BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2016)

538,048 Views | 1547 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yep, official listing does say BBQ 13-0.
carpe vinum
AG
I think the sips trademarked "Bevo".
eloc62
driving down Wellborn road at SW pkwy. saw a place called Taco Bar now open. any info? also on same trip down Wellborn saw a place in the same strip center as swamp tails called Eatology. any info?
jrhmc
AG
Quick Google search turned up this.

http://www.eatology.co/
Fonzie Scheme
AG
quote:
In an effort to keep our meal selection constantly varied, our menu changes "DAILY"!! As a result there is no guarantee that we will have the same selection tomorrow that we do today.

Generally, Males eat 3B or "Large" and Females eat 2B or "Medium".

Please only select meals from the menu if you have submitted a "Custom Order" and paid in advance. For "Recurring Orders", please select your meals between Friday at 4:00PM, and the dead line for a custom order to be submitted is Midnight the Sunday before "Shipping Monday".

Sounds complicated. Enjoy being out of business soon.
K2T2
quote:
Eatology has been around for a few years, it's not a new business.
FlyRod
http://www.tacobarbcs.com/

Menu looks fantastic. Going to check it out for lunch today.

UPDATE: nice place. Owner is from Matamoros, and an Aggie. The tacos are on the small side, but they are adding a larger size soon. Interesting fillings, like cochinita pibil (bbq pork Yucatan style) not found elsewhere. They have breakfast tacos. Sopa de fideo on the menu, which I haven't seen anywhere else here as well. A couple vegetarian options.

Owner is super-interested in feedback, and staff are friendly and fast. They open at 7 am.

Tacos about $2.79 a taco.
Rockdoc
AG
Where is it. Couldn't find an address anywhere on that link.
AgFan1999
AG
excited about Jersey Mikes. Love them. I still miss Blimpie on westgate. They would grill my sandwich perfect each time.
redd38
AG
quote:
quote:
In an effort to keep our meal selection constantly varied, our menu changes "DAILY"!! As a result there is no guarantee that we will have the same selection tomorrow that we do today.

Generally, Males eat 3B or "Large" and Females eat 2B or "Medium".

Please only select meals from the menu if you have submitted a "Custom Order" and paid in advance. For "Recurring Orders", please select your meals between Friday at 4:00PM, and the dead line for a custom order to be submitted is Midnight the Sunday before "Shipping Monday".

Intelligent people eat too.
dgonzo99
Heritage Ranch Estates will be developed close to Don Adam's new Oakmont development in East Bryan. New retail is also planned for the area.
DontBeTriggered
Eatology is meal planning for athletes, fitness types and those needing medically healthy meal plans.
FlyRod
http://www.yelp.com/biz/eatology-paleo-zone-bryan

Appears to be catering to those on that Paleo thing.
eloc62
quote:
http://www.tacobarbcs.com/

Menu looks fantastic. Going to check it out for lunch today.

UPDATE: nice place. Owner is from Matamoros, and an Aggie. The tacos are on the small side, but they are adding a larger size soon. Interesting fillings, like cochinita pibil (bbq pork Yucatan style) not found elsewhere. They have breakfast tacos. Sopa de fideo on the menu, which I haven't seen anywhere else here as well. A couple vegetarian options.

Owner is super-interested in feedback, and staff are friendly and fast. They open at 7 am.

Tacos about $2.79 a taco.
went there for lunch today. the cochinita pibil was awesome. will go back for that again. they were sold out of the peccadillo, but i will go back to try that next time. tortillas might be small, but they put a very generous amount of meat in them. be sure to ask for some of their green salsa for your tacos, really good and perfect amount of heat. think i found me a new taco place!
ThunderCatsHOOOO!
I too ate at TacoBar recently and had a great experience, even on day 4 of opening!

The owner greeted my party as we walked through the door, and the staff was very helpful walking us through all the options and styles of meat. I had the Cochinita Pibil (slow cooked pork) and Beef Fajita tacos topped with their Rajas Con Queso (roasted strips of onion and poblano peppers with white cheese sauce...very tasty!). We also ordered Chicharron (crispy pork skin aka pork rinds - not greasy at all, fresh and delicious!) with "Taco Bar" Con Queso (made with ghost peppers and habenero pepper). The only criticism I had was the Taco Bar queso wasnt spicy enough. When I saw that it had ghost peppers and habenero I was ready for a punch, but was sadly disappointed. That being said, the owner stopped by our table and thanked us for coming in and asked us if we had any suggestions for improvement, so I mentioned the queso should be spicier. he was very gracious in accepting the criticism and acknowledged they could make it spicier. The sense I got was they were still testing the flavors of items with customers and things should tighten up a bit as time goes on.

The portion sizes were generous but if you are looking for the best value, I suggest getting a plate over individual tacos. You can get any meat as a plate and it comes with a heaping portion of meat, rice, beans and 3 tortillas (corn or flour). The plates are priced just under $8 and each taco is $2.79-2.99. Still a great value for authentic mexican fare.

I didnt try the breakfast tacos but we arrived at lunch and they still had all their breakfast tacos available so it looks like its an all day thing. There drive through isnt open the first two weeks of business, but will be after that. I think that will certainly make it convenient, and maybe help with the drive thru line that tends to pile up at Layne's (located in the same shopping center).
Rexter
Without reading thru 2 or 3 pages to see if already mentioned, there was work going on at the former Taste of China building this evening.
Drea42
Q Beauty (by Post Oak Mall) is moving into that space.
D_Wag97
AG
Heard a rumor from someone this past weekend that a hotel is being planned for somewhere along 2818 in CS, along with a la Madeleine cafe. Has anyone else heard of this?
Wicked Good Ag
Going to BBQ 13-0 tomorrow for lunch. I know the owner but will give an honest opinion. My understanding it is a soft opening currently and sandwich based rather than plate based.
CDub06
AG
I'm interested in hearing your feedback.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Had a sample on Friday. Nothing special. Will retest when true sliced brisket is available. Others in the group tasting agreed.
australopithecus robustus
"And is the old Prospector's space an option for Whole Foods/Sprouts/Trader Joes? That entire shopping center could use a revamp."

That shopping center just received a huge revamp by the new owner and he busted his butt and filled all the vacancies that the previous ownership couldn't or wouldn't. New ownership did parking, facade etc. They couldn't have filled it up if they didn't.

The prospectors space is a difficult one. Any savvy prospective tenant can see from a mile away that the parking situation over there is jacked from the tutoring and planet fitness.

Something could still be done there, but it would take experience and a special skill set.
motherrunnersBCS
Whatever happened to Aldis? A trampoline place is going in to the center where Village Foods moved from, how does that leave enough space for a grocery store?
WildlifeAg02
Aldis are very tiny- generally the size of your (older) average convenience stores. The old Village Foods was much much much too large for an Aldi on it's own. I'm sure they will share the space.
Wicked Good Ag
In regards to BBQ 13-0. Sandwiches rather than plates I thought the food was decent. Surprised a bit by white cheddar cheese in brisket sandwch but wasnt bad at all. I think the price point is too high based upon menu.

It still needs tweeking but the owner told me he has the summer to get it all in order.

Will go back the meatloaf sandwich sounds interesting

FlyRod
RX Pizza in downtown Bryan shooting for Monday opening. Had a nice chat with folks there. Cool looking place. Full bar. Brick pizza oven. The menu looks really intetesting.
nonag97
Place called Twisted Noodle Cafe has a coming soon sign, located in the Kroger shopping center on Texas Ave. On the side, next to Subway.
CDub06
AG
The ever popular "Asian Fusion" theme I assume?
curry97
AG
Sign is up for Carp's Sports Bar and Grill in shopping center by Taco Casa on Fitch
Rockdoc
AG
Anybody know anything about this bar?
RGRAg1/75
AG
quote:
Sign is up for Carp's Sports Bar and Grill in shopping center by Taco Casa on Fitch

Hope they have good wings!
Rockdoc
AG
Yeah if they have good snacks and margaritas, I'm there! It's close.
Broncos
quote:

Details! Anyone? Anyone?
Tailgate88
AG
It's a Sports Bar. The name is Carp's. They will have lots of TVs to watch sports and stuff. They'll be beer, wine, possibly some mixed drinks. They'll also have a grill and should be serving hamburgers, cheeseburgers, french fries, onion rings, cheese fries, nachos, fried cheese etc.

That's pretty much all I know so far.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.