BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2016)

537,995 Views | 1547 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
eloc62
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AggiePhil said:

Are we still getting a Jersey Mike's Subs down south? Recently tried one in San Antonio and enjoyed it. Reminded me of NY Sub.
I remember NY Subway shop in Northgate back in the late 70's and early 80's before it closed. went there all the time. they had good subs.
gunan01
AG
Juice It Up on Rock Prairie Road is going out of business. Last day of business is Friday, December 9. All smoothies (and maybe juices?) are 50% off till then.

I really liked that place, but College Station doesn't have the adventurous clientele like California (where corporate offices are located). They didn't have a chance.
Average Joe
AG
I think location played a part, too. I don't know that they would have thrived elsewhere, but they could have survived longer in another place.
techno-ag
AG
Average Joe said:

I think location played a part, too. I don't know that they would have thrived elsewhere, but they could have survived longer in another place.
Agreed. Maybe Northgate or Restaurant Row.
Tanya 93
AggiePhil said:

Are we still getting a Jersey Mike's Subs down south? Recently tried one in San Antonio and enjoyed it. Reminded me of NY Sub.
One of my go to places to have subs delivered when at work.

Try the chipotle chicken cheese steak!
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Average Joe said:

What were their hours? I'm not sure I ever drove by on a weekday and saw them open.
jrhmc
AG
Average Joe said:

I agree and the construction on Rock Prairie didn't help either.
Average Joe
AG
I have no idea. I don't think I ever saw them open. If it wasn't for Subway and Papa Johns I'm not sure that area would have any traffic. Must Be Heaven has very short hours, as well.
PS3D
gunan01 said:

Juice It Up on Rock Prairie Road is going out of business. Last day of business is Friday, December 9. All smoothies (and maybe juices?) are 50% off till then.

I really liked that place, but College Station doesn't have the adventurous clientele like California (where corporate offices are located). They didn't have a chance.
Might have been a franchise issue. Meanwhile, Northgate Juice Joint, which at the time it opened I didn't expect to last a semester seems to be alive and well after nearly two years.
australopithecus robustus
That Northgate Juice Joint is always dead. It's remarkable the doors are still open.
FlyRod
It's not always dead; does a good business in the mornings.
australopithecus robustus
Well that's good. I never see it in the mornings.
gunan01
AG
https://eatbcs.com/2016/11/30/carps-sports-bar-grill-construction-underway/

Carp's lives!
jac4
AG
Have we talked about what is going in on Texas next to Aggieland cycling?

It looks too big to be a nail salon.
PS3D
jac4 said:

New Domino's + local franchise office
FlyRod
I was getting concerned we didn't have enough Domino's. This is welcome news.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
PS3D said:

jac4 said:

New Domino's + local franchise office

Near 2818?

There's a Domino's .7 miles from there.
carpe vinum
AG
I think they are closing the lease space location to move to the new place long term. Also sounds like they want to add some new locations scattered around, thus the office space.
PS3D
carpe vinum said:

I think they are closing the lease space location to move to the new place long term. Also sounds like they want to add some new locations scattered around, thus the office space.

Correct. This does seem like they want to redistribute their stores, hence a new store in Tower Point as well.
aggsquin
Kung Fu Tea is opening next to Best Buy.
FlyRod
gunan01
AG
Isn't that the same shopping center where the last Thai restaurant failed? Bold!
FlyRod
Yep. La Riviera and Babylon Cafe seem to be doing ok there, so who knows. This place appears to be part of a chain, or chain-let.
PS3D
Not a "true" opening but it looks like Krispy Krunchy fried chicken has once again returned to town with the gas station at Holleman and Wellborn advertising it.

Yeah, I know, fried chicken, but it's something interesting.
Finding X
I heard the Jersey Mike's franchisee owner in Temple is planning to build one in CS.
#42 and #43 are great sandwiches!
AggiePhil
AG
Find X said:

I heard the Jersey Mike's franchisee owner in Temple is planning to build one in CS.
#42 and #43 are great sandwiches!

That's been the rumor for quite some time now. Glad to hear it's finally going to happen.
Tailgate88
AG
Not knocking Jersey Mike's, but we're going to have as many sub shops as chicken finger joints before much longer...
jja79
AG
You'd almost think 60,000 college kids were in the market.
Prescient
Hadn't heard anything about the possible return of Grandandy's lately. Anyone??
jac4
AG
Prescient said:

The Gumby's sign is already up at that location. It's been open for a few weeks now.
AggiePhil
AG
I think he's probably referring to the new Grandandy's concept mentioned a while back.
Prescient
jac4 said:

Prescient said:

The Gumby's sign is already up at that location. It's been open for a few weeks now.
Thanks for that. So, anyone heard anything about the possible return of Grandandy's?
PS3D
Prescient said:

jac4 said:

Prescient said:

Thanks for that. So, anyone heard anything about the possible return of Grandandy's?
From what I've heard second-hand, the owner does indeed want to try again with a new location and new name. I had heard what the name was (I think it was some sort of pun on an Aggie tradition), but I forgot what it was.
coyote creek
What's being built on Birmingham in College Station next to Texas ENT?
daggerwoods
AG
A Davita dialysis clinic if I remember right

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.