BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2016)

537,963 Views | 1547 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
Birddog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Is Oriental Market still closed? How bad was the damage?

Still closed. They cleaned it all out and plans are to repair/rebuild. That is according to the folks at the gas station next door.
Broncos
They have a Facebook. Gogh Gogh Coffee Company.
FlyRod
There was a story making the rounds about Starbucks opening a chain of wine bars around the country. Well, friend told me tonight that we're getting one. All she said was "The Starbucks near Scott & White in College Station." Will try and find out more specifics.
PS3D
quote:
There was a story making the rounds about Starbucks opening a chain of wine bars around the country. Well, friend told me tonight that we're getting one. All she said was "The Starbucks near Scott & White in College Station." Will try and find out more specifics.
It's called Starbucks Evenings, was rolled out last fall to select locations. I can believe it, I do remember seeing a liquor license application sign at that Starbucks a few months ago.
dgonzo99
The first phase of the Ice House in downtown Bryan is scheduled to open sometime this fall.
Tailgate88
AG
Per the other thread, the new Hungry Howie's is open:

The new store is at 4501 S. Texas, next to Yesterday's.
Gigem314
AG
quote:
If you love On The Border you'll love Jimmy Changas.
IMO, it blows On The Border out of the water. Jimmy Changas is the sister to Gringo's, they both have similar menus and excellent food. I think it's much better quality than the majority of Tex-Mex places we have in B/CS. As a former Houstonian I'm very happy to see one of our favorites make its way up here.
AggieAces06
AG
Demolition has started on the Scott and white clinic.
sawemoff94
AG
Update from Mayor Berry on KBTX:
http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/College-Station-Mayor-Nancy-Berry-375537181.html
Fleen
quote:
Per the other thread, the new Hungry Howie's is open:

The new store is at 4501 S. Texas, next to Yesterday's.

Yep, just ate some tonight... Walk-in order, some kinks to work out but fast and friendly!
OnlyANobody
Still no delivery to Copperfield.
momlaw
AG
So happy you are home safely.
FlyRod
chloelee
Sign is up for Farmhouse Creamery in strip center at Towerpoint. Down from Little Caesar's.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:

That sounds like a quick trademark suit waiting to happen.
CS78
quote:
Update from Mayor Berry on KBTX:
http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/College-Station-Mayor-Nancy-Berry-375537181.html
Booo for more hotels, apartments, golds gyms, petcos, etc.

At least the Pappadeaux's is finally happening.
Scruffy
AG
quote:

I heard yesterday that they won't be cooking on site.
And they still are dragging on getting things complete.
C XX I
Wait until you see the logo they're using.
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
I thought that other university was in our rearview mirror.
nought
AG
quote:
Sign is up for Farmhouse Creamery in strip center at Towerpoint. Down from Little Caesar's.
Found their website -- sounds good. http://www.farmhousecreamery.com/

I'm still missing Maggie Moos/Harolds.
bcstx06
quote:
I live at Hawthorne at Traditions and it kills me to have to go quite a ways to get to a nice sit down restaurant or any food for that matter. I can only tolerate so much panda, subway, and wings n more

Looks like there will be plenty of retail and restaurants in west Bryan, but how long will we have to wait for it?
Atlas Development. One hotel is already under construction.

Also here is an update from Cyp011on Century Square:

quote:
Restaurants:
Mo's Irish Pub
Hopdoddy
Blaze Pizza
Berryhill Taco

Entertainment, Hospitality and Multi-Family:
Studio Movie Grill
Calvary Court
The George
100 Park

Retail being negotiated or in discussion:

Zoes Kitchen
J Crew-Mercantile
Ruggles Green
Kendra Scott
Sephora
Nike Store
Lululemon*Permanent store**current testing college station market
Ruggles Green
Prida (sp?) Italian concept
Victoria Secret
Bath and Body Works
among others

Omega6464
The demolition of the old Scott & White Clinic is underway. That is the location of the Pappdeaux restaurant.

Work has also begun at Chimney Hill. The Republic will be rebuilt on that site on the western side, opposite of where it sits now. Also, a Black Walnut restaurant will be constructed there. If you've been to their Woodlands location you know this will be a nice addition for CS.

Also, the demolition is complete for the Embassy Suites Hotel. This will be where the old Black-Eyed Pea was located.

The old Lovan Care buildings next to the former black-Eyed Pea is rumored to be a Dunkin Donuts. There a sign out there as of yesterday. Actually never been to one, but here the coffee is good.

Lots happening in CS!
CDub06
AG
Black Walnut will be great. They're expanding like crazy. Good, casual option for lunch, brunch and dinner.
jja79
AG
Black Walnut is a good go to option for lunch no doubt.

What's the ETA on the Icon Hotel? They've been working on it longer than it took to tear down and build a new west side of Kyle Field and it's still just an erector set.
jac4
AG
What's going in at the CS Hastings location again? I looked for it on the OP and didn't find it, but there are too many pages to wade through.

Also, the former Ace Hardware on Welborn may have been a meeting place for a church for about 15 minutes. Now there is a sign out for Ashley Furniture home store sign outside the building.
happyinBCS
CS Hastings = Haverty's furniture
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:
What's going in at the CS Hastings location again? I looked for it on the OP and didn't find it, but there are too many pages to wade through.

Also, the former Ace Hardware on Welborn may have been a meeting place for a church for about 15 minutes. Now there is a sign out for Ashley Furniture home store syign outside the building.

Sure wish it was an ACE hardware again. Love my ACE. With all the new growth and building in the area a good ACE should thrive ! I keep telling my ACE owner in Cypress he needs to open a store in S CS
CDub06
AG
Only if he can bring Brooks BBQ with him.
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:
Only if he can bring Brooks BBQ with him.
AMEN Brother !! ..Best BBQ I've ever had. He usually sells out by 2PM on weekdays and sometimes in about 2 hours on weekends.

techno-ag
AG
quote:
The demolition of the old Scott & White Clinic is underway. That is the location of the Pappdeaux restaurant.

Work has also begun at Chimney Hill. The Republic will be rebuilt on that site on the western side, opposite of where it sits now. Also, a Black Walnut restaurant will be constructed there. If you've been to their Woodlands location you know this will be a nice addition for CS.

Also, the demolition is complete for the Embassy Suites Hotel. This will be where the old Black-Eyed Pea was located.

The old Lovan Care buildings next to the former black-Eyed Pea is rumored to be a Dunkin Donuts. There a sign out there as of yesterday. Actually never been to one, but here the coffee is good.

Lots happening in CS!
Bryan too. It's a good time for BCS development.
halibut sinclair
Cyp011
AG
Black Walnut is pretty decent
hot dog
AG
Black walnut
armymom
A donut shop in a former pet boarding facility doesn't sound too appealing! I hope they tear down the old and build new!
Oogway
Hmm, yeah the thought of flea dunkin and donut dunkin doesn't quite work for me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.