BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2016)

537,948 Views | 1547 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
mgreen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They are moving dirt on university drive east across from Veterans Park. Another hotel?
carpe vinum
AG
They better be adding dirt. That's close to flood plain.
meezermom
What's being built on the corner of Rock Prairie and I think it's Lakeway (by the Scott and White Hospital)? They've been moving dirt and there are tons of white water pipes sticking up out of the ground ... no signs to speak of.
aggiebeck
Our office called the city and they said that they are building a Holiday Inn (Express?) in the spot across from Veteran's Park.

It would be awesome for a restaurant to pop up east of the Bypass to help service some of the businesses in the areas AND another hotel.
mgreen
quote:
Our office called the city and they said that they are building a Holiday Inn (Express?) in the spot across from Veteran's Park.

It would be awesome for a restaurant to pop up east of the Bypass to help service some of the businesses in the areas AND another hotel.
Someone told me that months ago and I totally forgot. Apparently the guy that owns the Holiday Inn on Univeristy Drive also has the rights to Bryan and they were trying to force him to build his Bryan location since he has been dragging his feet. That smart guy is building it blocks away from his other location but technically where he is building on Univeristy now is consdidered Bryan by about 100 feet.
Scotch
AG
It's not just considered Bryan, it is Bryan.
halibut sinclair
texasaggie04
AG
A sign is up and construction has started for Kolache Capital in Downtown Bryan.
texasaggie04
AG
Also, an update from Halo.

quote:
Hello Bryan / College Station! We have missed you!!! It has been a while since we last updated you but we wanted to get an accurate time frame before releasing additional information. Since our building is historic and was heavily damaged by the fire, it has been a long and tedious rebuilding process. If you pass by Halo, you can see the construction crew working to get the renovation complete.
Halo, will be better than ever! All new sound, lighting and special effects. The exterior and the interior are being updated and almost every piece of equipment is brand new!
Numerous people including the press have contacted us asking about our re-opening date. The speculation that we aren't re-opening is inaccurate. Due to the age of the building and the damage, the dates continued to be extended beyond our control. It has been hard to give an exact date but we are almost complete with the renovations. Next week we pick out the interior tile and paint colors. It won't be much longer. Thank you, for being so patient with us!
If all things go as planned, Halo, will be open this fall!
We can't wait to see you!
Halo

BCStalk
I drive by it every morning heading to work. They have been working on it daily. I guess that fire was pretty bad.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Cracker Barrel 4TW!
FlyRod
Good Lord...
BrandoC
AG
Think I know what your talking about. I said the same thing.
FlyRod
Halo's Facebook page confirmed they plan on re-opening this fall.
happyinBCS
The new construction on Rock Prairie east of S&W fronting medical av is called Aggieland skilled nursing a single story building with completion scheduled for early 2018
Ag Mom 91
S
Just saw the following posted on Facebook from a friend that works with a B/CS organization:

New "comings":

Berryhill Baja Grill, Century Square, University Dr., College Station
Blaze Pizza, Century Square, University Dr., College Station
Hopdoddy's Burger Bar, Century Square, University Dr., College Station
Mo's Irish Pub, Century Square, University Dr., College Station
Tiff's Treats, Century Square, University Dr., College Station
Zoe's Kitchen, Century Square, University Dr., College Station
Black Walnut, Chimney Hill Dr., College Station
Jimmy Changa's, Tower Point Shopping Center, Hwy. 6 and William D. Fitch
Wayback Burgers, 1512 Texas Ave. S., College Station (now open)
Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen, University Dr., College Station (construction to begin 12/16 or 1/17
Kate Beckett
AG
More food options close to work. Thanks Century Square!
mgreen
Sadly Black Walnut will no longer be coming. They are a client of mine and I confirmed a couple weeks ago. Great concept I have been trying to get here for years. Maybe down the road.
Broncos
quote:
Sadly Black Walnut will no longer be coming. They are a client of mine and I confirmed a couple weeks ago. Great concept I have been trying to get here for years. Maybe down the road.

You have failed the citizens of B/CS for losing your client.

Thanks for nothing.

Sincerely,

The residents of B/CS
CDub06
AG
quote:

That's a major bummer. Black Walnut would flourish in CS
mgreen
quote:
quote:

Thanks for nothing.

Sincerely,

The residents of B/CS
I still have the client, just with no B/CS location. They will come one day.
Scruffy
AG
quote:
quote:

Thanks for nothing.

Sincerely,

The residents of B/CS

I have never heard of Black Walnut so imnot missing anything.
australopithecus robustus
You're not missing anything. Black Walnut is not special. It's basically a cafeteria with service
CDub06
AG
quote:
You're not missing anything. Black Walnut is not special. It's basically a cafeteria with service
That's not a good description at all as it's a fast casual restaurant (i.e. counter service). The selection is varied, the menu is unique and the food is good. You must be thinking of the wrong place.

No skin off my back. I'll just go on enjoying the two locations near me. But I do know several that will be disappointed by this news.
AggiePhil
AG
The new Blue Baker looks open but apparently they're still training. Hope to be open next week or the week after.
FlyRod
Nice to see a BCS born franchise (like Grub) expand and spread.
fergieferg
What is being built between Walgreens and Caprock ER on William D Fitch? The building is far along, but I don't see a sign.
UmustBKidding
zaxby
Butterfly1205
Any idea when the new Carter's/Osh Kosh will open? In July, when I was in The Woodlands, they told me late winter but the storefront is already up by Ulta on university.
SARATOGA
I've lived here for almost 20 years and have no idea where "Century Square" is.

I'm going to assume the thing they just tore down next to the republic ??
FNG
It's where the old married student apartments are on university, across from PA50 and the polo fields
Oogway
Has anyone heard anything more about City View Southwest (commercial/retail near Barron & Fitch)? The sign is there, but I cannot tell that anything has been done really. If the site is developed I will be interested to see if the driveways open onto Fitch vs. Barron since that intersection is already somewhat dicey.
BQwolf05
AG
Here is their website.

If you look at the location and site & Floor Plan links it looks like they will have 2 entry/exits
Pyewacket
AG
Jacque's is closing. Got an e-mail yesterday saying the going out of business sale starts tomorrow. 20% percent off everything.
Rapier108
KBTX just reported that Must be Heaven in downtown Bryan is closing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.