BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2016)

538,152 Views | 1547 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
mAgnoliAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
KBTX just reported that Must be Heaven in downtown Bryan is closing.
KidDoc
AG
quote:
I know people love MBH but I have never been impressed with stuff I could mostly slap together at home at 300% the cost. So a big eh to me sorry!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
mAgnoliAg
AG
I was actually just there last week for dessert after the village cafe lunch and I was like this place is way too big for must be heaven. I suggested that they cut it in half and lease two separate area. There's no way they ever even half the way fill it.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
I know people love MBH but I have never been impressed with stuff I could mostly slap together at home at 300% the cost. So a big eh to me sorry!

Scotch
AG
I've seen it full plenty of times, but the lack of evening hours was a head scratcher. I heard it was a lease restriction but whatever the reason, it was a negative.
halibut sinclair
quote:
Great spot for a sports bar.
Tailgate88
AG
On University, east of the bypass, they are putting in turn lanes that look like they will turn into the cleared area in the woods where the power lines run. This is before you get to the real estate office, Veteran's park etc. Anyone know what the scoop is there?
australopithecus robustus
Halibut,

Great spot for a sports bar? Please explain why
malibu9in1
quote:
quote:

Both spots. Always messy. Not clean.
toolshed
AG
quote:
On University, east of the bypass, they are putting in turn lanes that look like they will turn into the cleared area in the woods where the power lines run. This is before you get to the real estate office, Veteran's park etc. Anyone know what the scoop is there?

I assumed it was a U turn area to keep people from doing so at the traffic light, against traffic on the feeder road. May be it's necessary with the traffic volumes when Veterans Park is hosting events?
halibut sinclair
quote:
Halibut,

Great spot for a sports bar? Please explain why
Downtown Bryan needs a sports bar and that location will soon be empty?
FlyRod
Why does it need a sports bar?
halibut sinclair
quote:
Why does it need a sports bar?
Why doesn't it?
FlyRod
Good rationale. But I'd say Mr. G's would be a better space for that. And certainly a better use of that space than Mr. G's.

But to answer the above question, at least partly, other places like Proudest Monkey and Murphy's Law seem to provide perfectly fine game watching, and good beer to boot.
halibut sinclair

That would be a prime location, however and alas, it is not currently available for such an establishment to take up residence there. Therefore, a spot one block away must suffice.

Yes, there are other places in downtown Bryan that serve alcohol and have flat screen television devices. But they are not sports bars - meaning a place primarily devoted to watching various sports on so many different tv's that you don't know where to look.

Sports Bar - A bar catering especially to sports fans and typically containing several televisions and often sports memorabilia
redd38
AG
quote:

I think that's a new hotel
jja79
AG
You sound as if you doubt he's done a feasibility study.
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
quote:

I think that's a new hotel

It's closer to the bypass, not far after the bridge and before any buildings. The hotel is farther east.
carpe vinum
AG
I wonder if they are planning for a new road through there to facilitate future development.
fcag
AG
That new turn lane turns directly into the power line easement. My first thought was so that contractors could turn into there when they need to do maintainance on the easement and wouldn't have to make a u-turn at the light. It's a pretty steep drop down to grade through the gate, and that area down there is right in the middle of the flood plain.
I still haven't heard any REAL reasons why that would make a good sports bar.
halibut sinclair
Why wouldn't it?
Haha ok.
rc_cat
Sorry if already mentioned - but it looks like Pet Supplies Plus is opening/has opened in Bryan at the Towne Center.
fcag
AG
quote:
Sorry if already mentioned - but it looks like Pet Supplies Plus is opening/has opened in Bryan at the Towne Center.

They are open. We went there over the weekend.
threecatcorner
I think they have 2 locations (one in Bryan and one somewhere in College Station). Are both closing?
jrhmc
AG
quote:
I think they have 2 locations (one in Bryan and one somewhere in College Station). Are both closing?
If you're talking about Must Be Heaven, they have 3 locations: one in downtown Bryan, one on Villa Maria, and one on Rock Prairie. Only the downtown location is closing.
threecatcorner
I was asking about Jacque's. I know where the Bryan one is, and I thought they also had a CS one.
Oogway
A number of years ago, there was a Jacque's in the shopping center adjacent to the McDonald's on Rock Prairie. It was west of the pizza place in a narrow storefront. We used to shop there for gifts, etc but it closed after awhile. A skateboard shop opened in the same location, but didn't stay either.
AggiePhil
AG
Being told that GranDandy's Pizza closed down. Sad to see them go.
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:
Being told that GranDandy's Pizza closed down. Sad to see them go.

Damn.... really good food. The owner was great BUT.. he just kept having problems. Prolly half the orders I placed. , or tried to place , were late or canceled due to folks not showing up to work. I know that the owner really tried to make it work and , again, had awesome food...
Sad
Pyewacket
AG
The only Jacques in town is located on Texas Ave. next to Cafe Eccell and Brazos Natural Foods. Mom and pop places just can't compete in an Amazon economy.
FlyRod
Spotted a new food truck at the Citgo on Boyett and University this morning: Schwarma King. Be still my beating heart...
Scruffy
AG
quote:
Spotted a new food truck at the Citgo on Boyett and University this morning: Schwarma King. Be still my beating heart...

He said he's taking it to get the permits from the city today.
Don't know when he'll be up and running.
Also it's a chevron now.
FlyRod
Thanks for the correction. I believe this is the gas station His Highness wrote a Yelp review of accusing it of being an ISIS front (review since deleted).

I wish him well with his truck permit and can't wait to try it!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.