BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2016)

538,097 Views | 1547 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
bcstx06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Jimmy Changas might be the first restaurant in CS that Bryan could be jealous of.

City of Bryan: not jealous...
I'm disappointed that the city of Bryan hasn't attracted any new businesses to the Rudder's Land development. Where is PetSmart, Academy and all the other stores that were supposed to be coming? College Station is about to have 2 PetSmarts, and every Mexican restaurant chain you can imagine. Maybe Gringo's will decide to build in Bryan.
RafterAg223
AG
This may not be a popular answer for some here, but it's all about demographics for the sit down restaurants. Even with Traditions in the mix, the 1-3 mile income radius right now is pretty ugly. When the household income numbers get better, more retail and restaurant will follow.
Sprite09
AG
For Aldi I've heard it will be opening toward the end of the year.
carpe vinum
AG
The Towerpoint demographics for the 1-3 mile radius are ridiculous comparatively. It will be ground zero for a huge amount of development the coming decade(s).
RafterAg223
AG
Yes, $125k vs $50k is a no brainer all day long. That's why CFA built when they did down South and are putting a potential West Bryan location off for quite a while still.
carpe vinum
AG
You are a developer, answer this if you know. I have heard that the South East of 6/40 corner big property is owned by Papas. Do you know if that is correct?
RafterAg223
AG
Southeast corner of 6/40 is still held by the young family aka pebble creek.
bcstx06
CFA???
RafterAg223
AG
CFA has been evaluating West Bryan for at least a year. It will still be quite some time before you might ever see one there.
carpe vinum
AG
quote:
CFA???
ChicFilA. It looked like they were dialed in on the North East corner of Villa Maria / 2818. Then it kind of went away.
It would seem prudent to look at the Bio area if Atlas materializes as projected.
bcstx06
CFA=Chick Fil-A Duh! The owner of the two in College Station said about a year ago on here that Chick Fil A was looking to build in that part of Bryan in about 2 years. I don't see why they wouldn't every resturant in that area is crowded I guess because there are so few. Look at the Wings N' More there any time of day its always crowded. I think businesses are missing out on that area of town just because there is a bad area on the other side of 2818.

Also no matter where Chick Fil A builds there will be a crowd. They can put a location in Calvert or Anderson and still make tons of money.

Here is to hoping this is the calm before the storm for that area of town.

carpe vinum
AG
You would think corporate level locators would have an algorithm to identify such opportunities, but it would be an overestimation in my experience. The Towerpoint Petsmart may be the first recorded without a Home Depot. They follow Home depot as a rule. Maybe they know something we don't and Home Depot is coming to South CS as well.
carpe vinum
AG
quote:
CFA=Chick Fil-A Duh! The owner of the two in College Station said about a year ago on here that Chick Fil A was looking to build in that part of Bryan in about 2 years. I don't see why they wouldn't every resturant in that area is crowded I guess because there are so few. Look at the Wings N' More there any time of day its always crowded. I think businesses are missing out on that area of town just because there is a bad area on the other side of 2818.

Also no matter where Chick Fil A builds there will be a crowd. They can put a location in Calvert or Anderson and still make tons of money.

Here is to hoping this is the calm before the storm for that area of town.

Chicken Express went into Franklin and going gang busters.
mgreen
Jimmy Changes is part of the Gringos Mexican restaurant chain in Houston I believe.
Kate Beckett
AG
I live at Hawthorne at Traditions and it kills me to have to go quite a ways to get to a nice sit down restaurant or any food for that matter. I can only tolerate so much panda, subway, and wings n more
REComBKR85
It will be a very long time before there is any sit down dining on the west side. Think about the population, traffic counts and demographics in south college station. All that in mind, it's taken years to attract these business to south college station.

Utilize the same logic for west Bryan, it's going to be a while.
jja79
AG
And it's no better.
deh40
AG
quote:
And it's no better.
Never eaten at Jimmy Changes, but always had solid meals at Gringos.
AggiePhil
AG
We need a Wienerschnitzel down south.
PBR
We had one in the 80's.....
FlyRod
Randomly checking Yelp, noticed a new coffeehouse called The Brew just opened.
carpe vinum
AG
quote:
We had one in the 80's.....
we had one as recently as 00s, Stan ran them both. Where the Churches is in front of Walmart.
bcstx06
quote:
I live at Hawthorne at Traditions and it kills me to have to go quite a ways to get to a nice sit down restaurant or any food for that matter. I can only tolerate so much panda, subway, and wings n more
Exactly, People are looking at this area and seeing Traditions and nothing else, but there is much more to the area then it is given credit for. Look at the whole Atlas development going up in the area. also 600+ housing development that is going up near Traditions, the new Blinn Campus, the TAMU Health Science Center, the Bio Corridor, and the many other housing developments going up.
jja79
AG
People have different tastes. I'm sure they'll do well and if you like Gringos you'll like it too.
PS3D
Is Oriental Market still closed? How bad was the damage?
Kate Beckett
AG
They're also building phase 2 of our apartment complex (which wakes me up every day at 7 am whether I want it to or not) and lots of construction popping up all around. I just want a place to eat that isn't 15+ minutes to get to with the crazy traffic nowadays.
Tailgate88
AG
Per the other thread...

quote:
[A sportsbar is opening] in the same strip as the new Taco Casa off Fitch is opening around June... Carp's Bar and Grill.
kcbv0512
This may have been addressed earlier but I couldn't find -- what is going up next to Bryan Target near Dollar Tree?
Whoop04
Demolishion has begun on the old Scott and white.
bcstx06
quote:
This may have been addressed earlier but I couldn't find -- what is going up next to Bryan Target near Dollar Tree?
Its several things. There is a trampoline park going in there, a Pet Supplies Plus Store, a larger Rue21 and some other stores. Up near the Cracker Barrel there is a new hotel under construction.
BlueMiles
AG
nothingbundtcakes.com claims to be coming soon to College Station, in the Kohl's shopping center.
jrhmc
AG
quote:
nothingbundtcakes.com claims to be coming soon to College Station, in the Kohl's shopping center.
My cousin bought one of these for my grandmother's last birthday and it was delicious! Sounds like a good addition.
BlueMiles
AG
They are good. And it's a good thing I can't afford to go there very often.
texasaggie04
AG
quote:
They are good. And it's a good thing I can't afford to go there very often.

Those stores just print money...
K2T2
quote:
quote:
Its several things. There is a trampoline park going in there, a Pet Supplies Plus Store, a larger Rue21 and some other stores. Up near the Cracker Barrel there is a new hotel under construction.
Cool. More fast fashion. Just what everyone needs. Please tell me one of those other stores is at least a Spec's, there's no place in Bryan to buy fancy beers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.