BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2016)

537,968 Views | 1547 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
carpe vinum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's a tear down. It was sketchy 30 years ago.
dgonzo99
CapRock will expand into Bryan and be located in Bryan Towne Center.
http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/CapRock-announces-new-ER-location-for-Bryan-376782091.html
DontBeTriggered
What's all the new construction next to Target in Bryan. There's a hotel going in next to Cracker Barrel, but I'm talking about over next to the dollar store. Also, "Jumping World" will be moving into the location next to Aerofit Express there on Wildflower Drive. It's a trampoline style gym.
Sleepnumber
AG
quote:
What's all the new construction next to Target in Bryan. There's a hotel going in next to Cracker Barrel, but I'm talking about over next to the dollar store. Also, "Jumping World" will be moving into the location next to Aerofit Express there on Wildflower Drive. It's a trampoline style gym.
Plus the new Caprock ER
redd38
AG
Grahams night club changed their name to El Bajio apparently.
MiMi
S
Zaxby's has broken ground in the Capstone Center next to Walgreens.
bonfiresmoke
We need a good cigar shop in south College Station.
jja79
AG
Chicken.
95_Aggie
AG
South CS will become the chicken capital of College Station.
Rexter
Zazby's
Cyp011
AG
Zaxbys is excellent.
FlyRod
All the money moving down there and we're getting another chicken finger shack.
This is too awesome.

No wonder the Pappas Bros. Co. hesitated.
Cyp011
AG
Is it possible that Cstat is the chicken finger capital of the world. Also, how bad was fowl whatever that it couldn't last.
texasaggie04
AG
quote:
Is it possible that Cstat is the chicken finger capital of the world. Also, how bad was fowl whatever that it couldn't last.

I don't think Fowl Digits was bad as much as they were between Layne's (which has a diehard following) and Cane's (which has corporate money). I don't know why they chose that location.
carpe vinum
AG
How does zaxby's compare to cane's?
DontBeTriggered
The only thing that can save South College Station would be a Whole Foods, a La Madeline and an outdoor food/mall scenario of upscale restaurants similar to The Woodlands or Sugar Land concepts. Otherwise it's just out in b.f.e. as grandpa would say.
Tanya 93
The Zensation Zalad is amazing!
Broncos
quote:
The only thing that can save South College Station would be a Whole Foods, a La Madeline and an outdoor food/mall scenario of upscale restaurants similar to The Woodlands or Sugar Land concepts. Otherwise it's just out in b.f.e. as grandpa would say.

Why does SCS need saving? It's very quickly blowing up.
ChampsAg
We need a way to help the OP update the front page. Just scanned the list and a few things in the coming soon area are already open and new businesses not added
Prescient
As a fellow SCS resident, I'm also disappointed with the rapid expansion of fast food franchises in and around Tower Point. It may not become the chicken capital of Brazos County, but it is becoming the fast food capital. Blue Baker is well under way, but that's not exactly the kind of restaurant I'd like to see coming to my end of town (but I'll take it!). Hopefully, more sit-down quasi-upscale restaurants will head that way. Hate going to University Drive to eat out.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Damn 10 minutes is a lot for y'all? I don't have any problem with the travel times in this town because I used to drive 40 minutes to school and 40 minutes to the closest movie theatre and 40 minutes to the closest restaurant (not texmex).
CDub06
AG
Why do you live in SCS if you demand immediate convenience? Seems like a poor plan.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Ah, the old "used to be harder" argument.

I didn't move 40 mins from everything. I moved to SCS to enjoy a somewhat rural community, with the convenience of urban amenities a short drive away.

Yes, driving to University is a pain. It takes ~25 mins to get there, and then I get to stand in line for 45 mins with the students.

SCS sit down restaurants would have a less dense college crowd, which would make dining a bit more enjoyable. The city said 5 dine-in restaurants would be open at tower point by 2015. Well, we are waiting....
jja79
AG
I think you meant in 25 minutes you can be in Hearne not University Dr.
RGRAg1/75
AG
quote:
I think you meant in 25 minutes you can be in Hearne not University Dr.

Nope, I don't live off of 6. It takes me 25 mins to get to Texas Roadhouse/Cheddars area. Drive it a couple times a week.
ChampsAg
I live in Millican and can be on University in 20 minutes...tops
BigBubba
AG
I think we need a better definition of "south College Station". This term seems to mean different things to different people.
95_Aggie
AG
South of Barron Road?
BigBubba
AG
quote:
South of Barron Road?
I started a new topic to ask this question instead of filling up this topic with that question.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Yes, south of Barron Rd. Between Wellborn and Millican.

"20 mins tops" is if I hit every green light, and encounter zero traffic. Not the case around dinner time.

Google maps currently shows 13 mi and 21 mins from my drive way to Texas Roadhouse.

You can argue with me if you like, but I'm not imagining this. Sometimes it can be closer to 30 mins.
CDub06
AG
Ah yes. Texas Roadhouse - the prime mark of big city amenities
RGRAg1/75
AG
My daughter started calling it "the peanut" when she was 2.5 or 3. She loves the place bc of the peanuts.
Cyp011
AG
Your poor soul
mAgnoliAg
AG
**** Texas Roadhouse
RGRAg1/75
AG
Meh, we eat it a handful of times a year. We do visit Fish Daddy's much more frequently, however. Would be nice to have a few more options at tower point.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.