BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2016)

538,163 Views | 1547 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
Kate Beckett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sweet baby Jesus I am gonna be broke.
Justin2010
AG
Sorry, posted this in the old thread:

Hungry Howie's second BCS location opening early to mid April. There'll be food give-aways for the grand opening. And they'll be giving away free pizza for a year to at least one and maybe 2/3 people.

The second location will be in Bryan, just north of University on Texas Avenue. Near Yesterday's.
Kate Beckett
AG
Another place to eat close to work (Bank of America building). Bravo.
OlderAggie
AG
Hoping for Bryan / College Station to get the following soon:
Luby's,
Which Wich Superior Sandwiches,
Rubio's - Home of the Original Fish Taco,
Culver's - Home of the ButterBurgers,
Braum's Ice Cream & Burger Restaurant,
Steak 'n Shake,
In-N-Out Burger,
White Castle,
Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles,
Pasta House,
But-ee's,
Waffle House,
Stuckey's,
The Original Pancake House,
David Beard's Catfish King.
dgonzo99
Would love to have a Braum's. Their ice cream rivals Blue Bell. Which Wich is here, but only on TAMU campus. I would like to have a Carraba's. Really surprised that we don't have one, since the Carraba family here in Bryan used to be associated with the chain. Where is the closest Stuckey's?
ChipFTAC01
AG
bCS is too far south to get a braums. All of their stores are within a 300 MI radius of their farm. Corsicana is as far south as they go
superunknown
AG
Pretty sure Stuckeys no longer exists.
halibut sinclair
quote:
Pretty sure that's not true:

http://www.stuckeys.com

quote:
As of May 2015, Stuckey's has over 115 stores in 17 states.
superunknown
AG
Interesting. The ones I remember along I35 are all something else now.
The Original AG 76
AG
The only Stuckeys I've seen open in decades is on I-10 near Beaumont eastbound. It's a dump. Been driving a lot all over SEC country for the last few years and haven't seen any others.
halibut sinclair
A quick look at the map on the Stuckey's website shows the locations as being in Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Illinois, Missouri and Kansas. Looks like most of them are around D/FW and in Mississippi. Looks like a whole lot less than 115 stores in 17 states.
Goose83
AG
quote:
quote:
Pretty sure that's not true:

http://www.stuckeys.com

quote:
As of May 2015, Stuckey's has over 115 stores in 17 states.

Today's "Stuckeys" are not "Stuckeys" in the classic sense anymore, as they are no longer the proto-Buccees style travel centers that drivers back in the 60's knew and loved. Today, they are basically little more than regular gas station/convenience stores that happen to sell Stuckey's branded products alongside regular everyday items.

Sorry, but to those of us old enough to remember, a station devoting part of an aisle to pecan log rolls and peanut brittle does not a Stuckey's make.
halibut sinclair
quote:
Today's "Stuckeys" are not "Stuckeys" in the classic sense anymore, as they are no longer the proto-Buccees style travel centers that drivers back in the 60's knew and loved. Today, they are basically little more than regular gas station/convenience stores that happen to sell Stuckey's branded products alongside regular everyday items.

Sorry, but to those of us old enough to remember, a station devoting part of an aisle to pecan log rolls and peanut brittle does not a Stuckey's make.
I am old enough to remember, however - no matter what you think of the store itself and what items they devote space to, it still has the "Stuckey's" name on the front, so therefore it's a "Stuckey's".
dgonzo99
This is one for the Rumor Mill. Heard that Pepe's will be moving to east Bryan over by Austin's Colony.
carpe vinum
AG
There were mentions of Petsmart to Bryan long time ago and to Towerpoint fairly recently. Anything further ever come of those rumors?
Broncos
Tired of getting robbed on S College?
carpe vinum
AG
quote:
My thoughts, they are located within walking distance of a real craphole.
Scotch
AG
quote:
quote:
My thoughts, they are located within walking distance of a real craphole.

The bad areas will probably be Ag Shacks in a few years, but I don't blame Pepe's for not sticking it out.
carpe vinum
AG
Urban Renewal
dgonzo99
quote:
Just another trolling negative comment as usual. You haven't been over there in a long time. There are about 12 new homes back there, plus new townhouses with about 20 new houses to be built along with some new townhouses being built next to Martin's BBQ.
jrhmc
AG
quote:
quote:
Just another trolling negative comment as usual. You haven't been over there in a long time. There are about 12 new homes back there, plus new townhouses with about 20 new houses to be built along with some new townhouses being built next to Martin's BBQ.
I totally understand the comment because of the robbery in January where the subjects shot at a family (who I know) right after robbing Pepe's. I lived in that area about 20 years ago and it really hasn't changed that much.
dgonzo99
quote:
quote:
quote:
I totally understand the comment because of the robbery in January where the subjects shot at a family (who I know) right after robbing Pepe's. I lived in that area about 20 years ago and it really hasn't changed that much.
So, you are saying that you haven't even been over there is 20 years? Drive through there. It has changed a lot in the last year.
jrhmc
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
So, you are saying that you haven't even been over there is 20 years? Drive through there. It has changed a lot in the last year.
No, I was there last week but it's not that different. Someone shot at my friend after robbing Pepe's on Jan. 24, 2016, so I'm pretty sure that the first comment about being tired of being robbed on S. College is valid. Not saying that it will happen every time but the comment is valid. I'm guessing you maybe have a stake in saying the neighborhood has improved?
EvenPar
AG
I have a friend that was shot in highland park, Dallas. And another friend that was robbed at gunpoint in The Woodlands. These days crimes like this can happen most anywhere. That's the unfortunate world we live in.
dfphotos
trying to defend the Pepes location, haha. they have bullet holes in the glass.

edit for typing
DontBeTriggered
Wow. I never thought a furniture store could be so exciting. I'll give it a go then. Apparently this is the place to go! Thanks y'all. Just thought it sounded boring.
EvenPar
AG
I guess they should move the new College Station High School to a different location since, according to the kbtx, there were gunshots last night fired at a house across the street.
ChampsAg
Can we keep this to coming and going? Take this other mess to another thread
dgonzo99
Holiday Inn Express is being proposed for east Bryan in Park Hudson. It will have 109 rooms and meeting space.
fanof3.88
quote:
Holiday Inn Express is being proposed for east Bryan in Park Hudson. It will have 109 rooms and meeting space.
Isn't a Holiday Inn Express still going on at 6 and 21. I see a new driveway and cleared land there. That would seem like a lot.
dgonzo99
quote:
quote:
Isn't a Holiday Inn Express still going on at 6 and 21. I see a new driveway and cleared land there. That would seem like a lot.
There are 2 Hilton Hotels not far apart on University. So, maybe not. Seems like hotels are going up everywhere these days in BCS.
ski-man
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
There are 2 Hilton Hotels not far apart on University. So, maybe not. Seems like hotels are going up everywhere these days in BCS.
Good!!!!! Maybe now it will be easier and cheaper to get rooms on football game weekends.
Let's go ski-man!
bcstx06
I'm surprised that there are now hotels being on the west side of Bryan. Well besides the Hotel Stella going up in the Atlas development. Maybe they will soon come.

I passed by the new Blinn site the other day and saw a lot of vehicles, I guess they are getting ready to start construction on that.
phatpat21
So I know its been open a few months but I finally tried Kais Donught Co and man they were great. I only tried the original glazed and they were fantastic. Not to sweet. A little bit heavier donut than say Shipley's but still fantastic. The guys were great behind the counter and there was a line when I got there and when I left. Can't wait to take the family to try it and try some other donuts!
BlueMiles
AG
The old Black Eyed Pea/E-Star/Ocean Buffet building on University near Texas has been torn down.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.