BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2016)

537,955 Views | 1547 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BREAKING FURNITURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kitten With A Whip
quote:
***** BREAKING ******
HAVERTY'S FURNITURE is moving into Hastings old College Station location. Ugh. A furniture store. Just saw the blueprints in the window.
Why on earth would you thumb that down? We desperately NEED a few more furniture stores that offer something besides cheap college student furniture.
OnlyANobody
quote:
quote:
***** BREAKING ******
HAVERTY'S FURNITURE is moving into Hastings old College Station location. Ugh. A furniture store. Just saw the blueprints in the window.
Why on earth would you thumb that down? We desperately NEED a few more furniture stores that offer something besides cheap college student furniture.
I agree! I was thinking that the only thing breaking from this happening will be my bank account....
dgonzo99
Unlike Ashley, Haverty's sells quality furniture. Ashley is cheap for a reason, not well made from experience.
techno-ag
AG
Haverty's.
halibut sinclair
FlyRod
Vulcan
Katie's is closing. (Accessory store near Ulta)
eloc62
I am in the used furniture business here in town. anytime we get a piece of Haverty's furniture in the store, it sells very quickly. good, quality furniture.
PS3D
quote:
quote:
Wowzers!

http://www.wayfair.com/

It's a support center, as I understand it.

What's with all the thumbs up? It's a call center that just adds a bunch of low-paying, mostly part-time jobs to the area, and one that just replaces another dead call center at that.

Bienski's comment about needing them after layoffs from O&G is laughable, and overall, this probably does as much for the local economy as Bush's Chicken did for the local restaurant scene.
FlyRod
^Yep.
halibut sinclair
dgonzo99
PS3D, I was taught not to be disrespectful of other people's jobs whatever they might be. Not everyone is able to find the super high paying job that you probably have.
redd38
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Wowzers!

http://www.wayfair.com/

It's a support center, as I understand it.

What's with all the thumbs up? It's a call center that just adds a bunch of low-paying, mostly part-time jobs to the area, and one that just replaces another dead call center at that.

Bienski's comment about needing them after layoffs from O&G is laughable, and overall, this probably does as much for the local economy as Bush's Chicken did for the local restaurant scene.

Why wouldn't you give a new employer a thumbs up? Would you prefer those potential employees remain unemployed?
PS3D
quote:
PS3D, I was taught not to be disrespectful of other people's jobs whatever they might be. Not everyone is able to find the super high paying job that you probably have.

What makes you think I have a high paying job? Better yet, if I did, why would I care?
dgonzo99
quote:
quote:

What makes you think I have a high paying job? Better yet, if I did, why would I care?
redd38 gets it. Apparently other people don't. Why make a trolling comment when you don't even know what they are going to pay?
carpe vinum
AG
quote:
quote:

Not everyone goes to college. They pay 12-15 per hour plus benefits and has opportunity for team leads, supervisors etc in addition to all the management and admin jobs. It provides a good opportunity for a bunch of people. Fills a nice niche in the workforce. Nothing to scoff at. The alternative is mostly retail or manual labor.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Well, now that y'all have thrown up all over the Coming and Going thread, staff will have to clean it up. Thanks, PlayStation 3 for the sanctimonious derail.
CWIsom
Dairy Queen on North Texas in Bryan is getting torn down and a new one built where the piano place was!
dgonzo99
Two 3243sqft buildings to be used for residential and commercial are being proposed for North Bryan Avenue in Downtown Bryan.
sawemoff94
AG
quote:
quote:
Please bring a Freddy's to College Station now that we are out here. Underrated hamburger.
There's a Freddy's at Boonville and 6!
Mooyah is just as good (and just as expensive) for CS folks not wanting to drive 10 minutes north on the bypass.
PS3D
The New Development lists a "Stirling High Rise" at 711 University Drive, the site of the current BB&T bank. Neat!
dgonzo99
A new park and pavilion is planned for Traditions in Bryan.
carpe vinum
AG
quote:
Dairy Queen on North Texas in Bryan is getting torn down and a new one built where the piano place was!
When are they closing the old location?
AggiePhil
AG
The old La Bodega building has been demolished. It was in bad shape but...lots of memories there.
CWIsom
Not sure yet
musicforall
Master Yakiniku has opened in Bryan. Give them a week to work out the kinks - lots of mistakes being made as they figure out how much staff they need.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Wait, an Asian restaurant just opened in B/CS and he-who-shall-not-be-named DIDN'T get the FTR on Yelp?
PS3D
More details on the 711 University tower have come in. It will be a 16 story building, six of which is parking/ground floor retail (there's a bank space, presumably for BB&T, and a larger retail space). 224 units.
redd38
AG
quote:
The old La Bodega building has been demolished. It was in bad shape but...lots of memories there.
Do we know what's going in there?
Scotch
AG
quote:
More details on the 711 University tower have come in. It will be a 16 story building, six of which is parking/ground floor retail (there's a bank space, presumably for BB&T, and a larger retail space). 224 units.

The Rise seemed to be built to have a mirror image (or close to it) where the new tower will be. The pool(s) would be on the interior then.
bcstx06
I know I need to update the front page and I will soon.

I guess Northgate Juice Joint is adding a 2nd location. This one will be in Bryan at 2705 Osler Blvd near CHI St. Joseph's Hospital.
double b
AG
Heads up, Avant Garde Prep - Innovative Higher Education Consulting has rebranded their name to Avant Garde - College Prep Services. Visit their website to see the latest news and why the name was changed.

Avant Garde - College Prep Services
D_Wag97
AG
Hopefully the 711 University tower won't include Soviet-era architecture..
bcstx06
H&M coming to Post Oak mall: H&M Post Oak Mall

quote:
H&M announced plans to open a store in College Station this fall. The 20,000-square-foot store in Post Oak Mall will add to 23 locations already open in Texas. H&M, which sells women's, men's, teen and children's clothing and accessories, has six locations in Houston, including recently opened stores in Pearland and CityCentre.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.