BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2016)

538,008 Views | 1547 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
95_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think you will get banned for using the word "troll"
Cyp011
AG
The server at Mad Taco last week told me they're adding a location in South College Station. Didn't ask when/where though.
AggiePhil
AG
Caprock or TP. I think Caprock.
Cyp011
AG
It's a great restaurant. Some of the best food in college station.
KidDoc
AG
Oh wow Mad Taco at Fitch would be amazing!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
The server at Mad Taco last week told me they're adding a location in South College Station. Didn't ask when/where though.
CDub06
AG
quote:
Thx for informing me about my poor selection of dining. I will gladly be the sucker daddy that submits to his littles girls request to eat "the peanut." Don't really care if it's a 2-hour drive. Salt grass is much less appealing to her.

Oh, and fuego is no more "local" than Torchy's.
I'd argue with that point as Fuego's first location was in College Station and this is where they built their brand. And they still only have 4 locations, so the College Station market is very important to them.

Torchy's has a ton of locations and is inherently an Austin brand. There's nothing local about Torchy's.

I still consider Grub a local restaurant as the University location is the flagship. I guess El Sol De Mexico is no longer considered local since they sold out years ago and opened that second location in Conroe.

I thought we'd already discussed Mad Taco opening the second location in SCS? They're also looking to grow that brand and expand elsewhere. Watch out... before too long, they're not going to be a "local" place you can eat at.
FlyRod
quote:
I thought we'd already discussed Mad Taco opening the second location in SCS?

I mentioned it some time ago. It will be by far the best place to eat in that area, with the possible exception of Kamei...which is to say, it will be one of two non fast food places. Since I shop at that HEB semi-regularly, I look forward to having somewhere I can actually eat in that area now.
DontBeTriggered
I'm hoping for the new Lubys, La Madeline, Whole Foods, White Castle, and a 24/hr Big Boy for SOCS......
AggiePhil
AG
quote:
quote:
I thought we'd already discussed Mad Taco opening the second location in SCS?

I mentioned it some time ago. It will be by far the best place to eat in that area, with the possible exception of Kamei...

Man I tried to like Kamei but I got some about a week ago and it was just terrible.
australopithecus robustus
"I'm hoping for the new Lubys, La Madeline, Whole Foods, White Castle, and a 24/hr Big Boy for SOCS......"

Respectfully, All of those suck except whole foods.
FlyRod
Noticed some activity on Hwy 21 in Bryan. At 905 where there was some taqueria, sign up said "Coming soon: Helen's Cafe."

There is a brand new building under construction about two feet from Shannon's. Guessing they are moving into spacious new digs.
malibu9in1
Mad taco didn't wow me. But I'm glad they are thriving.
Cyp011
AG
He's improved his tacos greatly since the start.
ChampsAg
Shannon's is expanding to the new building and I hear a parking lot of the old one.
Broncos
quote:
"I'm hoping for the new Lubys, La Madeline, Whole Foods, White Castle, and a 24/hr Big Boy for SOCS......"

Respectfully, All of those suck except whole foods.

I could get down with La Madeline and Whole Foods. Wouldn't go to the others.
AgsWin2011
AG
One of the workers at the Rattler's off Fitch and Greens Prairie told me that Stripes bought the Rattler's franchise. Looks like all the Rattler's in town will soon be Stripes.

Too bad we can't get a Buccee's on Fitch or Highway 6...
FlyRod
quote:
Too bad we can't get a Buccee's on Fitch or Highway 6...

We are a community of "seconds." We don't get a Central Market, we get HEB. We don't get a P.F. Chang's, we get Pei Wei. We don't get a Bonefish Grill, we get Fish Daddy's. And we don't get Buccee's, we get Stripes.
La Fours
AG
quote:

How is Fuego not local? It started here. It's the original location.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
quote:

How is Fuego not local? It started here. It's the original location.

Maybe because the owners are from SA (I believe), but it's definitely local and has expanded to other markets. Good for them!
Cyp011
AG
Sounds pretty darn local. I mean it's not chicken tende royalty...
australopithecus robustus
The truth of the matter is Fuego is not locally owned, but does that really matter? Their sales and success would suggest otherwise.

If people are so concerned about keeping things local, then they should spend all their money here in town instead of going out of town to eat, shop etc..
dgonzo99
Urban Air Trampoline Park is moving into to part of the old Village Foods on Briarcrest in Bryan. This is in addition to Jumping World USA moving into Bryan Towne Center. Two in the same area. Interesting.
FlyRod
A supermarket can't make it there but two "jumping places" can? Weird.
Cyp011
AG
Lets be real. It is next to impossible for a stand alone grocer to go heads up against HEB.
Kate Beckett
AG
I think it'll give the kiddos something fun to do. And who am I kidding the adults like me will enjoy it too.
Finding X
I hear Jersey Mikes Subs is coming to B/CS.. I think CS first... then B
AggiePhil
AG
quote:

If true, I can't wait! Been needing a good sub shop ever since New York Sub closed down. Lenny's was decent but I'm hoping Jersey Mike's is closer to NYS.
eloc62
quote:
quote:

If true, I can't wait! Been needing a good sub shop ever since New York Sub closed down. Lenny's was decent but I'm hoping Jersey Mike's is closer to NYS.
wow, a New York Sub reference. i remember them being here, but that was a long time ago. i ate there, and loved their subs. would choose them over Subway any day.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Aren't there three? Salt Grass, Japanese/Sushi and Chef Cao's?
FlyRod
BBQ BeVO on Church St. now open.
Cyp011
AG
o/u 6 months
95_Aggie
AG
< 6 months

We are heading into summer
Ornlu
AG
6 weeks?
C XX I
Is that still the official name? Looks like BBQ 13-0, now. (yes I know the origin story of BEVO/13-0, the logo and design have changed recently and it really looks to have changed).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.