiers at CinemaCon, which they've before with certain trailers - or - they could wait and hold it until next week to coincide with a bigger marketing push that involves the rumored Vanity Fair spread. I have no idea which it'll be, all I know is that A) it's my most anticipated trailer of the year, and B) it's sounding more and more like we'll finally be seeing it at some point in the next 10 days.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.