BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2016)

537,956 Views | 1547 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
thesleepstation
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
Halal Guys is great stuff! Bet my brother in law 100$ to drink a packet of the red sauce! Was not pretty!
ChampsAg
Loved the new Blue Baker! Online and pick up orders were crazy. They have a screen outside with the status of your order. Also a kids area outside which was a great idea.

A little slow tonight but I'm confident they get that worked out.
FlyRod
Blue Baker is all-some.

And kudos to SOCSTAT for getting another decent place to eat besides Kamei.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
if you guys want good chicken and rice and don't wana go to NYC then the next best thing is the Shawrma King Food Truck in the Houston Medical Center area.

it is EPIC.

and the portions are 2 meals worth even for a hungry guy. you can thank me later.
redd38
AG
quote:
if you guys want good chicken and rice and don't wana go to NYC then the next best thing is the Shawrma King Food Truck in the Houston Medical Center area.

it is EPIC.

and the portions are 2 meals worth even for a hungry guy. you can thank me later.
Is that the same Shawrma King food truck that just arrived on northgate?
Scruffy
AG
I think it's a franchise.
Clo004
Apparently Wolfies has been closed down. Signs on the door says property has been seized and there was a guy throwing out all the food before the power is shut off. I would go often during crawfish season but that was it.
redd38
AG
quote:
Apparently Wolfies has been closed down. Signs on the door says property has been seized and there was a guy throwing out all the food before the power is shut off. I would go often during crawfish season but that was it.

I was just thinking the other week how impressive it was that they were still open.
nashvilleaggie11
Hmm... I've all of a sudden started hearing commercials for them on the radio station. Strange they would start that when about to close. Never been there so have no opinion on their closing.
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:

I saw a bunch of cops outside of it about a week ago.
halibut sinclair
Taco Crave Taco Bar coming to downtown Bryan in the old Lemon Wedge location:

https://eatbcs.com/2016/09/28/taco-crave-taco-bar-coming-to-downtown-bryan/
ChampsAg
Apparently Wolfies was late on the rent and got locked out. My company services that location and we are trying to get our stuff out.
nashvilleaggie11
Supposedly FasTracKids closed on Friday.
95_Aggie
AG
Anyone know what is going in due west of Taco Bell in TowerPoint? I thought maybe it was Freddy's, but wasn't that supposed to go between TB and the Dentist?
kraut
AG
AGnCS said:

Anyone know what is going in due west of Taco Bell in TowerPoint? I thought maybe it was Freddy's, but wasn't that supposed to go between TB and the Dentist?

Is that where Bahama Bucks is going?
carpe vinum
AG

95_Aggie
AG
so it's not Freddy's
fcag
AG
New sign up in the Woodstone Shopping Center for Tone 360 Fitness Studio, in the old Izzy's spot.
carpe vinum
AG
KidDoc
AG
carpe vinum said:

I hope they make it fairly large, it will kill in this area.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
carpe vinum
AG
AGnCS said:

so it's not Freddy's
I assumed the parking lot shown in the plan to the left was Taco Bell as it is existing, but theoretically it could be showing a plan for the future corner lot I suppose.
Frio Cielo
It is crazy in a "free" county such as we supposed to be for a restaurant to not be able to easily open on a major commercial highway in amongst other commercial businesses.
BQ_90
AG
Not sure it was going to do very well at the intended location in the first place.

Not sure why anyone cares, isn't there enough sing joints in town!
BryanPooch
That area could use a good restaurant. I don't think Hooters filled the bill as word of mouth on its food and operations have turned so negative. I'm not sure I would have ever set foot in the place.
NateDog
AG
Frio Cielo said:

It is crazy in a "free" county such as we supposed to be for a restaurant to not be able to easily open on a major commercial highway in amongst other commercial businesses.

None of their permits were denied, so who or what made them unable to "easily open"?
techno-ag
AG
Belton Ag said:

Broncos said:

According to KBTX, Hooters has withdrawn their TABC permit.

Thanks a lot to everyone who petitioned against it. In the long run you're not only keeping Hooters away but other prospective businesses.
They said there was only one objection to the permit. I seriously doubt that kept them away.
The power of one!
halibut sinclair
Mayor Bienski posted this on the Next Door website. Sounds like he's in lame duck mode now:

Quote:

Target blocked them from locating within the shopping center. They have that right as the major anchor. Feel free gentlemen to use the ladies restrooms at Target, they have no problem with that, but had a problem with Hooters. I am told They are looking at other locations. For those who have an issue with Hooters why didn't you have an issue with Woodies and Cindy's? There are far worse things in this world. Gig'Em !
AC Hopper
S
What's the rest of the story on Wolfie's?
Tom Hagen
AG
AC Hopper said:

What's the rest of the story on Wolfie's?
That sucks. It was one of the few places in town with Buzztime trivia.
Scruffy
AG
I asked a former employee after reading that here.
She didn't know and asked her friend who "still" worked there.
No idea.
BryanPooch
Most of the heavy duty NTN/Buzztime players from Wolfie's have returned to Buffalo Wild Wings. It's too bad more of these players don't venture out for the top games such as Showdown on Tuesday at 7:30 or SIX (the Trivial Pursuit knockoff) on Wednesdays and Thursdays, also at 7:30. I also wish Fox & Hound would bring it back. Often 25 or 30 players were playing at once there.
I guess cellphone games have stolen a lot of bar trivia luster as have the live venues. I've kind of lost track of where and when live trivia is played around town. Anyone know?
FNG
BryanPooch said:

Most of the heavy duty NTN/Buzztime players from Wolfie's have returned to Buffalo Wild Wings. It's too bad more of these players don't venture out for the top games such as Showdown on Tuesday at 7:30 or SIX (the Trivial Pursuit knockoff) on Wednesdays and Thursdays, also at 7:30. I also wish Fox & Hound would bring it back. Often 25 or 30 players were playing at once there.
I guess cellphone games have stolen a lot of bar trivia luster as have the live venues. I've kind of lost track of where and when live trivia is played around town. Anyone know?

IIRC, Tuesday night is trivia at Washbangers and Wednesday its at World of Beer but that would need to be confirmed.
bcstx06
halibut sinclair said:

Mayor Bienski posted this on the Next Door website. Sounds like he's in lame duck mode now:

Quote:

Target blocked them from locating within the shopping center. They have that right as the major anchor. Feel free gentlemen to use the ladies restrooms at Target, they have no problem with that, but had a problem with Hooters. I am told They are looking at other locations. For those who have an issue with Hooters why didn't you have an issue with Woodies and Cindy's? There are far worse things in this world. Gig'Em !

If they are looking for a new location, The City of Bryan better do all it can to accommodate them. Or guess what, College station will take it just like it gets everything else. I think University Drive across from Veterans Park on the Bryan side would be a good location. Or near the Atlas Hotel development.
Post removed:
by user
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

I think the word is out among developers that the City of Bryan wants them and the People's Republik of Kollege Station makes it as difficult as they possibly can
Yeah ... all that non-developing going on in CS is really tough.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.