BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2016)

538,103 Views | 1547 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Where is the Lynntech Building?
Formerly known as the Westinghouse building. It's the huge complex there.
Aggies76
AG
Ok thanks! I think that's the area we've been calling the Science Park that Blinn was considering a year or so ago. I live in Emerald Forest so we can expect traffic to pick up around here.
EBrazosAg
AG
Hope the old Academy (I would say the new old Academy since the old old Academy is where World Market is)doesn't end up being a empty big box for too long - unlike the retail stores next to Home Depot. I'm sure given prior acts by the neighborhood behind the new location there might be a attempted tie-up in CS City Council on the project.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AG
Looks like its replacing the Lynntech building, not being built in front of it.
FlyRod
Yoga District holistic spa opening on University in mid August.
Roxaggie06
AG
Someone in our neighborhood network shared this link. Great info!

Thank You!
atm86
AG
Where is Lynntech moving to?
carpe vinum
AG
quote:
Looks like its replacing the Lynntech building, not being built in front of it.
I disagree. It looks like Lynntech is donating much of the parking lot to be the Academy building.
fcag
AG
It's just the outer ring of the parking that is affected at the Science Park. The plan shows it going in the south corner of the lot with the new Academy building overlapping with the outer ring of the existing parking.
happyinBCS
The numbers at Boneheads must have been pretty bad Oldham/Goodwin has it up for sublease with the term through 11/2023 so they had 7 years left on their lease.
AG
The closer I look I guess you're right. It is going to be really close to the other building though. Kind of an odd spot in my opinion.
Spyderman
AG
I like Razoos too.
DontBeTriggered
Razoos is disgusting. Pappadeaux can't get here fast enough.
johnjohnson
AG
java94
AG
Looks like they filed ch 11 back in 2014 and again this month...
aggiepaintrain
AG
The Pappadeux's site has had nothing done to it in months.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
Heard Carinos is filing for bankruptcy. Anyone know about the College Station location? Would like to keep up with updates on this.
probably a discussion for another thread but i find their struggles interesting.
FlyRod
Wicked Good Ag
555 grill will be an asian fusion place from what i hear. When does Carinos close down if the parent company is filing?
BlueMiles
AG
Bush's Chicken, in the same center as La Riviera, has a sign saying they will open August 1.
FlyRod
What's the Buzz is opening a coffee shop in the Physicians Center building on Iniversity Ave.
carpe vinum
AG
Has anyone seen the exact location of the Golds and/or PetSmart at Towerpoint? I thought they were going in across the road from Taco Bell, but they are doing a lot of work close to the roundabout. They seem to be digging a large hole that I suppose could be for an indoor pool at Golds.
Broncos
They are going in said area near roundabout.
The Anchor
AG
quote:
Has anyone seen the exact location of the Golds and/or PetSmart at Towerpoint? I thought they were going in across the road from Taco Bell, but they are doing a lot of work close to the roundabout. They seem to be digging a large hole that I suppose could be for an indoor pool at Golds.

That's the same area.
TxAgg07
AG
BCS Sitters is staying open and has new owners.

For those that don't know what it is, it is a local baby sitting service that will match you up with available sitters in the area that have been background checked and CPR certified.
carpe vinum
AG
Southern Pointe (PP2016-000014): A Preliminary Plan of 2030 lots on approximately 553 acres.
http://www.cstx.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=22970

techno-ag
AG
http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/more-developments-are-coming-soon-to-bryan/article_7aa6a7cf-e6a4-582c-8845-dd6860317896.html
halibut sinclair
CEAg78
AG
quote:
Southern Pointe (PP2016-000014): A Preliminary Plan of 2030 lots on approximately 553 acres.
http://www.cstx.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=22970

Love the street names!
PS3D
The Gleissner Hall apartments are finally coming down soon for "St. John Paul II Vocation and Family Life Center", part of the St. Mary's expansion. The plans were also posted in today's New Development list.

http://www.kaizendp.com/properties/St-John-Paul-II-Vocation-and-Family-Life-Center
cslifer
Went by Fred&fred seafood and they were closed. Have I been living under a rock and missed something? I guess the April fools thing was serious. Now I have to find somewhere to get fresh oysters...
MiMi
S
quote:
Went by Fred&fred seafood and they were closed. Have I been living under a rock and missed something? I guess the April fools thing was serious. Now I have to find somewhere to get fresh oysters...
According to their website, they are closed on Sunday and Monday.

Fred and Fred Seafood
Sleepnumber
AG
quote:
Was there last week....everything normal
FlyRod
You're a brave person eating oysters this time of the year...
Frio Cielo
Whataburger going in at the SE corner of SW Pkwy and Wellborn. Construction beginning Jan 1.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.