BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2016)

537,985 Views | 1547 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
K2T2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
Nevermind them, I have shopped atvtgat Kroger since it opened. Where am I going to shop? Not HEB!

Why would anyone want to shop at a Kroger when there are HEBs? Unless you just prefer dirty grocery stores stuck in the past.
Have you only been to the Kroger on SW? The one on Booneville is modern - fresh pretzel croissants, has a huge natural section, a gondola devoted entirely to hummus on one side, loads of vegan and vegetarian friendly not-meat and cheese options, plus all the fancy flavors of Kettle chips. The Kroger Marketplace stores are also super duper nice. I'd rather do my normal shopping at HEB, but not all Krogers are like the SW Kroger.
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
Why would anyone want to shop at a Kroger when there are HEBs? Unless you just prefer dirty grocery stores stuck in the past.
The Rock Prairie Kroger is generally cleaner than the Tower Point HEB.
bobinator
AG
Don't the peopel that own Mugwalls own Harvest?
bobinator
AG
It's probably because I'm from Kerrville, but I'll go out of my way to go to HEB instead of Kroger. Maybe it's the lighting but when I'm in Kroger I feel like I've gone back in time like six years.
PS3D
quote:
It's probably because I'm from Kerrville, but I'll go out of my way to go to HEB instead of Kroger. Maybe it's the lighting but when I'm in Kroger I feel like I've gone back in time like six years.
I would think in a place where H-E-B has a monopoly would be "anywhere EXCEPT H-E-B", but I don't know.

Anyway, a few things to note on the Bryan side of things is a new one-story retail building (looks strip mall type) near Traditions Drive and HSC Parkway, including a restaurant (mention of a grease trap, but no drive through), as well as the Villa Maria/2818 Walmart starting a grocery pickup program.
Kate Beckett
AG
I hope there is food. I can walk from my apartment.
malibu9in1
quote:
Mugwalls went downhill. I don't know what happened. The toilets stopped being cleaned about two years ago, the coffee changed then too. The baked goods were awful. What happened? I used to love it!

You checked the quality of the toilets that much in 2 years??? Home poop > public poop
RGRAg1/75
AG
SIAP:

jja79
AG
Great news.
MiMi
S
From Cajun's Bayou Grille Facebook page:

"Message from Boudreaux:

We have officially closed at this location. Thank you Wellborn Texas for your love & support."
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:

"Message from Boudreaux:

We have officially closed at this location. Thank you Wellborn Texas for your love & support."
KidDoc
AG
quote:

"Message from Boudreaux:

Welp that was too fast.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Kitten With A Whip
Why so quickly???
texasaggie04
AG
Apologies if already posted. Fuzzy's tacos will be closed for a couple weeks for renovation. They are putting in a full bar. I think they said they'll close around July 20 for two weeks.
PS3D
Sorry if already posted, but there's a Q Beauty sign up at the old Taste of China building at Valley View and Texas.
meezermom
What's going on with Pappadeaux? They got everything torn down a couple of months ago and it looks like nothing is happening. At this rate, it will be 2020 before we finally get our Pappadeaux. Anyone have any info? I'm tired of driving to the Woodlands for my Pappadeaux fix!
Oogway
quote:
If I was opening a dining establishment in this town, I would definitely look at downtown Bryan first.

This seems like a contradiction, though. Aren't these the same voices that were pining for a variety of national/regional chains to open south of Barron?
I admit, I know little when it comes to the restaurant business other than it seems like a difficult one to keep afloat but it appears the franchises have so many more resources when it comes to how to set up and where.

We have been pleased with the locally owned places that we frequent and will continue to visit them as long as they operate.
techno-ag
AG
Razoos is tiding me & the family over for now.
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
College Station, because of its elitist Austin-wannabe approach, is proving to be against entrepreneurship.
Isn't Austin booming? There are lots of great non-chain restaurants in Austin. Seems like a lot of folks just like to blame others for their failures instead of the fact that they aren't very good at running a small business.
BCStalk
Flag em
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:

Disgusting
eloc62
quote:
quote:

Disgusting
imo, Razzoos is good. we have been there 2 times with the fam and everybody has enjoyed their food. look, this isn't Breaux Bridge, Lafayette, or New Orleans. your'e not going to that authentic here. if you want that. make the drive.They offer a little something different than the mass of Italian, Mexican, and chicken food places here. I will continue to support them. wish Cajun's Bayou Grille would have survived.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Cajun bayou grill was as close as I could expect in college station. It was good and was the only Cajun place here that I would ever go to again. Now I'm just gonna have to make gumbo and etouffe at home. I have no idea how Razzoo's is so popular. I went there once and tried many different things so I could judge it and everything was bad, except the boudin balls which weren't good necessarily but weren't bad.
carpe vinum
AG
The last time I barfed was about 15 years ago after eating Razzoos in Ft Wurf.
I'm a natural born cajun,
That food had no resemblance to what we grew eating.
But it makes people happy, and everyone needs a little more zydeco soundtrack in their life.
sawemoff94
AG
Is Swamp Tails still in business? If so how is their food? Haven't seen any cars in the parking lot recently.
isitjustme
AG
quote:
Is Swamp Tails still in business? If so how is their food? Haven't seen any cars in the parking lot recently.
Yes, we went last Friday evening. Food was good and the beer was cold (good happy hour pricing on beer). The crowd could have been larger as there were plenty of empty tables, but at the same time they had a steady flow of customers.
jja79
AG
Remnant of Nawlins at Holleman and Welsh is very good. Take out only.
Fleen
Twisted Noodle Cafe? Going in by Subway in the SW Pkwy Kroger center?
Belton Ag
AG
quote:
Sweet, in 2 years I can go to Kroger and watch the Ags beat Bama and Johnny win a Heisman all over again.
GSS
quote:
quote:
Someone on here said Kroger was going to build at the SE corner of HMP and Holleman South.

Talking with one of the managers I know at Kroger, he said it is a possibility to build out at 47 and Villa Maria. And I have also heard that HEB holds the land there at 40 & Wellborn. I guess we will see
Current traffic count at Hwy 47 and west Villa Marie is way too low to support any box/chain store. Maybe in 5-10 yrs...
susieq30
It doesn't look like they are doing any interior work on Carp's Sports Bar and Grill. Can see the steel studs and no work going on.
Hammerheadjim
AG
sometimes building a store will increase the traffic count dramatically..
patrick.redmill
quote:
Twisted Noodle Cafe? Going in by Subway in the SW Pkwy Kroger center?
Looks like ramen and Chinese crepes. Cannot say that I have ever had the latter.
MiMi
S
quote:
Looks like ramen and Chinese crepes. Cannot say that I have ever had the latter.

The crepes maybe something like this:

This Chinese breakfast food is taking America by storm

CN
quote:

Are they open? I called the number but it went straight to voicemail. Looks like a cell # on their website.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.