BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2016)

538,056 Views | 1547 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
Kitten With A Whip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It would be nice if you all could take these off-shoot discussions to another thread. It gets long enough without all the chatter from the armchair experts.
carpe vinum
AG
This might be interesting to see projected development.

basketaggie
AG
In regards to the Central Market, I asked last fall when I had a meeting with some HEB main office people. They told me no way. That San Antonio would be the most likely to get another second location, and more in the other existing cities.
TXAG 05
AG
quote:
In regards to the Central Market, I asked last fall when I had a meeting with some HEB main office people. They told me no way. That San Antonio would be the most likely to get another second location, and more in the other existing cities.

This. There is only 1 in the city of Houston. Houston will get at least 2 more before they even think about putting one in BCS. Yes, college kids have more money now, but they are still poor college kids, not who keep stores like that open.
Mr. Griswold
quote:
Yes, college kids have more money now, but they are still poor college kids, not who keep stores like that open.

Poor??
TXAG 05
AG
Not broke poor, but definitely on the lower end of the spectrum
war hymn aggie
AG
noticed that a restaurant called "Wayback Burgers" will be opening up on Texas Ave in the new retail center across from Chik-Fil-A in CS.

[url] http://waybackburgers.com/aboutus/[/url]
PS3D
Wayback Burgers was announced a while back (and to add to the "Central Market" discussion, only Dallas has more than 1 or 2...and they don't have regular H-E-B stores).
Rexter
Hooters applied for their beverage permit
FlyRod
quote:

Oh the threads this is going to generate...
La Fours
AG
quote:
Wayback Burgers was announced a while back (and to add to the "Central Market" discussion, only Dallas has more than 1 or 2...and they don't have regular H-E-B stores).
They are about to have some HEB stores in DFW.

HEB bought 6 stores in DFW area
PS3D
They still have five Central Market stores to the six stores they bought (that's a very high ratio), and if you read the article and didn't just skim the headline they state that Central Market is still the main format for D/FW and that they don't actually know what they are going to do with the stores they bought.
Broncos
quote:

See. I know what I'm talking about every once in a while.
AggiePlaya
AG
quote:
Hooters is really opening a location here?
toocool
Hooter's at Bryan Towne Center.
Rexter
quote:
Hooter's at Bryan Towne Center.

Yup

PUBLIC NOTICE Application is being made with the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission for a Mixed Beverage Permit, Mixed Beverage Late Hours Permit, Caterer's Permit, and Cartage Permit by TW Restaurant Holder, LLC, d/b/a Hooters located at 3000 Towne Center Way, Bryan, Brazos County, TX 77802. Officers of said Corporation are Terrance M. Marks, Mgr/Pres/CEO, and Claudia K. Levitas, Mgr/EVP/CFO/S.
halibut sinclair
FlyRod
OnlyANobody
techno-ag
AG
Well I guess we can move that one out of the rumor category.
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
My wife just signed a lease to open her second Kid to Kid (children's resale...clothing, shoes, equipment, toys, maternity) location in the space next to Kroger at Hwy 6 & Wm J Bryan. Looking to open Q4 '16 or 1Q '17.
Wicked Good Ag
Mickey's sliders reopen today and so goes 555 grill (asian fusion place next to 4.0 and Go)
Whoop04
Is mickeys sliders any good?
KidDoc
AG
quote:
Is mickeys sliders any good?
They have pretty interesting options I like it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FlyRod
They are good and unique. Survived the early wave of negative nannies predicting their demise because they sold sliders rather than ginormous 2 lb burgers.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Their sodas are good. The sliders are alright but aren't as good as others in town like proudest monkey or Koppe bridge or even BWD
MiMi
S
Koppe Bridge has sliders?
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
Koppe Bridge has sliders?

Burgers they are burgers that I'm judging the taste on
Tailgate88
AG
I talked to a guy who is a manager at HEB. Central market is not coming here anytime soon.
jac4
AG
Maybe a Sprouts or a Natural Grocers will take a chance here. I don't know anything about commercial real estate or grocery retail, but I think that type of place is a niche that would do well here.
FlyRod
Sprouts tested the market here and pulled out. BCS shoppers don't want "frou-frou" grocery stores...at least not yet.
jenmarin04
jenmarin04
AG
quote:
My wife just signed a lease to open her second Kid to Kid (children's resale...clothing, shoes, equipment, toys, maternity) location in the space next to Kroger at Hwy 6 & Wm J Bryan. Looking to open Q4 '16 or 1Q '17.
Love Kid to Kid...will do great in B/CS!
techno-ag
AG
[Meh. This thread is about businesses that are coming and going. If you want to give an opinion on a business, start your own thread. -Staff]
momlaw
AG
While you are waiting for a more mainstream natural groceries option please consider Village Foods and Brazos Naturals pack an amazing amount of product into tiny retail footprints.
Village Foods also has a web source for additional products.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.