BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2016)

538,085 Views | 1547 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone see Tea2Go on The Profit recently? Very eye opening.
Broncos
Tailgate88 said:

Gold's Gym coming soon sign is up at Tower Point. It says it will have a pool.

This I like.
FlyRod
Me too. Should relieve pressure from the main CS Gold's.
FNG
AggiePhil said:

No

Have a link?
thesleepstation
Sponsor
AG
FNG said:

AggiePhil said:

No

Have a link?
http://www.theprofitupdates.com/2016/10/the-profit-american-tea-and-spice-tea-2-go.html
BRIANVD04
AG
thesleepstation said:

FNG said:

AggiePhil said:

No

Have a link?
http://www.theprofitupdates.com/2016/10/the-profit-american-tea-and-spice-tea-2-go.html

I watched it, it would be a no brainer for me to jump on Marcus' bandwagon.
AgsWin2011
AG
Had to make a run to Walgreens tonight and noticed they have the menu at the drive thru of Zaxby's installed when I drove by. When is it opening?
95_Aggie
AG
SIAP ... anyone know what is going in north of Verizon in TowerPoint?
newsjunkie
There used to be a place off Hwy 21 that had a bait shop and hair salon in the same building But seriously, we don't need any more chicken places. We need a Joes Crab Shack, decent mexican food and of course, a James Coney Island!
SARATOGA
Quote:

The past few years there has been a boom in home construction and hotels in Bryan, but retail and restaurants, in my opinion, are lacking.

How can College Station have 2 Rasing Cane's, 3 Laynes and a Zaxby's and Bryan no chicken finger restaurants ??? Just sayin!

*Had to edit because College Station has 3 Laynes not 2.

Um, we'd happily trade 3 chicken places, 5 banks, 4 phone stores, 3 nail places, and 2 more fast food restaurants to be named later for any of the following:

Maddens
Republic
CasaRod
Longhorn Tavern
BlackwaterDraw

Sincerely, Towerpoint patrons.
australopithecus robustus
Until the real estate prices soften or per capital retail spending down there increases, or both, it's not likely to get a decent independent full service restaurant down there.
FlyRod
This conversation has been going on for years. I've been hearing "follow the money south!" for as long as I can remember...

Then every year, a new fast food joint pops up down there.
KidDoc
AG
Mad Taco is coming!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bcstx06
Has anyone else heard rumors of a Dick's Sporting Goods coming to the Bryan Target Center? It seems like everything we hear rumored for that area never happens (Costco, Hooters). I hope it's true!
Rapier108
KBTX just reported that Must be Heaven will not be leaving its downtown Bryan location.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Rapier108 said:

KBTX just reported that Must be Heaven will not be leaving its downtown Bryan location.
FlyRod
T&P for those downtown Bryan sports bar fantasists...
KidDoc
AG
SIAP but what is going in by Verizon at Tower Point?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
95_Aggie
AG
so much for getting serious responses on this thread anymore
carpe vinum
AG
AGnCS said:

so much for getting serious responses on this thread anymore
I vaguely recall a permit request several months ago for a small strip of 4-5 places. I thought that was going just North of Saltgrass, but what they are building looks much like the plan I saw.
My guess is a strip of 4-5 small shops.
armymom
What's going in at Valley View and S. Texas Ave in CS next to Aggieland Cycling?
carpe vinum
AG
armymom said:

What's going in at Valley View and S. Texas Ave in CS next to Aggieland Cycling?
I vaguely recall that will be a Domino's.
NurseShep
Our backyard backs up to Science Center/Lynntech and there's been a lot of trucks coming and going. This weekend my husband stopped one of them and asked what was going on and the guy told us they're putting in a new Academy. He said he wasn't sure what they were doing with the old location but that they were building a new one.
Tailgate88
AG
Heismenberg said:

Had to make a run to Walgreens tonight and noticed they have the menu at the drive thru of Zaxby's installed when I drove by. When is it opening?

A week from today at 10:30am per their FB page.
carpe vinum
AG
Sounds like the new Academy isn't the only thing that will be built around the Science Park area.
http://oldhamgoodwin.com/oldham-goodwin-capital-acquires-the-science-park-at-research-valley-in-college-station-texas/
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Heismenberg said:

A week from today at 10:30am per their FB page.
The locally-famous lush reviewer is already camped outside to insure his FTR.
FlyRod
He just "nailed" the Bush's Chicken in Bryan.
matbow2007
A sales person at Verizon said a Starbucks is coming to that area. I will confess this info is second hand info so take it with a grain of salt
australopithecus robustus
Yes there will be a Starbucks
BrandoC
AG
Why do you need 72,000 sq. ft for a Academy? Just dont see what they convert the old Academy to. Another eyesore building in this city.
carpe vinum
AG
The City of CS put out a podcast about new stuff coming. I couldn't get it to play but the narrative had a few new things listed and confirmed the Brazilian Steakhouse.
DBSwooper
carpe vinum said:

The City of CS put out a podcast about new stuff coming. I couldn't get it to play but the narrative had a few new things listed and confirmed the Brazilian Steakhouse.
Brazilian steakhouse? That's a lot! More like a Brazilian chicken finger places.
carpe vinum
AG
Thanks for putting more garbage on a garbage laden board.
CrazyAgE
FlyRod said:

Don't forget Taco Casa. Only the finest and classiest for the refined palates in that area.

Does anyone know offhand if the Bryan location takes part in the text deals as well as their Taco Tuesday deal? Or is it just the one on 40?
Max06
AG
It's the same owner,so I'd expect the specials to be the same.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.