BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2016)

537,934 Views | 1547 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
deh40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
**** Texas Roadhouse
Wow, did you get fired from there or something?
jja79
AG
My mistake. Didn't realize you didn't live in College Station. That's not a bad drive time for someone coming from out of town.
RGRAg1/75
AG
quote:
My mistake. Didn't realize you didn't live in College Station. That's not a bad drive time for someone coming from out of town.

Not sure if you're being snide, but my property tax rate makes it pretty clear which city I'm a resident of. Thx.
95_Aggie
AG
These threads never go as intended.
redd38
AG
quote:
Damn 10 minutes is a lot for y'all? I don't have any problem with the travel times in this town because I used to drive 40 minutes to school and 40 minutes to the closest movie theatre and 40 minutes to the closest restaurant (not texmex).
What do the drive times in another city have to do with the drive times in this city? (hint: absolutely nothing)
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
quote:
**** Texas Roadhouse
Wow, did you get fired from there or something?

Na it's just not very good. The ribs are alright
DontBeTriggered
I've gotten food poisoning twice at Roadhouse through the years... I still eat there occasionally.
EBrazosAg
AG
This is a "Coming & Going" post, not a "debate about traffic, commute, what's South College Station"! If yall want to do that start a new post. Lots of us read this to keep up with development. Making it pretty useless for that the last few days.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Gigem314
AG
Berryhill and possibly Ruggles for Century Square? YES PLEASE!

Wow, as a Houstonian transplant...I'm absolutely loving the fact that some of our favorite places are moving up here (Pappadeux, Jimmy Changa's, Black Walnut, Berryhill, Ruggles, Zaxby's, Zoe's Kitchen).

Loving this! Better variety and better competition.
FlyRod
Rapid progress on the Bush's Chicken underway in Bryan, but if I were the owners of Master Yakiniku over there, I'd be royally pi$$ed at the Bush's totally obscuring their view from Texas Ave.
FlyRod
quote:
possibly Ruggles

Ruggles? A place proudly specializing in healthy cuisine? I wish it all the luck in the world here, with a possible T&P in advance...
Kitten With A Whip
quote:
Rapid progress on the Bush's Chicken underway in Bryan, but if I were the owners of Master Yakiniku over there, I'd be royally pi$$ed at the Bush's totally obscuring their view from Texas Ave.
Where are these located?
MiMi
S

quote:
Where are these located?
Corner of Texas Ave and North Ave in Bryan.
Broncos
Papasitos should come to South CS.
jja79
AG
quote:
quote:

Not sure if you're being snide, but my property tax rate makes it pretty clear which city I'm a resident of. Thx.
I wasn't trying to be snide at all, but that seems out in the country, city limits be damned, to me.

I assume you made a conscious decision to live that far out so you probably might have expected not to be really close to amenities. That's part of the trade off when you make that decision.
fanof3.88
quote:
quote:
Where are these located?
One on Hwy 21 directly across the street from Wings-n-More has started construction.
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
What is Master Yakiniku? Never heard of it.
carpe vinum
AG
quote:
quote:
Niether had I so I looked at the facebook page. Looks great, definitely going to try it out.
I used to go to a similar place in Houston all the time, so good.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Sure did. And with the expectation that there would be 5 dine-in restaurants at Tower Point by 2015 (as I stated in an earlier post). To date there is one, unless you count the sushi place in HEB shopping center.

Instead TP developers have been selling to fast food after fast food, banks, and urgent care. Looking forward to the arrival of some of the other dine-in options City of CS committed to when TP broke ground.
Tailgate88
AG
Blue Baker is under construction, Jimmy Changa's is announced, and there is some other secret announcement coming for another place next to Taco Bell I believe.... so there will be some strides made in the next 12 months towards that goal.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Looking forward to Jimmy Changas, and this secret place you speak of. I would lump BB in to fast food category, however.
nwspmp
quote:
quote:
quote:
Niether had I so I looked at the facebook page. Looks great, definitely going to try it out.
I used to go to a similar place in Houston all the time, so good.
I've been twice and have enjoyed it quite a bit. If you get a steak, I'd recommend asking for it to be lean cut, as initially mine had a bit more fat content than I'd expect, but the owner was incredibly nice and accommodating. The bulgiogi is very good.
nwspmp
quote:
quote:
quote:
Where are these located?
One on Hwy 21 directly across the street from Wings-n-More has started construction.
Referring to a different Bush's chicken. This one is on Texas at North, near where Lenny's Subs was.
MiMi
S
quote:
Blue Baker is under construction, Jimmy Changa's is announced, and there is some other secret announcement coming for another place next to Taco Bell I believe.... so there will be some strides made in the next 12 months towards that goal.
Isn't Freddy's and Bahama Bucks going in near Taco Bell?
BrandoC
AG
If Pappadeaux is successful here, Pappacitos will come at some point.
gunan01
AG
Wife got some facebook forward about Tiff's Treats coming to Century Square in 2017! Would be awesome....

Tiff's Treats started in Austin but now they have locations in Dallas and Houston. Cookie and brownie place that will deliver if needed.
Cyp011
AG
Tiffs Treats is excellent.
Kitten With A Whip
quote:

quote:
Where are these located?
Corner of Texas Ave and North Ave in Bryan.
Cool! Thanks, Mimi!
ThunderCatsHOOOO!
If you live in SCS and are driving 30 min to eat at Roadhouse, you've been duped. There is a Saltgrass at tower point and they are essentially the same thing. Overpriced, mediocre dining. What tower point needs is more local businesses that offer families great food at a reasonable price. I would love to see a Fuego, Papa Perez, and J. Codys. I wouldn't hate a few fine dining places like The Republic either. If you they are going to put more chains, build another chick-fil-a, add a Macaroni Grill or Carrabas, a Landrys, and a Corner Bakery.
MrsGDub04
AG
A friend told me yesterday that Mad Taco was coming to SCS. Has anyone else heard this?
RGRAg1/75
AG
Thx for informing me about my poor selection of dining. I will gladly be the sucker daddy that submits to his littles girls request to eat "the peanut." Don't really care if it's a 2-hour drive. Salt grass is much less appealing to her.

Oh, and fuego is no more "local" than Torchy's.
jja79
AG
There's a chik-fil-a at Fitch and 6. That isn't near enough.
RGRAg1/75
AG
quote:
A friend told me yesterday that Mad Taco was coming to SCS. Has anyone else heard this?

If true, this would be awesome.
jja79
AG
quote:
Thx for informing me about my poor selection of dining. I will gladly be the sucker daddy that submits to his littles girls request to eat "the peanut." Don't really care if it's a 2-hour drive. Salt grass is much less appealing to her.

Not trying to be argumentative but if you don't care if it's a 2 hour drive why the previous posts lamenting the 25 minute drive? Did you know you can call Roadhouse and get on the list? They give you a wait time, you time your drive and go to the front of the line.
RGRAg1/75
AG
quote:
quote:

Not trying to be argumentative but if you don't care if it's a 2 hour drive why the previous posts lamenting the 25 minute drive? Did you know you can call Roadhouse and get on the list? They give you a wait time, you time your drive and go to the front of the line.

I don't know why everyone focused in on roadhouse. The point was first made about drive time from south CSTAT to university. I picked a point and google mapped it to support my claim of 25 min drive time.

If you read carefully, you'll see I said we only eat there a couple times a year. This was never about roadhouse! Posters choose to focus in on different aspects of a discussion.

Idc about roadhouse!! Trying to drive home point that as a resident of south CSTAT, I'd love more dine-in options down here.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.