BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2016)

537,927 Views | 1547 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
lawhon96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Interesting - thanks! At some point SuperTarget needs to drop a big store out here...that would absolutely kill it. Or I could see a Kroger Marketplace ~insert any high-end grocery chain~ doing well also.
carpe vinum
AG
Did we know there will be a Freddy's on Fitch next to Taco Bell?

MiMi
S
quote:
Did we know there will be a Freddy's on Fitch next to Taco Bell?
Yep, I did. Looking forward to having one closer to home.
Expert Analysis
AG
whats going on at the corner of Austins colony parkway and Boonville road?
halibut sinclair
quote:
whats going on at the corner of Austins colony parkway and Boonville road?
Physician's ER
OnlyANobody
There's a banner for Aggieland Tutoring in the center between Paolo's Italian Kitchen and Cortier's Realty.
phatpat21
Awesome thank you!
Wicked Good Ag
quote:
There's a banner for Aggieland Tutoring in the center between Paolo's Italian Kitchen and Cortier's Realty.
Interesting...rumor was they were evicted from previous location for failure to pay rent
BryanPooch
And it's in BRYAN. First Watch insists it is in College Station. They list their address correctly (including 77802 for the Zip Code) except for saying it is in College Station. They are not being friendly to GPS or mapping searches.
dave99ag
AG
I bet this sign is confusing them too since they're south of it.

95_Aggie
AG
Why does this thread always have to devolve into a B vs CS pissing match?

[When posters use the voting function, we stop it. -Staff]
K2T2
Any word on when Aldi will be complete? WHEN DO I GET TO ENJOY THEIR 30 CENT AVOCADOS?
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
Any word on when Aldi will be complete? WHEN DO I GET TO ENJOY THEIR 30 CENT AVOCADOS?

Is it going in where village foods is because if so I was just there dropping off a scissor lift and it looks like they got a ways to go.
PS3D
quote:
I'm not sure. A trip by there the other day looked like they were starting to get some things place, like a new steel structure roughly where the pharmacy area was, but the first thing I noticed was they got rid of the floor at Village Foods. The floor was dirt and the floor was about four or five inches lower than the trampoline place side. The trampoline place side had most of the tile and a few of the fixtures still intact (the MEAT/SEAFOOD signs, the lattice near the beer department). I would say October.
AgProgrammer
AG
The wife and I tried BBQ 13-0 this evening. Meh at best. Owner is nice. Serving only "pulled meat" style sandwiches seemed really county fair like to me. A sandwich, 1 side and a drink will run you $12.50+tax. Seemed really steep considering that you can head right down the road to J Codys for cheaper and more food (plus real sliced BBQ options). Combine that with having to pay for parking sounds like a recipe for a short life in this town, unfortunately.
redd38
AG
I thought BBQ 13-0 was pretty delicious, not delicious enough for what they are charging, but it was a damn good BBQ sandwich.

I don't think they'll last either unless they turn into a bar that also serves BBQ sandwiches
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
And it's in BRYAN. First Watch insists it is in College Station. They list their address correctly (including 77802 for the Zip Code) except for saying it is in College Station. They are not being friendly to GPS or mapping searches.
Ehhhh, I've lived here 25 years and I don't consider being in Bryan until I cross through that light at N. Rosemary. And like dave said, you're not even "welcomed" into Bryan until that sign that's just past that intersection.

And if you need GPS to figure out where "the old Fajita Rita's building next to Cafe Excell and Yesterday's on Texas Avenue" is, you're probably not from around here anyway.

Also, inside the restaurant they have a wall-sized blackboard where they have written "First Watch College Station" with "College Station" marked through and "Aggieland" written underneath it. So they are at least aware of it.
redd38
AG
quote:

And if you need GPS to figure out where "the old Fajita Rita's building next to Cafe Excell and Yesterday's on Texas Avenue" is, you're probably not from around here anyway.

Only people from around here are allowed to eat there? Seems like a weird policy.
FlyRod
I don't give a rat's *** where they say it is. Its good and I'm glad its here, and I'm glad I have a breakfast place to take visitors and job recruits to that isn't The Kettle, IHOP, or Cracker Barrel.

Y'all carry on with the inter-city war now.
isitjustme
AG
Ehhh, I've lived here more than 25 years and consider anything to be inside the Bryan city limits to be in Bryan. On the east side of Texas Ave, that starts between the Super 8 (CS) and the Fairfield Inn (Bryan). On the west side of Texas Ave, that starts at the statue.

I live in Bryan, work and go to church in CS, and shop and eat in both cities. Let each city claim what is theirs: First Watch, new Hungry Howies, Caf Eccell, and all the rest over there are Bryan. If the business wants to claim CS, that's their deal, but I do like their decision to go with Aggieland as it's at least correct.
DontBeTriggered
This sign is hideous and such an embarrassment. They could have done better.
toolshed
AG
quote:

Not what I'd equate with hideous...but ok?
LastHamlet
AG
quote:
Who gives a **** about the sign??? Hopefully people don't base their decision on whether or not to eat there by the way a stupid sign looks.
FlyRod
We've already seen one poster claim he decides where to eat based on the upholstery in the restaurant.
Scotch
AG
The sign they are discussing is the lame border sign, which is not on the border. The "On The Border" sign is much better.
DontBeTriggered
Nothing Bundt Cakes officially opens Friday!!!
dgonzo99
Autumn Ridge with 49 lots for housing is proposed in West Bryan. It will be next to Edgewater with its 600 lots for housing. Not far away on West Villa Maria, Baylor Scott and White will be building a clinic.
PS3D
[
quote:
Any of you remember Aboutown newspaper from a few years back?

Yes. A bit interesting, but it declined toward the end.
carpe vinum
AG
Is it put out by the Insite/Gammon lady?
bcstx06
Hey dgonzo99, where did you get this information. Who are the builders? Thanks
dgonzo99
quote:
Hey dgonzo99, where did you get this information. Who are the builders? Thanks

I got it from SDRC on the City of Bryan website.
FlyRod
quote:
Research Valley Gets New Newspaper

I just looked at this on line. It is interesting and informative, and a nice complement to this "comings and goings thread" in fact.

But I do have a question: is there a reason every other entry is one of Greg D's Yelp reviews cut and pasted into the paper? It seems original content would be a better way to get this thing off the ground...

And I'm not being snarky. The review in your press of First Watch is nicely written, helpful and informed. More entries like that, rather than Greg D's badly written and profanity laced ones would greatly improve your press.
UmustBKidding
They have diesel so dont have to drive tout Bryan to spend my fuel points every month
Average Joe
AG
New Kroger gas station is nice. Really clean, can use fuel points, and you get all the sale prices they have at Kroger. Makes it much cheaper than a normal convenience store.
ChampsAg
They were packed at 9am today

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.