BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2016)

537,953 Views | 1547 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I still haven't made it out to Top of the Hill yet. Need to do that some sunny spring Saturday afternoon...
fcag
AG
The signs are up for Escape Room BCS in the Woodstone Shopping Center on Harvey Road (next door to Mugwalls).
nashvilleaggie11
Saw a Facebook ad for another escape room/experience place opening in Downtown Bryan called "Rooms." So that makes 3 of these places coming....is that really necessary? They are the new "taco places" of BCS...
UmustBKidding
Not like people publish I am going to open X business so they may not be aware of each other until they open. I do know the people who are opening in Woodstone and they are very professional and detailed. They have visited rooms in multiple countries and even licensed some rooms from some of the popular venues. It will not be a afterthought operation.
We will find out if three or more is to many. I think there are 16 in Austin from one list I have seen.
kraut
AG
quote:
Saw a Facebook ad for another escape room/experience place opening in Downtown Bryan called "Rooms." So that makes 3 of these places coming....is that really necessary? They are the new "taco places" of BCS...
I guess I'm an old now - I didn't know this was a thing.
meezermom
I must be even older -- I have absolutely no idea what the hell this is supposed to be!
dave99ag
AG
I think it's kind of like the Clue board game except they lock you in a room until you figure it out.
redd38
AG
quote:
I think it's kind of like the Clue board game except they lock you in a room until you figure it out.

I hope it's a bathroom
Drewmeister
AG
The Taco Bell at 29th & Barak is closed for remodeling. It was stripped down to the studs the other day & parking lot partially torn up.
techno-ag
AG
Let's reserve this thread for comings & goings. Start a new thread for best burger discussions, please.
C XX I
Staff, can we please put an end to the massive sidetracks in this thread? Perhaps a mass deletion of the burger arguing and other nonsense? It's already devolved into a pissing match between the usual suspects.

[Done. Use of the voting function helped alert us. Thank you. -Staff]
eloc62
quote:
Not like people publish I am going to open X business so they may not be aware of each other until they open. I do know the people who are opening in Woodstone and they are very professional and detailed. They have visited rooms in multiple countries and even licensed some rooms from some of the popular venues. It will not be a afterthought operation.
We will find out if three or more is to many. I think there are 16 in Austin from one list I have seen.

this sounds cool. looking forward to checking it out. wonder what ages it is appropriate for? who's it geared for? families, teens, adults?
Kate Beckett
AG
quote:
quote:

this sounds cool. looking forward to checking it out. wonder what ages it is appropriate for? who's it geared for? families, teens, adults?

I have adult friends who go to it and love it.
redd38
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I have adult friends who go to it and love it.
So people go to these things more than once?
Kate Beckett
AG
Yes. Some have been 3-4 times.
michellecan
I'm with you Meezer!
hihozippo
AG
I heard there may be a sky zone coming to BCS. Anyone else know?
bcstx06
quote:
I heard there may be a sky zone coming to BCS. Anyone else know?
I don't know about Sky Zone, but another trampoline park brand called Urban Air is currently being built near the Bryan Target.

Has anyone heard anything about the TRYP by Wyndham starting construction near the Bryan Target? I was just over there and didn't see any construction. Was it cancelled?
armymom
TRYP by Wyndham is going in at the old Aggieland Inn/Ramada Inn by Jason's Deli. Unless there is a 2nd one going up in Bryan
bcstx06
quote:
TRYP by Wyndham is going in at the old Aggieland Inn/Ramada Inn by Jason's Deli. Unless there is a 2nd one going up in Bryan
You're correct. I was thinking about Hyatt House. Is the Hyatt House still going to be built near the Bryan Target? Has construction started?
eloc62
quote:

drove by and saw it today. do they have a local fb page or local website to find out more info?
UmustBKidding
http://escaperoombcs.com
No clue about Facebook but I am sure they do.
eloc62
thanks. checked it out. looks fun. going soon.
sunshinek67
My apologies if this has been posted; what is the new development across the street from Allen Academy?
ThunderCatsHOOOO!
Does anyone know anything about TACOBAR coming next to Laynes on Wellborn?

--------
Follow @azuresushi on Instagram. Best sushi in town.
dgonzo99
quote:
My apologies if this has been posted; what is the new development across the street from Allen Academy?
Not sure, but I think that it is going to be a much larger gas station like Stripes (former Chick's).
PS3D
Not in BCS, but it looks like there's a Stripes going up in Navasota.
dgonzo99
quote:
Not in BCS, but it looks like there's a Stripes going up in Navasota.
Probably. A guy with Stripes told me that the company plans to move into this area in a big way. Have heard that they may be building 2 more in Bryan and 1 in CS.
dgonzo99
Work has officially started on the old Ice House in Downtown Bryan.
dgonzo99
Drawing of what Ice House will look like.

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11175058_1636740299883297_626753310979911303_n.jpg?oh=e93b14450d767f1d70a7b24422f408f7&oe=573BE892
PS3D
The new Village Foods pharmacy should be open today.
Justin2010
AG
The new Hungry Howies is expected to open in March or April and will be at 4501 S. Texas Ave.
Bryan, TX 77802
redd38
AG
quote:
Drawing of what Ice House will look like.

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11175058_1636740299883297_626753310979911303_n.jpg?oh=e93b14450d767f1d70a7b24422f408f7&oe=573BE892
So they took what it currently looks like and added tables in front of it?
FlyRod
I've talked with the guy overseeing this. There is a lot more going on than just tables on the outside. It will be great...or YUGE, to paraphrase the Donald.
dgonzo99
quote:
I've talked with the guy overseeing this. There is a lot more going on than just tables on the outside. It will be great...or YUGE, to paraphrase the Donald.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.