BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2016)

538,189 Views | 1547 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
The Egg & I - Next to Hungry Howie's Bryan location

We're finally getting a breakfast place?
Fonzie Scheme
AG
quote:
quote:
Then he wasn't ready to open.

That's a little harsh don't u think? If you were paying thousands on a lease would you "wait" a month to open or would you do a soft opening like most businesses to work out early kinks yet still make some sales to pay them bills?

You can't tell Jja that. He's an expert on everything.
jja79
AG
Actually no fonzie. Not at all. This is a message board and it's mostly people's opinions. My opinion is he wasn't ready to open if he's not staffed. Doesn't make me an expert, just means I have an opinion.

We went to try his business today and he was closed. His competitors were open. Since I wasn't able to try his business tell me this. Is it so much better than the competition that's open normal business hours that it should be given another chance?
australopithecus robustus
That's unbelievable
mgreen
quote:
quote:

I was hoping for Another Broken Egg. Much better menu and concept. They even pack them in for lunch.
deh40
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I was hoping for Another Broken Egg. Much better menu and concept. They even pack them in for lunch.
The only time I ate at Another Broken Egg may have been the most overpriced breakfast I have ever eaten.
FlyRod
I heard they had a soft opening Saturday, but I've seen no review from He Who Shall Not Be Named to let us know if we should try it or not.
FlyRod
That place looks great!

Though after looking at the nutrition info posted, might be a good idea to ask them to go easy on the salt...wow.
hot dog
AG
Can't wait for Black Walnut. Their breakfast is great.
bcstx06
quote:
I believe the place is called "First Watch". http://www.firstwatch.com

Either way. A breakfast option not named Denny's or IHOP is great by me!
They have College Station on their coming soon page. That location next to Hungry Howies is in Bryan.
http://www.firstwatch.com/coming-soon/

*Update

The location next to Hungry Howies is the location. It will be the first location in Texas. But the website lists the wrong city as the location. 4501 S. Texas Ave. in Bryan not College Station.
http://www.firstwatch.com/locations/
FlyRod
Yes.
mgreen
Another Broken Egg is a client of mine. I met with the group that owns most of the Texas rights on Friday and am trying to push them here. They are developing Dallas, Austin.and San Antonio first but he did show interest in College Station.
FlyRod
Had to chuckle at that Bundt cake place. I remember my mother talking about how those things were "in" during the '70s...
Broncos
quote:
quote:
folks would rather claim college station...can ya blame 'em lol! https://eatbcs.com/2016/05/15/breakfast-focused-first-watch-cafe-coming-to-bcs/
Where are they claiming College Station?

Their website. "Coming soon to College Station."
DBA
Rx Pizza opens on Monday, 5/16, in Downtown Bryan. We've been watching the progress as the owner of the business has definitely put sweat equity into bringing new life to this historic building. Welcome to the neighborhood!
Gilli004
We need Trader Joe's to move in here...fast.
LastHamlet
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
folks would rather claim college station...can ya blame 'em lol! https://eatbcs.com/2016/05/15/breakfast-focused-first-watch-cafe-coming-to-bcs/

I see it now. I bet it makes the food taste better.
dgonzo99
quote:
Rx Pizza opens on Monday, 5/16, in Downtown Bryan. We've been watching the progress as the owner of the business has definitely put sweat equity into bringing new life to this historic building. Welcome to the neighborhood!
The owner definitely gets a 100. The inside is beautiful.
dgonzo99
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I see it now. I bet it makes the food taste better.
The can list the address however they want. Bryan gets all the tax revenue!!!!!!
jac4
AG
quote:
quote:

FYI, It was designed by local architecture firm PACT design studio as well.

http://www.pactdesignstudio.com
dgonzo99
quote:
quote:
quote:

FYI, It was designed by local architecture firm PACT design studio as well.

http://www.pactdesignstudio.com
Thanks for posting their website. I see that they also designed Carini Townhouses close to Downtown Bryan.
gopitt
Great to see downtown Bryan doing so well. Making it a regular destination, particularly on weekends when I love the buzz of activity. Night and day from 10 years ago. Kudos to all those driving the great changes.
texasaggie04
AG
Stopped by rx pizza tonight. Didn't eat, just went to say hi. The people there are friendly, which is already a win in my book. I'll be happy to eat there.
spudag
AG
Ate at RX Pizza tonight and it was excellent! Everything was top notch and the atmosphere is amazing. This place is going to do very well and I feel like it will help take downtown Bryan a different direction. The hours are great as it's open until 11PM every night expect for Thursday, Friday and Saturday where it will be open until 2AM. Owner was as nice as can be and took a lot of time to tell me about the restaurant. Do yourself a favor and go try this place.
DontBeTriggered
Talking to the girls at work, that new bundt place is supposed to be amazing. They rave about the ones they've been to before. I have a huge sweet tooth on my free-day. As an athlete I am egg-cited about the healthy breakfast meals at First Watch. Love livin' in the twin-cities, it's getting exciting here!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Nothing Bundt Cake is gona kill it here. Surprised it took this long for someone to get a franchise here.
dave99ag
AG
Agreed. My wife brought home chocolate and lemon cakes from their Woodlands location yesterday. Very tasty!
BourbonOTR
Edit: tried to post a pic of the Carp's Sports Bar sign that is up now. It didn't work. But there is a sign up.
nonag97
Ronin Cooking to Bring Fresh Farm Fare to Bryan's Ice House on Main

Ronin Cooking, best known for fine farm-to-table meals served at their Full Moon Dinners and catered events, will be serving up fresh food at the Ice House on Main's new farm-to-table restaurant as early as this fall. Ronin and AdventGX, the Ice House developer, entered into an agreement for the new Downtown Bryan restaurant this week.

http://www.icehouseonmain.com/
csnole
Didn't see this listed on the front page but I received a mailer from Smash Burger saying "We're in your neighborhood" 233 Houston Street College Station, TX

What's the scoop? Is it open yet?
nonag97
quote:
Didn't see this listed on the front page but I received a mailer from Smash Burger saying "We're in your neighborhood" 233 Houston Street College Station, TX

Smashburger opened on campus fall of 2014.
Cayaggie01
AG
Agreed. The wife and I called a few months ago just outta curiosity, and they said they had literally just approved a franchisee.

Place is awesome.
Scotch
AG
quote:
quote:

Smashburger opened on campus fall of 2014.
That's what I'd call snail mail.
FlyRod
Ronin Cooking is some of the best food I've had in BCS, ever. This a great development for Bryan.
FlyRod
Blake from Big Daddy Z's food truck shutting down and starting a new truck selling cheesesteaks called "Blake's Steaks." Not my thing, but seems like it will do well in BCS.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.