BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2016)

538,038 Views | 1547 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
LOYAL AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:

Bourbon & BBQ will be opening in Downtown Bryan over next to the Queen
this will actually be called "All the King's Men"

This. It's owned by the same people that own The Proudest Monkey on the other side of The Queen. Given how good Monkey is I'm looking forward to All the King's Men.
AggieWife2008
S
quote:
Ok I'm going to jump in: what business would folks LIKE to see us get this new year? What do we need that didn't come in the previous recent years?
I would like to see more things for kids! Studio Movie Grill will be a nice addition but it would also be nice to have things like a REAL childrens museum, zoo, outdoor putt putt with go karts, water park, indoor playground/gym....stuff like that. We usually drive to Houston or Austin on weekends just to find something fun to do.
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
I would like to see more things for kids!

RIP Pooh's Park
K2T2
quote:
And getting from the Bryan Target to the Tejas Center HEB is a royal PITA. I live near the Bryan Target- and travel to the HEB in south CS to avoid the traffic snarls along Briarcrest and Villa Maria. Though, I generally only shop at Kroger on Boonville, as it is closest.
I do the same - it takes me about 8 minutes to get from my house behind Bryan High to the Tower Point HEB, which is a far less stressful drive, the store actually has what I buy, and the lines aren't hellish.
armymom

Walmart on Texas in Bryan will be closing.
FlyRod
Wayback Burgers is opening in BCS. Not sure when or where exactly.
PS3D
quote:

Dang. That lasted shorter than Albertsons did.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Any idea at all what all Adams is planning for the Coperfield area? I'm guessing this will also include or tie into Canterbury St?
dgonzo99
quote:
Any idea at all what all Adams is planning for the Coperfield area? I'm guessing this will also include or tie into Canterbury St?
Don't know what is going to be included on that side, but in between Miramont and Copperfield is supposed to be twin homes. Twin homes are a cross between duplexes and townhouses. With twin homes, each side owns and takes care of their own land. Saw some of the plans for the twin homes. Looked awesome. Unless, Adam has planned something different now.
CEAg78
AG
Wayback Burgers recently announced that their newest Texas location will be in College Station at 1502 Texas Ave South.
mazag08
AG
Wayback looks very generic. We already have tons of what they offer. Anyone eaten at one?
FlyRod
FlyRod
Having tons of this or that never stopped us from getting more. I've eaten at one and it was ok. Must be some niche for it.
techno-ag
AG
quote:

Yup. The Bryan Neighborhood Walmart is closing on Jan. 28.

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Bryan-Wal-Mart-Among-Those-Being-Closed-This-Year-365440831.html

FlyRod
bcstx06
Does anyone have the link to the City of Bryan weekly planning agendas? They recently changed their website and its not located in the same spot. Thanks

AggieWife2008
S
quote:
Does anyone have the link to the City of Bryan weekly planning agendas? They recently changed their website and its not located in the same spot. Thanks

Is this what you are looking for?
https://www.bryantx.gov/city-secretarys-office/city-council-agendas/
FlyRod
Toasties Subs in Northpoint is closing...not sure they even made it a year. Too bad, as they probably had the best and most interesting sandwich selection in town, and some good tacos to boot.
Cyp011
AG
That's a really tough spot to make money.
FlyRod
Yep. World of Beer is making bank, but its a quasi chain and so has more support I imagine. Minuti Coffee is nice but I fear for them as well.
FlyRod
In the shopping center where Fattys Smoke Shop and Victor's Shoe Repair are in Bryan, sign up for Khairallah Halal Meats. Curious about that one...
aggie897
AG
New coffee shop opened up next to Fazolis in the old office max building. The Brew Coffeehouse. Hours say 3-11.
C XX I
I really, really wish the city would allow Northpoint to advertise their free parking spots on the surface streets and more importantly in their free garage. Everyone I've spoken to about Northpoint businesses had no idea there was a free garage.
australopithecus robustus
The city doesn't even advertise their own garage in Northgate with proper signage. When asked about large signs to be placed perpendicular on the garage, much like the very conspicuous ones in Houston's museum district, they've said that the ordinance doesn't allow for that. I guess what's good enough for Houston's thriving museum district isn't good enough for CSTAT. This is the kind of silliness that stunts progress.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
I really, really wish the city would allow Northpoint to advertise their free parking spots on the surface streets and more importantly in their free garage. Everyone I've spoken to about Northpoint businesses had no idea there was a free garage.
Absolutely. Hard to tell where to park. Hard to tell if it's free.
kevmiller
quote:
Wayback looks very generic. We already have tons of what they offer. Anyone eaten at one?

Agree with this.. Don't see this being a big hit.
dave99ag
AG
I have a feeling Northpoint will do a bit better once the adjacent development is built.
halibut sinclair
quote:
So those big signs that say free parking for retail customers confuse you?
FlyRod
I usually park in the straight rows right off of TX Ave on the north side of the complex...always plenty of parking and a short walk to the businesses...which in this case is World of Beer.
Ornlu
AG
quote:
They're all free. What's hard to tell about that?
eloc62
I'll try Way Back Burgers. always looking for a good new burger joint to try. you'll never know if you never go.
GlassHalfFull
Does anyone know what's going in between Allen Honda and Grandstation?I see they're prepping for some type of construction.
AgFan1999
AG
expansion of Allen Honda.
ChampsAg
Always looking for a good burger.

Top if the Hill best in the area. Koppe Bridge, IMO, is the most overhyped burger in this area.

Harvey Washbangers is underrated.
mazag08
AG
Left of Washbangers from my list. Their patties are smaller than they used to be, but they are still better than most other places.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.