BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2016)

538,187 Views | 1547 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
AgsWin2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is Zaxby's what's going in between Walgreens and Caprock Emergency?

I think I saw a lot cleared south of the Discount Tire at Caprock. Anyone know what's going in there?
jrhmc
AG
quote:
Is Zaxby's what's going in between Walgreens and Caprock Emergency?

I think I saw a lot cleared south of the Discount Tire at Caprock. Anyone know what's going in there?
That's what the people at Walgreens said was going there when my husband asked.
techno-ag
AG
I guess throw on the rumor list on p.1 a possible Hooters at the Bryan Target, based on recent posts.
FlyRod
halibut sinclair
Broncos
quote:
I guess throw on the rumor list on p.1 a possible Hooters at the Bryan Target, based on recent posts.

Info from a prospective business owner in the center. The management company advised them what was moving in to the center.
eloc62
quote:
wasn't it about 10 yrs ago that Hooters rumors to CS were going around? rumor was they were denied for some reason. go north young young man, into Bryan, and reap the rewards! i will go there!
suzyq00123
Heard Carp's is opening this fall!
Esteban du Plantier
AG
quote:
The store closing banner is up on the SW Pkwy. Kroger, has been since Friday.

Got a case of good wine, dirt cheap.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
wasn't it about 10 yrs ago that Hooters rumors to CS were going around? rumor was they were denied for some reason. go north young young man, into Bryan, and reap the rewards! i will go there!

There was opposition to their liquor permit. I think somebody said the Great Recession sank it though. Was around 2008 IIRC.
FlyRod
Negative nannies opposed to liquor permits.
happyinBCS
Macy's is closing 100 stores, does anyone know if CS is on the list?
meezermom
Looks like the only Texas store on the list is in Fort Worth -- we're safe for now!
halibut sinclair
quote:
quote:
quote:

There was opposition to their liquor permit. I think somebody said the Great Recession sank it though. Was around 2008 IIRC.

Hooters was going in back then at the shopping center at North Ave. And Texas in Bryan.
armymom
I thought the reason for the ban against Hooters was because of the burnt orange uniforms!
JaneDoe02
AG
Does anyone know what is going in on Holleman, just south of N.Dowling Rd? I don't see anything on the city website about it.
PS3D
Aspen Heights apartment complex

Yes, I know they sold their old one a few years back
JaneDoe02
AG
Thanks! I was hoping for small retail, but oh well.
CWIsom
malibu9in1
I guess I'm getting old. I love titz. But I don't care if we get a hooters. I'm in Houston all the time and still choose quality food over hooter.
Aggie
AG
Twin peaks would do better than a hooters in CS
carpe vinum
AG
quote:
Twin peaks would do better than a hooters in CS
The Waco franchise owners may be in the market for a new location.
australopithecus robustus
Lol Twin Peaks does better than Hooters everywhere
FNG
Listened to K.C. Wheeler this morning on 99.5 The Fox and he had two guests from the Harley Davidson dealership in studio.

Independence has been sold and the new owner is renaming it The Ranch Harley Davidson (I'm pretty sure that's what they said).

They plan to have some events soon to promote the new name and will include live music on a pretty regular basis.
PS3D
Havertys Furniture has its sign up both on the building and the sign. Looks like it may be opening in the next few weeks.

Also, the New Development pages shows a large apartment complex at the southwest corner of Decatur and Arrington.
bonfiresmoke
quote:
Listened to K.C. Wheeler this morning on 99.5 The Fox and he had two guests from the Harley Davidson dealership in studio.

Independence has been sold and the new owner is renaming it The Ranch Harley Davidson (I'm pretty sure that's what they said).

They plan to have some events soon to promote the new name and will include live music on a pretty regular basis.
You are correct. The new owners plan on bringing a lot of new activities to the dealership. They would like to start a bike night there. This would be for anyone with a bike, not just a Harley. A lot of great plans that I hope they can bring to fruition. They attended our local HOG chapter meeting Saturday and shared some of their plans for the future. If you have a Harley consider joining Brazos de Dios Harley Owners Group. We are very active and go on a group ride just about every weekend. You can get membership information at The Ranch Harley Davidson or look us up on Facebook.
MsC2012
AG
Do we ever have a shot at getting a Whole Foods?
Goose83
AG
quote:
Do we ever have a shot at getting a Whole Foods?
That, or an HEB Central Market would be nice.
FlyRod
No. We don't have the market for such a place. Same reason we get so many downscale chain eateries instead of nice places.

We will get "more" as growth commences, but not necessarily "better."
BCSMom
Anyone know whats beening built at the corner of University Oaks/Feeder?
ratfacemcdougal
The former Rocking B Steakhouse has the Sloppy Joe logo back up on the sign and a now hiring sign up.
DontBeTriggered
Yes. Look for a Texas based Whole Foods or HEB Central Market upgrade in next 5 years. Trader Joe's is less likely as it is California based. Exponential growth in BCS is a big factor as we're having the renaissance Austin got 25 years ago.
FlyRod
I heard these exact points made over ten years ago. Still waiting for evidence of their validity.

FWIW, both Whole Foods and HEB had their market researchers, on multiple occasions, determine that BCS did not contain the target demographic needed to support a Whole Foods or a Central Market. But, hey, Aldi should do well...
GSS
quote:
The former Rocking B Steakhouse has the Sloppy Joe logo back up on the sign and a now hiring sign up.
Joe and Mae Fazzino own the building, and Joe has a history of making business's succeed, regardless the location. Lost count of how many convenience stores they rescued, and turned successful.
kraut
AG
quote:
Anyone know whats beening built at the corner of University Oaks/Feeder?
I believe a small office building.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.