BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2016)

537,945 Views | 1547 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cool, I'll believe it when I see it though.
redd38
AG
quote:
Whataburger going in at the SE corner of SW Pkwy and Wellborn. Construction beginning Jan 1.

That place will kill right there.
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
quote:
Whataburger going in at the SE corner of SW Pkwy and Wellborn. Construction beginning Jan 1.

That place will kill right there.

Everybody walking from campus village and the woodlands and on the way home from Northgate to south college station
BHS
TXAG 05
AG
quote:
Southern Pointe (PP2016-000014): A Preliminary Plan of 2030 lots on approximately 553 acres.
http://www.cstx.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=22970

I love how developers always put an "e" at the end of the subdivision names to make them sound fancier.
JohnD`05
Premier Urgent Care opens at the Physician Centre Suite 135 on August 15th 2016 (Aggie owned and operated).
Airrosti Sports Therapy and Rehab Center is now open at the Physician Centre Suite 135
Whats The Buzz coffee shop at the Physician Centre is now open.
AgsWin2011
AG
How long will it be until they start on the Southern PointEEEEE development?
mgreen
quote:
Premier Urgent Care opens at the Physician Centre Suite 135 on August 15th 2016 (Aggie owned and operated).
Airrosti Sports Therapy and Rehab Center is now open at the Physician Centre Suite 135
Some of their doctors came by and delivered brownies to our offices in the area yesterday. They will get my business just for doing that.
KidDoc
AG
quote:
quote:
Some of their doctors came by and delivered brownies to our offices in the area yesterday. They will get my business just for doing that.
You know they are good doctors if they deliver goodies!

Actually I did much the same to local day cares & OB's when I first moved, it is a good business move.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
crbongos
AG
Southern Pointe won't begin construction until January 2017 at the earliest. It will be about a year to get the first phase complete--there is a lot of work to be done in Phase 1.
AgsWin2011
AG
Looks like the houses in that development are going to be right on top of each other. God forbid people in CS have big lots without having to pay $150k per acre.
Mr. Griswold
Looks like it isn't in CS.
AgsWin2011
AG
So this will be considered Navasota ISD?
Mr. Griswold
Not sure about that. But judging from the map, it's outside the city limits. Makes me wonder what kind of fire station they'll have.
cslifer
It is the racetrack, I believe there is already an agreement in place with the property owner for the city to annex it down the road.
Tailgate88
AG
Pretty sure that is right. No way the PRKS would let that tax revenue go. You can bet that elementary school on the plan will be CSISD.

They've got a LOT of dirt to move out there.
La Fours
AG
That land is already in CSISD.
AG
Its going to be a MUD, basically they will pay for their own utilities. You see this in Harris County all the time.
halibut sinclair
That place looks like a nightmare to live in and get in and out of.
FlyRod
Seems to be the pattern with new developments of late.
PS3D
They would have to widen the Texas World Speedway bridge over Highway 6 at the absolute minimum as well as upgrade the intersections. It will all become even more horrific when Santa's Wonderland is on season and the frontage road is backed up almost to Rock Prairie.
kraut
AG
quote:
They would have to widen the Texas World Speedway bridge over Highway 6 at the absolute minimum as well as upgrade the intersections. It will all become even more horrific when Santa's Wonderland is on season and the frontage road is backed up almost to Rock Prairie.
It will be a nightmare, expecially with Mesa Verde from Indian Lakes eventually connecting at that overpass.
taxpreparer
AG

quote:
That land is already in CSISD.
Yes, but it won't be much longer before College Station grows into the Navasota ISD area and some CS residents will be attending NISD schools.

here is teh link of Navasaota ISD's area. If you enlarge the map, you can see it extends to just north of where Peach Creek RD intersects Hwy 6.

Navasota ISD
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
Hammerheadjim
AG
Damnit, went by Boneheads today and they were closed. Permanently.
meezermom
Tried Razzoo's (still waiting for that damn Pappadeaux) the other night. It was awful. Had stuffed shrimp that were tiny and had absolutely no flavor, probably from Thailand. The stuffing tasted of nothing but overly spicy Old Bay seasoning. Essentially, I should have just eaten a shaker of Old Bay and done myself a favor...
mAgnoliAg
AG
Thank you for making me somewhat believe all of you aren't crazy. It is awful
Kate Beckett
AG
Went in April. very meh. But it was a free meal so I can't really complain too much.
OnlyANobody
Exactly what I said when I looked at it. And Copperfield people think getting out of here is tough!
Oogway
quote:
Looks like the houses in that development are going to be right on top of each other. God forbid people in CS have big lots without having to pay $150k per acre.

Higher density housing or sprawl? Estate homes or high end apartments? Country living or amenities close by? Choices, choices, choices. What do you want your community to look like? The question perhaps should be, what is realistic?

Now, back to coming and going--this will really spur Tower Point(e) development.
redd38
AG
The former Boulevard 214 has a sign up that a new place called Shiner Park is coming soon.
DontBeTriggered
quote:
quote:

Must be some of those good medical brownies!!!
Tailgate88
AG
Blue Baker has had a hiring tent out front this week!
PS3D
The store closing banner is up on the SW Pkwy. Kroger, has been since Friday.
Broncos
Heard a Hooters may be coming to Bryan near Target...
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Heard a Hooters may be coming to Bryan near Target...
Really? The last proposed Hooters never made it off the ground. Can you share where you heard it?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.