BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2016)

537,966 Views | 1547 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
RNAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sign outside Post Oak Mall says that H&M is coming soon!
Geop84
AG
quote:
Cajun bayou grill was as close as I could expect in college station. It was good and was the only Cajun place here that I would ever go to again. Now I'm just gonna have to make gumbo and etouffe at home. I have no idea how Razzoo's is so popular. I went there once and tried many different things so I could judge it and everything was bad, except the boudin balls which weren't good necessarily but weren't bad.
We are in the process of moving here from Houston and live off Koppe Bridge Road, basically across Wellborn from where Cajun Bayou Grill was located. We were so thrilled to have very good cajun food so close. Very sad day when we learned they were closed.

PS3D
The whole Hastings chain is closing down, so goodbye Bryan store.
taxpreparer
AG
I walk by The Twisted Noodle location regularly and they are still building out the space. I think it will be another month before they open.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
The whole Hastings chain is closing down, so goodbye Bryan store.

So more cheap records and movies?
Look Out Below
AG
Boneheads closed today
FlyRod
Being right across the street from Fish Daddy's couldn't have helped much.
OnlyANobody
From Boneheads' Facebook Page:

"Today we have decided to close the restaurant. It has been a wild 2.5 years but it is time for us to move on to new things. We are very blessed to have had such wonderful customers over the years. Thankful for all those that have helped along the way, and the great staff members that were here daily making Boneheads what it was.
Our goal was to provide quality food at an affordable price with great service as well as support the community that we lived in worked in. We hope we have been able to accomplish these things in the 2.5 years we were open.
Thank you to all!"
aggmaroon
AG
I really liked Boneheads. It was good quality food that was a much healthier option. I just learned long ago that I alone cannot support a restaurant. I rarely eat out, especially for lunch. Very unfortunate
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Wow has Olin Buchanan been informed of Boneheads closure? Hes gona go postal!
Jetty
AG
Dangit! Anybody want a $10 gift certificate for boneheads?
armymom
Sorry to hear Boneheads closed! Didn't eat there very often but always enjoyed it when I did! I guess BCS is a tough market!
mgreen
When Razzo's moved next door I predicted their closure. I am from Louisiana and tried Boneheads 2-3 times more to support them than anything. We need more seafood places not less but it was average at best. Quality seafood is not an item than can be priced low for the fast causal model which is why you do not see any other competitors except maybe Long John Silver.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
When Razzo's moved next door I predicted their closure. I am from Louisiana and tried Boneheads 2-3 times more to support them than anything. We need more seafood places not less but it was average at best. Quality seafood is not an item than can be priced low for the fast causal model which is why you do not see any other competitors except maybe Long John Silver.
Yup. Razoos is better. That and the summer didn't help.
FlyRod
Razzoo's is nasty, but bright flashing lights and loud noises lure 'em in like moths to a flame. Boneheads didn't have all those bells and whistles. They tried to serve people things other than fried tilapia and catfish, but as was noted, it's tough to do that at cost...especially in an area that defines "seafood" as fried tilapia and catfish. They came to the wrong town.
techno-ag
AG
I disagree Razoos is nasty. My wife is from La. and it's on our regular rotation of restaurants. Can't wait for Pappadeuax to get here, but Razoos fills the void until then.
Average Joe
AG
Razzoos isn't amazing, but let's not act like Boneheads was God's gift to seafood and piri piri chicken.
FlyRod
Boneheads wasn't amazing, which is one of the reasons it's gone. But it was in a cluster of places that serve seafood: Veritas, Fish Daddy's, Atami, and I guess if you considered fried tilapia, catfish, and non-Gulf shrimp seafood, Razzoo's. Too much competition in one space.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
not impressed w Razoos. just my personal opinion/experience.
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
I disagree Razoos is nasty. My wife is from La. and it's on our regular rotation of restaurants. Can't wait for Pappadeuax to get here, but Razoos fills the void until then.

Gross she can't actually like it. I'm thinking you like it and she doesn't wanna break the news to you that it sucks.
techno-ag
AG
mAgnoliAg
AG
Everywhere else can be judged on opinion. Razzoo's can be judged on facts and the fact is their **** is nothing like you get anywhere in Louisiana
AggiePlaya
AG
The fact is Razzoos is doing well so there are enough people that like it to the point Razzoos ain't going anywhere...so the majority seems to like it
techno-ag
Average Joe
AG
Those people are just sheep that flock to the bright lights. They don't have the superior taste buds that most of the Aggieland board does.
mgreen
I actually like razzoo's as well and have lunch there often.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Texags: Where We Dislike Popular Food Places Since 1998.
FlyRod
quote:
Texags: Where We've Been Confusing Popular Food Places with Quality Food Places Since 1998.

FIFY
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
Those people are just sheep that flock to the bright lights. They don't have the superior taste buds that FlyRod does.
FIFY
crbongos
AG
I think the real reason Boneheads folded was because of the location. The coffee shop didn't make it, Ben and Jerry's didn't make it. It was hard to see and you forgot it was there. I like the food for casual dining. Good healthy option. Heath Groves, owner, was awesome and the closing was not due to a lack of effort. Best of luck!
Broncos
I like Razoos too.
FlyRod
I agree with AGnCS.
PS3D
College Station's New Development list have them building a larger Academy (70k square feet, about the size of the College Station H-E-B) either replacing or in front of the Lynntech building.
Aggies76
AG
Where is the Lynntech Building?
La Fours
AG
On Hwy 6 in south CS across from Central Park.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.