BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2016)

537,938 Views | 1547 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They named it after a repulsive bottom feeding trash fish???
AggiePhil
AG
Truth in advertising.
95_Aggie
AG
That's kind of an odd little center. You can really only get to it from the back.

Of course it hasn't stopped me from visiting the Taco Casa drive through.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Can you go back to your source and demand that they add wings? And that they need to be amazing. I will go to this place once a week for good wings and cold beer.

Wing places in this town leave a lot to be desired IMO.
Broncos
quote:
Can you go back to your source and demand that they add wings? And that they need to be amazing. I will go to this place once a week for good wings and cold beer.

Wing places in this town leave a lot to be desired IMO.

Good wings. Cold beer. Sports on TV. That location. That place could be magical.
KidDoc
AG
quote:
It's a Sports Bar. The name is Carp's. They will have lots of TVs to watch sports and stuff. They'll be beer, wine, possibly some mixed drinks. They'll also have a grill and should be serving hamburgers, cheeseburgers, french fries, onion rings, cheese fries, nachos, fried cheese etc.

That's pretty much all I know so far.
Sounds like a winner!!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FlyRod
Has Fowl Digits resurfaced in SoCoStat?
carpe vinum
AG
Nashville Hot Chicken or gtfo.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
Nashville Hot Chicken or gtfo.

Get a group of financiers together to open a Gus' franchise. Memphis hot chicken that's better than anything Nashville has to offer.

I'll be your #1 customer.
carpe vinum
AG
Nashville, Memphis, just tossing out an idea that's hot (ha ha) right now other than what is already available a dozen places. Looking forward to it if I'm ever without carpe milkum.
Bunk Moreland
Yeah I love all Tennessee hot chicken. But Gus' is the best I've ever had, and I know they offer franchising opportunities. Always thought it would clean up here.

The one in Austin definitely has an Austin feel and does really well
DontBeTriggered
The City should look into fixing the traffic ease into and out of the Planet Fitness shopping center. It is a maze! It is so difficult to get in and out of that I never shop there. Aggies need to re-engineer that whole corner to make it more traffic friendly. That's prime real estate and could bring in a fortune!
australopithecus robustus
It's already making a fortune.
SARATOGA
Has nobody posted about the Golds Gym and PetSmart at TowerPoint ?
dgonzo99
A Multi-Family District for 15.574 acres of land on Leonard Road in Bryan is being proposed. P&Z will be discussing it next week.
RNAggie
AG
I heard a rumor today that Kroger on Southwest Pkwy is closing. Anyone know if there is any truth to that?
Rexter
I was told last year that Kroger was going to close that store and build near the city limits on 2818
Rexter
New Shell is going up next to Wagon Wheel on 60
DisTex
AG
Looks like they started construction on Zaxby's between Capstone ER and Walgreens.
bcstx06
quote:
A Multi-Family District for 15.574 acres of land on Leonard Road in Bryan is being proposed. P&Z will be discussing it next week.
Does this mean apartments? Is it near the new Blinn site?

quote:
I was told last year that Kroger was going to close that store and build near the city limits on 2818

What section of land could that be? My guess would be near F&B Road close to the Traditions area...
Broncos
quote:
Has nobody posted about the Golds Gym and PetSmart at TowerPoint ?

About 10 pages ago...
dgonzo99
quote:
quote:
Does this mean apartments? Is it near the new Blinn site?

Yes, very near where Blinn is being built.
eloc62
quote:
quote:
It's a Sports Bar. The name is Carp's. They will have lots of TVs to watch sports and stuff. They'll be beer, wine, possibly some mixed drinks. They'll also have a grill and should be serving hamburgers, cheeseburgers, french fries, onion rings, cheese fries, nachos, fried cheese etc.

Sounds like a winner!!
at first glance, the sign on the building reminds me of the tv show "Cheer's" sign. a sports bar less than a mile from my house... I'm down with that! just need some people like Norm, Cliff, Carla, Sam. and Diane to make this thing work!
BCStalk
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sounds like a winner!!
at first glance, the sign on the building reminds me of the tv show "Cheer's" sign. a sports bar less than a mile from my house... I'm down with that! just need some people like Norm, Cliff, Carla, Sam. and Diane to make this thing work!

Showing our adges now huh?
REComBKR85
SE corner of Holleman and 2818 for the Kroger.
lockett93
AG
quote:
SE corner of Holleman and 2818 for the Kroger.

If they don't build a flyover at that intersection soon.......
jja79
AG
Is Taco Bar out of business? Sign says breakfast tacos, lights out doors locked ao 9:30AM.
FlyRod
They have weird weekend hours...10:30 open I believe.
The Anchor
AG
A coworker went there at 5pm Thursday and it was closed then, too.
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
quote:
I heard a rumor today that Kroger on Southwest Pkwy is closing. Anyone know if there is any truth to that?
My wife and I recently looked at the vacant space between Kroger and Steinmart. Was told the Kroger lease expires 9/30 and they have until 9/1 to exercise their renewal option. Leasing agent told me its about a 50/50 proposition if they stay or leave.
jja79
AG
quote:
A coworker went there at 5pm Thursday and it was closed then, too.

Even if they're still open I'll go other places that keep regular hours and that I know will be open. They can't be good enough to make it worth taking the chance they'll be open.
AggiePlaya
AG
I was just there (Taco Bar) yesterday and the owner said they open at 10am Sat because he is looking to add staff still. He told me once he hires more people they will also be opening the drive thru up so yes they are open, they are just short-handed it seems.
Look Out Below
AG
They close everyday at 3. Is a breakfast and lunch place only at this point.

Have been twice. Food and service is excellent.
jja79
AG
Then he wasn't ready to open.
AggiePlaya
AG
quote:
Then he wasn't ready to open.

That's a little harsh don't u think? If you were paying thousands on a lease would you "wait" a month to open or would you do a soft opening like most businesses to work out early kinks yet still make some sales to pay them bills?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.