BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2016)

537,942 Views | 1547 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
Scruffy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It is the same.
I've known those guys for 10 years. Good people.
It'll be nice to get some different food trucks that aren't hipster fusion stuff.
RPJ83
This might have already been mentioned, but I noticed today there is a Carter's kids store going in at the complex where Michael's is.
FlyRod
quote:
It'll be nice to get some different food trucks that aren't hipster fusion stuff.

I thought only Chef Tai's was that?

I keep hearing rumors of a food truck court in either Bryan or CS, which would help attract more trucks.
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
It is the same.
I've known those guys for 10 years. Good people.

What kind of food will they have?
CDub06
AG
I'm guessing Shawarma
Scruffy
AG
quote:
quote:

I keep hearing rumors of a food truck court in either Bryan or CS, which would help attract more trucks.

Food truck court supposed to go at corner of university and wellborn. I've been told there is a hold-up because chimys built some of their parking on the land (not their land).
Told that it'll have a stage area for bands to play and real bathrooms (like the other northgate toilets).
Scruffy
AG
Shawarma.
K2T2
quote:
quote:

They're proposing one in the Northgate area, so says a friend who works for the city of College Station.

Edit: Too slow!
jja79
AG
RIP Carp's?
australopithecus robustus
Stage area for bands to play=violation of noise ordinance
Scruffy
AG
Not necessarily.
Schotzis had problems because they kept turning up the volume.
If done correctly it could be fun (like in south congress in Austin).
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
Shawarma.

I had never heard of that term before. It sounds delish.
Scruffy
AG
It is.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawarma
quote:

Shawarma or Shawurma (Arabic: / ALA-LC: shwarm is a Levantine Arab[1][2] meat preparation, where lamb, chicken, turkey, beef, veal, buffalo meat, or mixed meats are placed on a spit (commonly a vertical spit in restaurants), and may be grilled for as long as a day. Shavings are cut off the block of meat for serving, and the remainder of the block of meat is kept heated on the rotating spit. Shawarma can be served on a plate (generally with accompaniments), or as a sandwich or wrap. Shawarma is usually eaten with tabbouleh, fattoush, taboon bread, tomato, and cucumber. Toppings include tahini, hummus, pickled turnips, and amba.

Similar dishes in the region include Turkish dner kebabs and Greek gyros.[3]

redd38
AG
The Avengers seem to like it
FlyRod
This is how pastor tacos got started...Lebanese immigrants to Mexico. Non-hipster fusion FTW.

To keep on-thread, was told either a 5 Guys or an In and Out was going in down where Pappadeaux will be...in addition to, not in place of.
SchnauzerMom
I won't get my hopes up about either, but would love an In N Out!
Dennis Reynolds
quote:
RIP Carp's?
Been wondering about this for months now.
KidDoc
AG
quote:
quote:
RIP Carp's?
+1
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Broncos
quote:
quote:
quote:
RIP Carp's?
+1

Appears dead.
carpe vinum
AG
There should be some great news for the caprock/towerpoint area very soon along these lines. I don't know if I'm supposed to say anything yet.
war hymn aggie
AG
newest Blue Baker set to open on Wednesday 9/28.
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
There should be some great news for the caprock/towerpoint area very soon along these lines. I don't know if I'm supposed to say anything yet.

Along what lines? Something we know about opening or something we don't know about yet?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Grandandy's closed? Damn, that sucks

We could use a chicken and rice joint in town. Halal Guys or something.
rmarshall2014
AG
Anyone hear anything about La Bodega coming back? I know that was their original plan when they closed. Was one of my favorite places to get drinks in college...
meezermom
Rather than La Bodega, how about the original, La Taqueria?! I still crave that place...
AgsWin2011
AG
quote:

Come on you can't come on here and say that without at least dropping a hint of what it is!
KidDoc
AG
quote:
quote:

Come on you can't come on here and say that without at least dropping a hint of what it is!
I just know that once Mad Taco opens I may be in trouble with my PCP.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
carpe vinum
AG
quote:
quote:

I did. "Along these lines" in reference to a place that sells tasty beverages.
BaitShack
AG
Does anyone know what's going in at the old Kroger location at Texas & Southwest Parkway? There seems to be something in progress.

Max06
AG
quote:
After several months of construction, hard work and preparation our fourth Blue Baker location has finally opened in south College Station! Stop by, grab some food and check out our new, fancy digs!
mgreen
quote:
quote:
After several months of construction, hard work and preparation our fourth Blue Baker location has finally opened in south College Station! Stop by, grab some food and check out our new, fancy digs!

Congratualtions and welcome to south CS!!!!!
AgsWin2011
AG
4th location? I know of the one on Dominik and University. Where's the 3rd Blue Baker?
jrhmc
AG
quote:
4th location? I know of the one on Dominik and University. Where's the 3rd Blue Baker?
There's one in Austin.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.